Kayla
Savvy November 2020

Chargars for an informal reception?

Kayla, on August 5, 2019 at 2:26 AM Posted in Wedding Reception 0 16
Saved Save
Hey all, advice requested: We are having a really informal brunch buffet reception. I know chargers are usually used for a plated meal and I know I don’t NEED them for any reason. I just really like how they look and I feel like they compete the table setting and we have the money for it if we want. So my question is: does having chargars for such an informal meal just confuse people? Is it tacky? Would you be super weirded out by it at a wedding? Thanks for the advice!!

16 Comments

• Tanya
    Dedicated November 2019
    Tanya ·
    • Flag
    I think it’s totally fine. I also like the way to completes any table setting. I think you should go for it.
  • Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

I agree with Tanya. Having the chargers will be fine!

• N
    Expert August 2019
    N ·
    • Flag
    If you’re ok with the extra cost, do it. I would just care the food tastes good as a guest.
  • Michelle
    Rockstar December 2019
    Michelle ·
    • Flag

It's totally fine and it they look so pretty too

• Liz
    Dedicated June 2020
    Liz ·
    • Flag
    I’m using chargers for a buffet meal, so I think it’s fine. I love the look.
  • Sara
    Super October 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag

I think it'd be fine to have chargers. If you want a more informal look, you could look into some disposable options - we're using foil doilies as "chargers" for our buffet meal so the table will look more complete, but people won't have to take plates with them to the line.

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I agree with PP - you can do doilies and they're cheaper
  • Yam
    VIP September 2019
    Yam ·
    • Flag
    Chargers are absolutely fine, it’s still a wedding, weddings get to look a little special.
    Dollar Tree sells chargers for $1 btw, that’s where I’m buying mine.
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

If you like the look, you should do them!

• A
    Master October 2019
    Angelena ·
    • Flag

I was thinking foil doilies as well like pp mentioned. I think for a brunch also, it would be the perfect amount of vamping up the tables without being too formal.

• Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag

It definitely isn't tacky. We opted to do pocket napkins with a menu instead since it was cheaper and also completed the look of the table so there wasn't a bunch of empty space.

Chargars for an informal reception? 1

• Laura
    Rockstar October 2019
    Laura ·
    • Flag

Not tacky or weird at all. I've been to a wedding that served pizza and they still used them. I thought it looked nice

• Kayla
    Savvy November 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    This is so cute!! I LOVE how you did the tables!!!
  • Kayla
    Savvy November 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That’s so good to hear (and that wedding sounds awesome)!! thank you!! I think we are gonna go for it!
  • Kayla
    Savvy November 2020
    Kayla ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you so much!! That’s something I hadn’t even considered so I’m definitely going to look into it Smiley smile I’ve seen some super cute ideas on Pinterest now
  • Nemo
    VIP August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks so much! We considered doing chargers or doilies but ended up going this route for our semi-formal reception. We just didn't want the tables to look unfinished, and this accomplished our goal quite nicely and was affordable.

Comment on this discussion