Arlene
Devoted March 2020

Couples getting married on February 29, 2020 in California

Arlene, on October 5, 2018 at 7:07 PM Posted in California Planning 1 6
Saved Save

I plan to get married on leap day on leap year! My fiance wanted a special date that meant something, and I see alot of reviews about how upsetting it is not to celebrate your wedding day every year on that exact date which to me I do not understand or get why a number throws you off your anniversary. I think it is awesome and I am excited. Congrats to you all other couples getting married on the same day!!!

6 Comments

• Maggie
    Champion October 2025
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

Hi Arlene, welcome to WeddingWire!!! Smiley ring

I love the idea of Leap Day weddings!! You might be able to find some date twins in the February 2020 Brides discussion!! Your month mates be able to help in any planning qualms you might get into! Smiley smile

Have you and your FS talked about what day you'll celebrate your anniversary on not-leap years?

• Arkilia
    Super October 2020
    Arkilia ·
    • Flag
    Hi Arlene, we are also getting married leap day 2020.i love the idea of doing something big every 4 years (traveling to another country) I also like that the other 3 years we can pick March 1 or February 28....
    Have you start planning we are booking our venue at the end of this month and have been tasting food. I'm in nursing school so I'm trying to get stuff done on my breaks. Looking at wedding dresses in a couple of weeks, there is a dress by Allure i like but it's from 2016 so the bridal store my not have it for long, so I just want to try it on.
    Sorry for the long post... Happy planning
  • Arlene
    Devoted March 2020
    Arlene ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi! Never a long post that is exciting and congrats to you both!!

Yes we love the idea of the date, we are engraving our rings prior to the wedding so it will be nice to share that special date and choose when to celebrate it.

Yes we started planning already even though it seems awhile away financially, mentally all that we want to be prepared! and stress less towards the date. We are booking our venue this Saturday actually as we have a final tour for the last 2 venues we want to check out. We hired our photographer and have our engagement shoot next month :-) and we hired our DJ . so we put deposits on them both to hold and will finalize when we book the venue. I am trying to lose ALOT of weight then May I will dress shop I am a bigger girl so I definitely am utilizing the time to lose weight. That is awesome though and aww yea can you order the dress before they take it out of season that way you can hang on to it till the big day?

• Arkilia
    Super October 2020
    Arkilia ·
    • Flag
    I am also trying to lose weight also, I have about 25lbs I'm trying to lose. I definitely agree the time helps financially. We are going on a cruise for our honeymoon so we placing that deposit in Jan, still looking for a DJ. Found a photographer just waiting for her to reply. We will probably place our catering deposit in January also
  • Datyana
    Just Said Yes December 2019
    Datyana ·
    • Flag
    I'm getting married on Leap Day 2020 after almost 8 years of being together. I'm so excited.
  • Talitha
    Just Said Yes February 2012
    Talitha ·
    • Flag

Congrats to you all that are getting married on Leap Day 2020! It is so the year to get married on since it falls on a Saturday, a traditional day of the week to get married on. I got married on the leap year 2012 on a WEDnesday. We met and started dating 4 years prior to that on Valentines Day and had our first kiss on leap day 2008. We realized it about a year later and that we would wait 4 years and get married that day. Husband and I do something small on 2/28 and 3/1 to celebrate, since they both equal 29. We save up for a trips for the leap day. We got our rings engraved on the first anniversary date, with our date on them.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics