We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Braya
Savvy June 2020

Corona Virus Impacting Honeymoon Plans?

Braya, on March 15, 2020 at 7:46 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 7
Saved Save
Reply
We get married June 6th and are supposed to leave for our honeymoon in Europe the same night, which include Italy. With all of the current updates and the new travel ban it doesn’t look to be going in our favor. Is anyone else in this boat? What are your current ideas for dealing with this?

7 Comments

  • A
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Andrew ·
    • Flag
    I’m in the same boat just 1 week later. In my mind canceling is inevitable. Looking to book a backup option(fights for now due to current exchange policies) to somewhere in the US and doing Europe with the airline credit for a 1 yr anniversary trip.
    • Reply
  • Michelle
    Savvy June 2020
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I’m in the same boat, set to depart for our honeymoon on June 24th. Luckily I booked the trip last November and bought Cancel for Any Reason insurance. We’re waiting until May to make the decision but it’s not looking good obviously. I feel for everyone feel but hoping everyone stays safe!
    • Reply
  • Braya
    Savvy June 2020
    Braya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Andrew
    I totally agree, I think I’m holding off hoping this will clear up, but even if it gets better I don’t know what state anything will be in. On top of that the airline is now in The news facing bankruptcy behind the pandemic so we may owe our flights no matter what.
    That’s actually a good idea you have there about going to Europe in a year, I may discuss this with my fiancé.
    • Reply
  • Braya
    Savvy June 2020
    Braya ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hi Michelle
    I’m glad to hear you are covered just in case! Our airline is actually facing bankruptcy due to the pandemic so our flights might be in a jam no matter what at this point, we honestly just have to wait this out a bit further and see how things shake out.
    • Reply
  • Madelyn
    Dedicated June 2020
    Madelyn ·
    • Flag
    Hi date twin!! We are planning on doing a Disney Cruise out of Vancouver on June 8th. However, Canada is not letting any ship with over 500 people leave port until July 1st. Disney told us they’re trying to make alternate plans but at this point anything can happen. FH and I are going to have to make a third honeymoon plan (the first plan didn’t fall through and the cruise was our second) Incase we actually can’t go on our current honeymoon 🙃 but I agree with the PP- it would make an excellent anniversary trip! Maybe try to find some place closer to home (like same country or region) in case something happens! Good luck!!
    • Reply
  • Aida
    Devoted August 2020
    Aida ·
    • Flag

    Oh yeah. Our honeymoon was set for July to japan with flight and lodgings already booked and paid for. We're still hoping that by July COVID-19 has its act together and we can still go. We are using the Olympics as an indicator. If they still go to Japan then we probably will too, but if they cancel, we will too and eat our losses.

    • Reply
  • Abby
    Just Said Yes June 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag

    We are having the same problem. We weren't that concerned originally because our honeymoon is to Alaska, but the big issue is that we were planning to take a cruise. The cancellation policy seems very up-in-the-air right now with all the craziness, and we already paid off the cruise in its entirety. However, we are considering some "plan B" honeymoons in the states. Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks and stay strong beauties!

    • Reply

Comment on this discussion

×

Related articles