Brittany
Beginner August 2020

Budget

Brittany, on May 21, 2019 at 1:04 AM Posted in Planning 0 37
Saved
What did everyone pay for their venue (and what all does it include)? Every venue is so different and I'm not even sure what to look for in a venue or what a "good" price would be. It's pretty much impossible to set a budget for our wedding without knowing what the average price of things are. What is a good budget to expect? I'm struggling so much!

37 Comments

Latest activity by Melle, on June 3, 2019 at 3:18 PM
  • Emily
    Savvy October 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    My venue is running a summer special. A lot do surprisingly. Im only paying 1300 for 100 acres of land. I get the bride's and groom's rooms, a barn. A huge feild for the ceremony and a beautiful 2500 sq ft airplane hanger for the reception. Sounds odd but it's amazing. My package is for up to 150 guest. I get 12 hours, one day for brides pictures, one night for a rehearsal, their staff will help set up and clean up. they have in house decorations i can use if i please. I get tables and chairs for 150 as well! On that note if the wedding was more than 150 people the venue should cost 4500. The more people you have the more it costs!
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    This will vary depending on the area you live in.
    My venue was $3,300.

This includes:

Use on Friday 12p-8p.
    We can set up.
    Rehearse
    Have rehearsal dinner.

Use on Friday 12p-12a
    Ceremony
    Reception
    Clean up

Use on Saturday 8a-12p

With our pricing we get 30 round tables, 2 - 8' tables, 4 - 6' tables and 240 chairs.

We are allowed to have vendors go in and set up the week of.

We get use of the main venue as well as a large museum downstairs. We plan to use this space as a dressing area and also an overflow/quieter area for people to hang out and play bags.

We get 2 licensed bartenders and a facility coordinator who will help us with some of the day of situations.

We get to use any of the decor they have on hand. We are allowed to nail and hang anything we like. We also have the use of their string lighting. And are able to choose any vendors we prefer for catering, cake, djs, photobooth. They also have a kitchen prep area.
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    **Use on Friday 12p-8p
    **Use on Saturday 12p-12a
    **Use on Sunday 8a-12p
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    Our venue will hold up to 240. But they are totally ok with 250.
  • C
    Super December 2021
    Casey ·
    • Flag
    This is exceptionally difficult to answer as it varies by region and genre greatly! My best suggestion to get a baseline is search by price range ($, $$, $$$+) and check vendors websites for prices (hopefully a few will have them publicly listed to avoid asking for quotes before you're sincerely interested.)
    Personally, I searched $ and got a feel for "bare minimum/rock bottom" prices and then $$ for a feel of that tier. I checked like 3 in the $$$ range and immediately knew it was way out of our range. Even many $$ surpassed our budget by quite a bit! However, that gave me a baseline for what was "average" or "cheap" in my area.
    Things to consider are "peak season" (most expensive because it is the most desired) or "off season" (least expensive/great deals because it is least desired.) In AZ our peak is late fall and winter because it's cool and off season is summer when it's miserably hot. In colder regions it's opposite.
    As for my experience, we found an all-inclusive venue that was exceptionally reasonable. It was actually cheaper than we probably could have done getting our own vendors. While this has been amazing it was actually not the deciding factor. All-inclusive was preferred but negotiable. The venue is so beautiful, the coordinator is wonderful, and it just felt right.
  • KiwiDerbyBride
    VIP May 2015
    KiwiDerbyBride ·
    • Flag

$80 per head, which included all chairs/tables, basic decor, exclusive use of the space, cutlery/crockery, linens, passed apps for cocktail hour, 2-course dinner, all staff for the evening, and unlimited beer/wine/soft drink, plus a getaway car for us. Most venues here do their own catering, so you don't tend to pay a venue fee then book a separate caterer. All-inclusive made it a lot less stressful!

• Nikki
    Dedicated November 2019
    Nikki ·
    • Flag
    Ours is $10k for 200 people, Fri-Sun use and it includes:

• Full day coordinator and staff

• Professional Photography up to (7 hours)

• Pre wedding photos (Getting ready, First Look, Bridal Party prior to guest arrival)

• 1 year of coordinated planning

• Unlimited number of planning visits

• 1 hour wedding rehearsal (coordinated)

• Set up / clean up (includes decorations) and packed into your vehicles

• Tables 60″ round and 6′ rectangle

• Chairs for ceremony & reception

• White floor length table linen

• Full day use of Bridal suite with attached private bathroom

• Full day use of Groom suite

• 3 bathrooms

• Large Bar (Staffed)

• Dance Floor

• Sign in table

• Gift table

• Cake cutting table

• No extra charge for Cake cutting and Champagne pour

• (2) Large picture easels

• (3) Wine barrels

• Several selections of center pieces

• Large private parking lot (staff member provided to direct traffic and greet guests)

• 4 beautiful ponds with waterfalls

• over 5 1/2 acres of gardens to wander

• Water, lemonade & Ice tea self-serve bar all day

• Ice for the event

• Self-serve Coffee Bar set up (client provides consumable items)

• Candy Bar set up (client provides candy/to go containers)

• $1,000,000.00 General Liability insurance for the bride and groom

• Tax and service fees already included, no hidden charges

• Mrs.
    Super May 2019
    Mrs. ·
    • Flag

Our venue costed $4,550 before tip. We're going to tip the owner of the venue because she has seriously gone above and beyond for us.

Included:
    - 2 night stay for 12 people, use of bonfire, pool, kitchen, laundry, literally anything within the house.
    - Rehearsal, ceremony, and reception
    - Rentals (folded chairs with seat covers for ceremony, chivari chairs for reception, 60" round tables, belly up tables, patio chairs and table, linens, farm tables, chargers, plates, utensils, champagne glasses, beer glasses, wine glasses, water glasses, speakers)
    - 60 car parking
    - Venue does set up and tear down of all their own items
    - Use of golf cart to get around grounds
    - Up to 100 guests (at our price point. Between 100-160 costs more)
    - Use of their commercial size fridge
    - Commercial coffee maker
    - Market lights

• Cheryl
    Expert November 2020
    Cheryl ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    That's amazing, btw! I'm totally jealous.
  • Krista
    Dedicated April 2020
    Krista ·
    • Flag
    Wow, so we live in California and basically the cheapest we have found is almost 5k for five hours of site use day of with tables and chairs. It has a one hour included rehearsal but not use of rehearsal dinner, that’s about 2500 more. It’s a beautiful place so I’m hoping we won’t decorate too much, but there were places that were easy 7-13 grand just for site use with out a lot of extras! Happy hunting and best of luck to ya!
  • Amanda
    Dedicated June 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    Definitely depends on your area....mine was 8500$ just for a site fee on a Friday. 12500$ for a Saturday. Only thing included are basic tables and chairs. The most expensive part has been the catering. Our venue requires us to use 1 of 3 preferred vendors for catering and they are all very expensive.
  • Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    $120 per person. That includes: 4 hour reception, 3x hour bridal suite before the ceremony, 5 apps, 4x hour open bar, 2x course lunch, cake, linens, napkins, tables, gold chairs, centerpiece, and valet services. Minimum 120x people.
  • Tonia
    Expert October 2019
    Tonia ·
    • Flag

It is all about the area and the type of venue you prefer. We got our venue for $3900 for a Sunday wedding. This includes use of the bridal suite, the groomsmen area, tables and chairs are included and we have the place for 8 hours. The max. capacity is 120 people. We are able to bring in our own caterer and our own alcohol. The majority of the vendors we booked are very familiar with the venue and know the owner so that has helped.

• D
    Super July 2020
    D ·
    • Flag
    $1000 for use of the facility which includes tables and chairs
    https://images.app.goo.gl/MJrL7CfpUL7VMFG56

9am to 11pm. No restrictions on catering and you can bring your own alcohol . It's completely Diy.
  • D
    Super July 2020
    D ·
    • Flag
  • Andrea
    Dedicated October 2019
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

Our venue cost us $6,500 for all day use from 11:30 am to 1:30 am on a Saturday during peak season. It includes, tables, chairs, uplighting, projectors, some draping, use of the entire building (bridal suite, coat check, grooms room, valet parking, etc..), and can hold up to 250 people.

• Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    Ours is $110 a person plus taxes. We need a minimum of 125, which is fine for us as our list is over 200 🤦🏻‍♀️ This includes all decor/centerpieces (not floral), use of bridal and groom suites all day, linens, tables, chairs, the entire venue so gazebo or indoor room for ceremony, separate cocktail hour room and ballroom and patio for the reception. It also includes all food and open bar which is like so much food. We have 10 passed appetizers, 6 chafing dishes, a meat and cheese display, 3 meal options, cake, pastries, an ice cream sundae bar, and coffee and cookies to go. All of these were the standard package at our venue.
  • Bride2020
    Devoted May 2020
    Bride2020 ·
    • Flag
    HEAVILY depends on the area you live in, but that being said, you can always find something. Our church will do it for a donation, it’s a gorgeous property but the indoors area is carpeted with a very underwhelming carpet, other than that the room is pretty too. They’ll provide tables and chairs but they aren’t fancy, they’ve got tablecloths too. A popular winery venue here is 7000, 5.9k on a friday or sunday, with a smaller room (under 60) for 1600, they include tables and chairs but no staffing, no nothing, they just leave you alone for the whole day, which is very appealing to some. Our venue is 2000 for the day, and we get tables and chairs (though we will be renting prettier chairs) and to use the whole very private property, plus the woman we’ve been in contact with sounds like she will be very involved day of. They have a tent option that I believe is 25 a person. All of these are within 15 minutes of eachother, yet very different prices. I know two people who just had tented weddings and theyre costing around 5k to rent the lighting, equipment, tables chairs and tents in this area, so it can definitely be worth it to find a venue instead and avoid the hassle. (Bucks County PA)
  • Chanae
    Dedicated June 2019
    Chanae ·
    • Flag
    We paid $6,500 for our venue for a guest count of 80 on a saturday. Ceremony starts at 5, recetion ends at 10:30. This includes:

*Outdoor ceremony space (with seating)
    *Indoor /outdoor cocktail hour space with passed horderves, bartender & open bar
    *separate reception area, bartender with cash bar
    *buffet style dinner
    *China, flatware, tablecloths ( of my choice), napkins
    *cake cutting
    *dressing rooms for both parties
    * reserved event parking ( venue is downtown so not worrying about parking is a plus)
    *we can access the venue between 8-5 the day before to set up any extra decorations and rehearse

I think thats it...lol
  • Emily
    Super April 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag

We're north of Boston and for our guest count our venue (hotel) is $21,000.

It includes:

Cake

1 hour open bar

A night in a suite for us

Limo

Private room & bride's room

The ceremony

The centerpieces

All the food

Tables, chairs, linens, plates, etc.

6 hours for the ballroom and the cocktail reception room.

The hotel provides a wedding coordinator

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics