Andrea
Just Said Yes October 2021

Burgundy and Blue or Dark and Light Blue?

Andrea, on April 17, 2020 at 12:44 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 16
Saved

I cannot pick between wine red and blue bridesmaid dresses! I plan for the main wedding colors to be dark blue, light blue, burgundy

Wedding: October in Atlanta (fingers crossed!!!!) overlooking the woods. Early October in Atl = Could be super fall gorgeous, could be practically summer.
Red Dress Reasoning:*Wine red dresses, guys in dark blue suits with matching red ties-it’s beautiful, I’m just drawn to it. -feels more fallish-bridesmaids feel they would look better in it-but does it feel über patriotic??
Blue Reasoning:*blue bridesmaid dress, grey suits with blue accents or maybe dark blue suits with grey and light blue accents-my favorite color is light blue, his is dark blue-Light blue/dark blue were our high school colors where we met- Bridesmaids are also good with wearing blue- Not patriotic?-more chill?-should I just ditch red from the color scheme??
Please tell me what you think!!Burgundy and Blue or Dark and Light Blue? 1

16 Comments

Latest activity by Hayden, on April 29, 2020 at 6:05 AM
  • Molly
    VIP September 2020
    Molly ·
    • Flag

Burgundy and Blue!

• Rebelle Fleur
    Rockstar July 2021
    Rebelle Fleur ·
    • Flag
    I really love the dark and light blues.
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I think the burgundy and navy looks better for fall.
  • Natalie
    Super November 2020
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    You can do blue attire and burgundy flowers. Just a thought!
  • Hanna
    VIP June 2019
    Hanna ·
    • Flag

I personally LOVE the dark blue dresses with the gray suits (the photo on the top right). I agree that the burgundy dresses with the navy suits looks a bit too patriotic looking, unless you're into that. But I think having burgundy flowers would not be too much at all!

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag

I vote for burgundy and blue

• Erin
    VIP September 2023
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    I personally really like burgundy and blue. That was my 2nd choice color scheme behind burgundy and Olive Smiley smile
  • Sharonda
    Rockstar January 2021
    Sharonda ·
    • Flag
    I had this same dilemma, but eventually landed on burgundy and navy ... so that’s my vote. My fiancé actually made the final decision because I was in between navy, burgundy and gray too. Lol! In my wedding, the ladies will wear burgundy dresses and the men will wear navy tuxes. You can avoid the patriotic look by picking a darker burgundy (like Cabernet, my color). I don’t think it looks patriotic at all since that color is much darker than a standard red. Whatever you decide, you can’t go wrong! Good luck!
  • Erin
    Savvy August 2021
    Erin ·
    • Flag
    Love the burgundy and navy!!!
  • Natalie
    Devoted December 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    Burgundy & navy for sure!!! 💙❤️
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Legend March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag

I love both, but prefer the light/dark blue more. It's personal for you both. Plus, I feel it's a more unique combo. I think the dark & moody blue palette is also perfect for fall!

• Jane
    Dedicated October 2020
    Jane ·
    • Flag
    I would pick burgundy and navy I love the dark color tones. Both light and navy would both look good with the burgundy so thats a tough one. Good luck!
  • Destiny
    June 2016
    Destiny ·
    • Flag
    Burgundy and blue is pretty and it’s amazing for an October wedding
  • Aida
    Devoted May 2021
    Aida ·
    • Flag

Ooh burgundy and dark blue are so mood right now. I love the deep contrasts and in October too, its a feast for my eyes.

• Briana
    Savvy October 2021
    Briana ·
    • Flag
    Burgundy and Navy were my first color choice before I recently changed it to a blue/grey color with sunflowers (due to date change)
    But my original date was going to be this fall, now it’s next spring.
    I personally love the burgundy/wine color but I do see what you mean about patriotic, especially lined up for photos. I think my mind would’ve never went there though unless you said you were having a July wedding.Either one would be gorgeous though, and you could always incorporate pops of burgundy with your flowers! 😊
  • H
    Beginner November 2020
    Hayden ·
    • Flag

Burgundy and dark blue.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics