FutureMrsForte
Devoted February 2016

Colored lip or nude lip?

FutureMrsForte, on October 19, 2015 at 10:41 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 25

Hi guys! I have been in such debate about my make up! I think I definitely want to do a cool color smokey eye...with browns and tans and possibly a little gold as well! But what about the lip? I am thinking neutral because I don't want a colored lip to be outdated in the future years! Some colors...

Hi guys!

I have been in such debate about my make up! I think I definitely want to do a cool color smokey eye...with browns and tans and possibly a little gold as well! But what about the lip? I am thinking neutral because I don't want a colored lip to be outdated in the future years! Some colors that I think are awesome now I know I will probably not like in the future or may be inapproriate for such a formal event. Thoughts?

25 Comments

• ashley_severns2016
    Devoted September 2016
    ashley_severns2016 ·
    • Flag

Nude! I've always heard that if you play up the eyes, go super light/natural on the lip. But I'm also not a fan of lip color! Haha

• Natalie
    Master May 2015
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

My mua suggested a neutral lip with a more bold eye. My usual look is more bold eyeshadow with a more neutral lip, so it was very me. This was from my trial.

• Jessica
    Dedicated November 2015
    Jessica ·
    • Flag

I think you'll want at least a little color on your lips, or you'll look washed out. I agree with doing up eyes or lips, not both.

I am doing an understated eye with lashes, and bold red lips. I wanted an Old Hollywood Glamour look, which I feel with always be in style.

• E
    Master July 2015
    Emma ·
    • Flag

You either have to do dramatic lips or eyes. You can't do both. If you're watching something like that, I would do a soft lip.

I originally thought I wanted a smokey eye, but it looked terrible during my trial. Deff do a trial to make sure it's what you want!

• Chelsea B. Design Studio
    Chelsea B. Design Studio ·
    • Flag

I also agree with kahlcara, go with something that is a pink and just a shade or two darker than your natural lip. A nude lip will wash you out and your lips will disappear in photos. I think I did something similar to what you want, bronze smokey eye and a more natural lip.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics