C
Savvy April 2020

Chuppah and view?

Caitlin, on December 3, 2019 at 2:06 PM Posted in Wedding Ceremony 0 9
Saved Save
Does the chuppah block the view of the bridal party and certain guests attending? Future MIL wants us to have one but I'm worried it'll block views and make it harder on my photographer. My FH said it's not important to him (they didn't raise him with many Jewish traditions). Thinking were not gonna use it.

9 Comments

• Sexypoodle
    VIP October 2020
    Sexypoodle ·
    • Flag
    Chuppas are used at weddings all of the time and guests can see. Additionally photographers move all around during the ceremony to capture photos. So they’ll be fine and I’m sure they’ve worked with it before.
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly Online ·
    • Flag
    Ours did not block the view.
    Chuppah and view? 1

• 2d Bride
    Champion October 2009
    2d Bride ·
    • Flag

Ours did not block the view. You just have to have it high enough so it doesn't cover up the people.

Chuppah and view? 2

• C
    Savvy April 2020
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's a gorgeous photo! Maybe it's the angle but I'm worried about the bridesmaids looking directly into a pole
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Our wedding party was angled out, not in a straight line.
    Chuppah and view? 3Chuppah and view? 4
  • C
    Savvy April 2020
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I see. Thanks! I was told we would have to stand in it for the ceremony and couldn't be in front. Couldn't tell on the 1st pic that your sides were covered as well
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Gotcha. I’m not Jewish only my husband is and he didn’t have any requests besides having the chuppah and stepping on the glass. He isn’t big on following all the Jewish traditions despite his mother’s wishes haha.
  • C
    Savvy April 2020
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Sounds like we have about the same situation lol. Thanks for the input and photos Smiley smile
  • L
    Devoted August 2019
    Leaves232 ·
    • Flag
    If the poles are really wide or ornately decorated, it could block the view (just saying).

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics