K
Beginner January 2021

Calamigos Ranch Wedding - covid Issues

K, on August 11, 2020 at 10:57 AM

Posted in California Planning 77

Are any brides getting married at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu, CA? What has your experience been with the venue since the pandemic began? Our wedding was scheduled for June 2020 and we postponed until January 2021. In my experience, they have been uncommunicative and I am struggling to get clear...
Are any brides getting married at Calamigos Ranch in Malibu, CA? What has your experience been with the venue since the pandemic began? Our wedding was scheduled for June 2020 and we postponed until January 2021. In my experience, they have been uncommunicative and I am struggling to get clear information. We are considering cancellation all together and having a smaller wedding elsewhere.

What has your experience been?

77 Comments

• Debbie
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Debbie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    They are ignoring our emails and phone calls. My attorney is proceeding to contact them.
  • T
    Beginner March 2021
    Tammy ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ugh I’m getting married in the Oak Room on the 26th! I am So stressed the entire thing is going to be a disaster!! Did they make your guests come three hours early? I was under the impression they can be tested elsewhere? Were you allowed any dancing? It’s so not fair that Calamigos is making what is supposed to be a magical day such a nightmare!!!
  • Delia
    Just Said Yes February 2021
    Delia ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

They told me to ask our guest to do the covid test 48-72 hours before the wedding back into Novmeber 2020. I also printed a note along with my invitation to ask my guest to do the covid test before they come.

In the first week of February , I called & email to confirm everything including the covid policy, and they told me to ask my guests to come 3 hours early to do the covid test. I'm upset because NO ONE informs us until we ask about the situation and is only 3 weeks away from my wedding. Smiley sad

In the end, all of my guests come 3 hours early to do the covid test, I called all of my guests one by one and explain the situation.

No dancing is allowed. First dance & father and daughter dance only.

I know the process is stressful but trusts me, everything will be all right on your big day! Smiley heart

• C
    Beginner June 2021
    Carrie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    How much were the tests and were you responsible for that fee? Also, what did the people due for those 3 hours? Thanks
    Carrie
  • I
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Ivana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Any update? We filed a claim against on the BBB still waiting on a response. They are still not wanting to give our money back. They insisted they will be conducting the event “as contracted” which is BS because we never signed for a no dancing, no cocktail hour, completely outdoor wedding.
  • I
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Ivana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Please keep me posted! I’m reaching out to a family friend whom might be able to cover our story on the news. Still no word from them on the BBB.
  • S
    Beginner May 2021
    Sandra ·
    • Flag
    I was also thinking that we can all file a complaint on the news or BBB all together etc to get more attention!
  • T
    Beginner March 2021
    Tammy ·
    • Flag
    Yes, please keep us updated! We aren’t having the wedding we dreamed of and Calamigos doesn’t care at all!! We didn’t want a March wedding, but they forced our hands by saying we would owe a lot more money! And they received a PPP loan in the amount of 2.8 million plus dollars in apr of 2020. I have been unemployed for a year and can’t afford what they are throwing at us!! 🤬🤬
  • T
    Beginner March 2021
    Tammy ·
    • Flag
    Did any of you know that our vendors have to be tested as well?? We just found out and our wedding is in a week!!
  • C
    Beginner June 2021
    Carrie ·
    • Flag

I know only because I asked.......hopefully many will have had vaccine and present their card. I am sorry Tammy it sounds like you have been through the ringer. I have 3 months to see if they get it together. We are still stressed. Hopefully your day is magical being with those you love and these details fade.

Carrie

• M
    Savvy March 2021
    Mother Of The Bride ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Please let us know. Our venue is not at Caliamigos but is close by. I am having difficulties getting a refund. I think we should all ban together
  • S
    Beginner May 2021
    Sandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I agree that we should ban together!
  • C
    Beginner June 2021
    Carrie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

When is your wedding? I just heard on ABC news a huge piece about neighboring Malibu Wines and big legal issues there..... sounds like a nightmare. I am sure if a news reporter got wind of all this... there would be a story.

• R
    Beginner September 2022
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    What legal issue?
  • C
    Beginner June 2021
    Carrie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    ABC7LA.com
  • I
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Ivana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Hello Sandra,
    Yes please do the more BBB cases are submitted, I’m sure it going to get their attention. I definitely think we should ban together , our lawyer is trying to get a hold of them but still no answer... ☹️
  • I
    Just Said Yes July 2020
    Ivana ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I’m so sorry Tammy, I can’t imagine the amount of stress your in. I hope there aren’t any more surprises on your actual day. I would still file with the BBB. They keep pushing to reschedule & will proceed “ as contracted “. Nope no where on that piece of paper states I’m to have a restricted NO dancing etc 🤬
  • S
    Beginner May 2021
  • S
    Beginner May 2021
    Sandra ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Debbie, have they responded to your attorney? We are thinking of hiring one too.
  • Debbie
    Just Said Yes June 2021
    Debbie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No, so far they have not responded. My attorney is filing arbitration on Monday
    Check back in with me next week

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics