Skip to main content
Nette
Dedicated October 2021

Changing out of wedding dress?

Nette, on October 30, 2020 at 3:27 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 34
Saved
Hey lady’s I was wondering is any of you lady’s changing outta your wedding dress into a Different outfit I’ve been thanking about it but I’m not 100% sure.

34 Comments

Latest activity by Yvette, on November 8, 2020 at 1:48 PM
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    Yes ma’am, I’m changing into a shorter dress for our after party
  • Nette
    Dedicated October 2021
    Nette ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’ve been looking but still don’t know if I’m going to change
  • Yasmine
    Master October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag

I'm not. I originally thought I wanted to but then I thought to myself "do you really want to pay all of this money for a dress just to have it on for a couple of hours?" So I decided against it and will be wearing my dress all night.

• Nette
    Dedicated October 2021
    Nette ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I didn’t thank about that 🤔 lol
  • Yasmine
    Master October 2020
    Yasmine ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Lol I always said I would have a reception dress but yeah ... no I won't lol I personally can't justify it for myself.

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Personally, the only reason I would change is if there was a legitimate need to do so. The only reason I am changing is because we are going barhopping after our reception, and my dress has a train that I do not want to carry around all night or have people stepping on & tripping me. If my dress didn’t have a train, I definitely wouldn’t be changing. We spend so much money on our wedding dresses, you might as well wear them as long as you can!
  • Lisa
    Rockstar July 2022
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I'm planning to wear my dress all night for the same reason Yasmine mentioned. I only get the opportunity to wear it once, and if I'm spending a bunch of money on it, I want to at least wear it as long as I can. I think the decision though is totally up to you, there's no right/wrong answer. Many people have two dresses - could be because they couldn't decide between two dresses, or maybe they love their dress but it's not easy to dance in, so they have a ceremony dress and a second dress for the reception, etc. If you're wanting to change into a reception dress, I say go for it!
  • Meghan
    Expert September 2021
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    I’ll be wearing mine all night and probably finding other reasons to wear it around the house afterwards 🤣
  • M
    Super October 2022
    Michele ·
    • Flag
    Absolutely not!! You get married one day out of your life and that dress is way too expensive to wear for 30 minutes max to a 6+ hour party.
  • Maggie
    Dedicated July 2022
    Maggie ·
    • Flag

I'll have a second dress for bar hopping after the reception, but I plan to wear my actual wedding dress up until we leave the ceremony/reception venue. I'm wearing my wedding dress a second time at our second celebration in my FH's hometown, and I don't want it to get completely ruined before then!

• Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

I did not. After the amount of money I spent on that dress, you bet I was going to wear it as long as possible! I even wore it to the bar for our after party

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I did not change out of my dress but honestly that is not a bad idea if it is in your budget! because you can change into something more comfortable or easier to move in

• Kayse
    Expert December 2020
    Kayse ·
    • Flag

I have three dresses.....a ceremony dress, a reception dress, and an okay, I'm ready to be comfortable dress. Most of this was due to the fact that I had to postpone for six months and had more time to look at dresses, but whether you wear the same dress or change, it's not hurting anybody. Do you.

• Sarah
    Super August 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    I was going to change into a nice pant suit since I'm really not a dress person (the last time I wore a dress was ten years ago) buttttt I spent way more then I had originally planned so I'm going to wear it for as long as I can, make every cent count haha 🤣😂🤣😂
  • M
    Super October 2022
    Michele ·
    • Flag
    Something to consider when shopping is get a style that is comfortable to be constantly moving in. Or if you aren't a dress person, skip the dress entirely and be true to who you are instead of pleasing others.
  • C
    Master January 2019
    Cassidy ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t change. As others stated I wanted to wear it as long as possible since I spent a lot on it. Plus I only get to be a bride once!
    My sister in law got changed. She put on a t-shirt and leggings (I think it was first dance, dinner, cake, and then she got changed). But that’s the only person I’ve seen get changed.
  • M
    Super October 2022
    Michele ·
    • Flag
    I've attended many weddings and have never in my life seen anyone change out of their dress into something else at any time. It's a brand new trend from the Wedding Industry Complex to bully you to spend more, while telling you that everyone and their cousin does it when they don't at all.
  • Michelle
    Master April 2021
    Michelle ·
    • Flag
    I considered it but as mentioned multiple times, I paid a lot of money & am only wearing it once so I’m wearing it as long as possible!
  • Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    I did not. I loved my wedding dress so much, and paid a lot for it, so I wanted to wear it for as long as possible.
  • Madelin
    Devoted November 2020
    Madelin ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    My thoughts exactly!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics