Katlyn
Savvy December 2020

Christmas cabin recommendations?

Katlyn, on August 16, 2019 at 8:30 PM Posted in Honeymoon 0 11
Saved Save

Hi all!! FH and I are getting married on Dec. 19, 2020 and we would love a Christmas cabin for our honeymoon. Does anyone have any recommendations for where would be locations in the States or Canada that has some nice accommodations?

11 Comments

• M
    Dedicated September 2019
    McKenzie ·

Alaska is always beautiful that time of year, and near Fairbanks there is a town called the North Pole with "Santa's House". Plus theres Chena Hot Springs and the chance to see the northern lights. Not sure of any specific cabins for rent, but I'm sure they have some options.

• S
    Beginner February 2019
    Serena ·
    Della Terra Estes Park Colorado !
  • Cliodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Cliodhna ·

Hey there Katlyn!

This WeddingWire article has some honeymoon suggestions for December. Most of them are beach destinations, however, the last one may be a great option for you! Would you consider Lake Placid in New York for your honeymoon? The Best Honeymoon Destinations in December

• Katlyn
    Savvy December 2020
    Katlyn ·
    View Quoted Comment

Lake Placid sounds like a wonderful option! Since I currently live in the Caribbean I really wanted a change of scenery and so we are looking for options that don't involve beaches.

• Katlyn
    Savvy December 2020
    Katlyn ·
    View Quoted Comment

I have seen pictures of this place and it looks amazing!

• Katlyn
    Savvy December 2020
    Katlyn ·
    View Quoted Comment

Wow I have never heard of this place! I will be sure to look into it!

• C
    Expert January 2020
    Cassie ·
    There is a hotel in Pigeon Forge, Tennessee that is decorated for Christmas all year round, they have nightly Christmas cookies and Santa visits. I believe they have a room with a tree in it as well. It’s called The Inn at Christmas Place I believe.
  • Stephnie
    Savvy February 2020
    Stephnie ·

Before I broke my kneecap, my then boyfriend and I were planning a trip to Washington (state) because I have never seen snow. He wanted to take me to the Bavarian Style Village called Leavenworth. All I could think was like the prison? They have a Christmas light festival, sleigh rides, a reindeer farm where you can feed them and take photos. They have different hotels, lodges, and I’ve been even seen yurts on Air BnB. He would have proposed there but that’s the way life goes sometimes. https://leavenworth.org/event/christmas-lighting-festival-2019-dec-6-8-13-15-20-22/2019-12-22/
  • Crystal
    Dedicated September 2020
    Crystal ·
    Leavenworth wa is amazing! It’s a little Bavarian themed town, awesome food, theres a ton of cabins for rent but you gotta book early
  • Katlyn
    Savvy December 2020
    Katlyn ·

Wow I didn't know about Leavenworth, it sounds so nice!

• Tamiera
    Beginner November 2019
    Tamiera ·

Definitely look into Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge, TN for the cabin feel. Not sure which side of the US you're on, but it's the most affordable mountain getaway! So beautiful around December too because of all the Christmas lights!.

Comment on this discussion