We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Nette
Savvy June 2021

Bridesmaids

Nette, on March 2, 2020 at 8:01 PM Posted in Planning 1 42
Saved Save
Hey lady’s I’m getting married in June of next year! I was wondering how meany Bridesmaids y’all have and did y’all plan or planning a bridesmaids proposal something Special to ask them to be your bridesmaid

42 Comments

Latest activity by Nette, on March 5, 2020 at 2:34 PM
  • Megan
    Dedicated June 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    Got them all a make your own glitter cup, 5 bucks at five below and asked them in person. They loved it and it was affordable and something they would use again. I have four theres a couple i wish i would've never asked to begin with more bridesmaids more stress. Most of them have been great, but if you haven't talked to them in 6 months I wouldn't ask.... plus thank you gifts and all that adds up quick! But that's just my experince so far I am getting married this june !
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    I had five and I didn’t do a proposal box but I wish I did because sure is cute
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I had 4 bridesmaids. I asked them each in private over lunch/dinner/coffee, no gifts necessary.
  • Emily
    Super August 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    I asked my bridesmaids about ten months away from our wedding! I didn’t do anything special for them but am planning to pay for their hair and makeup to be done the day of for their gift 🥰
  • Emily
    Super August 2020
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    Oh and I have 6!! 3 friends and 3 sisters (1 mine, 2 in laws) ❤️
  • Ally
    Dedicated June 2021
    Ally ·
    • Flag
    I will have four! I purchased a personalized mug for my bridesmaids that matches our them and a different card for each of them. I haven’t asked them yet though (also getting married next June!). Gifts of course aren’t necessary, but if it’s in your budget, it’s a fun way to personalize your proposal for your bridesmaids! You can always ask and then get them something fun afterwards or closer to the wedding. 😊Bridesmaids 1

• Nette
    Savvy June 2021
    Nette ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Great idea thanks for that
  • Lisa
    Expert October 2021
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    I have one MOH. I asked her by giving her a personalized tote bag with a box of two cookies from Etsy that said “Will you be my Matron of Honor” and the other was a calendar with my date circled. In the tote bag I also added a few of her favorite snacks. I did the same thing for my two flower girls who happen to her daughters. Their bags were smaller though.
  • Nicole
    Dedicated June 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    I have 6 bridesmaids and I got them a little basket of goodies. Face mask, mini liquors, lotions etc!
  • Sinaya
    Devoted August 2022
    Sinaya ·
    • Flag

I have 6 ladies. I asked them all individually as soon as I decided who I wanted. I'm having a meet and greet with my ladies in a few months so everyone can get to know each other and to give them info about the wedding. I plan to also give them a gift bag or box with some personalized goodies.

• Jo
    Expert November 2020
    Jo ·
    • Flag
    Bridesmaids 2
    Bridesmaids 3

I have 5 bridesmaids (but I might only have 4 at my wedding because my best friend might be deploying) and this is how I asked them! Gifts aren’t necessary but they were super fun for me to put together, and they only cost me about $20 for 5 of them. 4 of my BMs knew they were going to be BMs before I even officially asked so I gave them their gifts at that time. I wasn’t sure if my friend in the military would be able to, so I asked her first and I will give her her gift next time I see her 😊
  • Courtney
    Savvy September 2021
    Courtney ·
    • Flag
    I just asked my three girls and getting them the “ I couldn’t say ‘I do’ without you for the day of.
  • Tisha
    Savvy August 2020
    Tisha ·
    • Flag
    I have 5 that’s all I can deal with
  • Tisha
    Savvy August 2020
    Tisha ·
    • Flag
    I have 5 and I did a brunch and made gift bags and I have all girl ushers Bridesmaids 4

• Megan
    Expert October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I have my MOH and three bridesmaid for 4 people total. I took each of them out to lunch and gave them a proposal box! I already talked to them and knew they would say yes. I didn’t get anything personalized or wedding related. I got them stuff like it was their birthday in their favorite colors, etc. I’m happy a did a box it’s like part one of their gift.
  • Maggie
    Super April 2020
    Maggie ·
    • Flag
    My Fh and I have four people each and I didn’t do a big box or anything like that- I just printed my favorite pic of me and said person and wrote out a poem- something along the lines of this:
    Thank you for being with me through it all,
    Many laughs, many tears, and with me at least one silly fall. I have said yes to the man I hold dear So a question for you I have here: Our friendship hasn’t and won’t ever fade, Will you be part of my bridal brigade?
  • Megan
    Just Said Yes January 2021
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I'll have 3. My best friend, my sister, and my neice as a junior brides maid. Didn't do anything special for them, just made sure to ask in person and I'll be paying for thier hair and dresses for the wedding.
  • Sierra
    Just Said Yes October 2020
    Sierra ·
    • Flag
    I am having 4. I got them glasses from Things Remembered with their name and Bridesmaid etched on. They can in a nice gift box, and I printed a proposal message and pasted it on the lid when you open it. They loved them!
  • Kelsie
    Devoted March 2020
    Kelsie ·
    • Flag

I have 4 bridesmaids. I didn't want a large party. I wrote them a little card that explained why I need them with me for my big day, why their friendship means so much to me and asking them to be apart of my day. I put color swatches of the wedding colors in the card and that's all I did. I got the cards at the dollar store and the swatches at sherwin williams. I didn't have a lot of money to spend on proposals.

• Shelby
    Expert November 2020
    Shelby ·
    • Flag
    I have a MOH and 2 bridesmaids. I gave them all a little gift that is unique to something they like. Bridesmaids 5
    Bridesmaids 6

Bridesmaids 7

Bridesmaids 8
    Our wedding is only going to be 60 something guests so I didn’t really need a big wedding party.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles