My wedding is 5/2/2020. My county just shut down for two weeks. I’m in a state of panic, this is not something you think you need to prepare for when wedding planning. It sure if I’m over or under freaking out here. Anyone else??
Ah. Breathe. I’m sorry to hear that happen and I know there’s a lot of uncertainty. Did you ask your venue and vendors about contingencies or options you have if you do need to cancel or postpone due to the virus?
I'm getting married on 05/02/20 and haven't thought twice about it. 🤷🏽♀️ the flu is more dangerous than this virus. By May, I'm sure CNN will have found something else to blow out of proportion. Just breathe
Well, 4/4/2020 we're considering moving our date. Had our first cancellation, and most of FH's family might not be able to fly in. I tried to be optimistic, but with so much family being possibly hurt...we'll probably get married at the courthouse and have our renewal later in the year. It sucks and I'm heartbroken, but there aren't a lot of options. And trying to keep family updated has been tough and knowing everyone wants to be there but can't - it's been rough. It's really quite sad. I'm going to sob some more and see what other options we have.
My wedding is 5/2/2020 we have family that have plans to fly over from Hawaii, Florida and Chicago but everyone is reconsidering now, and my honeymoon on a 12 day cruise that has been booked since October departs on May 11th I am definitely freaking out but I am taking it day by day and many prayers for us and our country.
I received an e-mail from another wedding website about what to reconsider doing about Spring weddings and just busted into tears. Just remember ladies the wedding is just one day I know it is a big day but we have to look at the bigger picture, that we are marrying the love of our lives.
Same boat... date is 4/25, supposed to leave for honeymoon in Greece 5/11...
I’m in healthcare, our clients are shutting things down left and right. I’m hoping for the best but preparing for the worst. Luckily, flights are letting you move/cancel on short notice so we have told our guests we will know no later than 2 weeks from now. We are reaching out to vendors to make a game plan if we have to postpone but we might elope on our planned date while pushing the party. Heads up, a lot of travel insurance and wedding insurance does NOT cover a pandemic! Just breath and think logically. For me, it’s not worth having people travel and possibly getting elderly family sick. Young people can carry the virus and infect those it could have a worse effect on. My Nana’s health is more important than having my BIG wedding in my set day.
My wedding is also on 5/2/2020, and is local (downtown SF). It's been a very stressful 2 weeks. We sent out invitations on Feb 24th, just as the coronavirus outbreak began in the US. We invited 225 people (all domestic), expecting about 200. We planned our wedding accordingly, having to adjust in order to accommodate that many guests (50% is my family).
Then some RSVPs started rolling in. Some guests declined, citing "SF is too expensive, too dirty, too inconvenient" or "Kids are still in school". The guestlist was looking more like 150 at this point.
Then Coronavirus became a thing in SF. And it got worse. Guestlist was looking more like 100. There's a real possibility my own father can't come--he's 75, lives near Seattle, and has never been in the greatest of health. He's been self-quarantining for the last 2 weeks for fear of infection.
Now numerous people have been pinging me in the last 48 hours, asking if I'm planning to, or even insinuating that I should, postpone. I find this incredibly rude. I've been telling them "No" because postponing is not a realistic option for us--we don't know when would be a good time to postpone to because who knows what 3, 4, 6, 12 months will be like down the road. We've also sunk 30k into the wedding so far, and getting our vendors to reschedule will be very difficult. We won't hit our food and bev minimum, and we certainly won't fill our contracted room block.
So now it is looking like 75 guests, maybe. I don't blame guests for not wanting to travel now, but I'm certainly not changing our plans to accommodate them.
The only silver lining (if you can call it that) is that we were planning to do our honeymoon in Italy, but never booked it. We were having problems deciding exactly when to go due to work scheduling, so we put it off. With the various travel bans in place, we are just cancelling the honeymoon completely. At least we're not out any money there.
View Quoted Comment
I have the same date. Our chapel just called and cancelled on us (it’s on the University of Pittsburgh campus). We aren’t sure what the next few days or weeks will bring and whether or not we need to be considering postponing, especially for the safety of our elderly grandparents and other guests who want to attend
View Quoted Comment
I agree. But things are getting crazy. They just closed all of our public schools in NM to 3 weeks and we’ve only had 3-4confirmed cases in the state. It’s chaos, stores are out of paper goods, water, cleaning supplies and now I’m sure food will be scarce with all the kids being home.