C
Dedicated April 2022

Coronavirus wedding - How to handle what should’ve been my wedding day?

Chris, on April 19, 2020 at 11:16 AM Posted in Community Conversations 0 5
Saved
Postponed our May 2nd, 2020 wedding in Miami. Is anyone else dreading when their wedding date comes along? I feel as though I’ll feel super emotional when I wake up on May 2nd knowing it was supposed to be our special day. Any tips to not feel so blue on that day? What has everyone else done?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Gina, on April 20, 2020 at 11:59 PM
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    We eloped on our driveway and ordered from the BBQ joint we ate at in the night of our engagement. And then we dismantled our honeymoon plans.
  • I
    Beginner July 2020
    Ilana ·
    • Flag
    This is my today 😔 we're going to be drinking a lot of wine, and will go stop by our venue to just get all the feels out! Postponed to July and I can't wait!
  • N
    Dedicated July 2020
    N ·
    • Flag
    Mine og date was last Saturday. We actually just had a nice day doing yard work. Lol. the couple days up to we’re actually more stressful because I thought we needed to commemorate it but once the day passed I was feeling okay. It felt harder earlier on as people were asking me about what my plans were, etc. So keep your head up, plan to do something with you FS if your not going to do any ceremony and be ready to move on. It was easier once I let the “date” go and stopped thinking about that date as our “anniversary date” and looking toward our future date (which is still up in the air at this point).
  • L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

I’ve asked my fiancé to make sure he’s off (He works at a hospital). We will get some flowers from the grocery or Costco, have a nice dinner and most likely listen to music and dance on our pati and dream about q future wedding. I’m dreading it but glad I postponed.

• Gina
    WeddingWire Administrator April 2021
    Gina ·
    • Flag

Hi Chris,

I am so sorry you are going through this! I would plan a special day with your partner. Maybe a scavenger hunt with notes about how much you love them and can't wait to marry them! While you may not be getting married on that date, I think it will be special to spend time together.

Sending lots of love your way!

Smiley heart

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics