Mykeetah
Savvy March 2022

Bridesmaids

Mykeetah, on September 20, 2021 at 6:40 AM

Posted in Etiquette and Advice 58

Am I out of line for asking the bridesmaids to have hair/makeup and nails done? Nothing over the top... everyone messy updo bun, natural daytime makeup (airbrush for those who don't really do makeup) and nails unison... and for the reception I want to do a cute funny routine,I was told by one that...
Am I out of line for asking the bridesmaids to have hair/makeup and nails done? Nothing over the top... everyone messy updo bun, natural daytime makeup (airbrush for those who don't really do makeup) and nails unison... and for the reception I want to do a cute funny routine,I was told by one that I'm doing to much

58 Comments

• T
    Expert May 2010
    Theresa ·
    • Flag

Since no one else really seems to be commenting on it, I would be mortified if a bride forced me to do a cute, funny routine. I'm an introvert, and would not be at all comfortable doing something like that. If even one person doesn't want to, I would suggest not doing it, or at least giving them the option to sit out.

• Vicky
    VIP January 2020
    Vicky ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

If you cannot pay for it then you should not be requiring it.

• Mykeetah
    Savvy March 2022
    Mykeetah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Thank you!!! Someone who understands, and like I said only one person had an issue no one else, I actually think it goes deeper than what she is saying.
  • Mykeetah
    Savvy March 2022
    Mykeetah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    ❤❤❤❤ thank you I'm trying to not be stressed especially about this but, it just hit me deep when she said it to me, like so negative out of nowhere... anyway blessings to you as well!!!
  • Mykeetah
    Savvy March 2022
    Mykeetah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We are all getting our nails done together and there is no way in the world that I would not allow someone or force someone to paint their nails or toes that is just ridiculous. We have a calender of events and all kinds of reminders for everyone including myself but, I am not that type of bride so... I'm sorry you had to go through that, but, I would never do something like that.
  • Mykeetah
    Savvy March 2022
    Mykeetah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I am not quite sure where forced is coming from, I have never and would never force anyone to do anything that isn't who I am. No one is commenting on it probably because it wasn't taken as me forcing anything I was just asking a question. Anyway, I understand being an introvert, my brother is one, so yes, I would understand your feelings. No one in my bridal party is an introvert and the only one with the problem is definitely not an introvert. I appreciate your suggestion and will take it into consideration.

Thank you

• Mykeetah
    Savvy March 2022
    Mykeetah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I never said i couldn't pay for anything and I never said that I was not paying

• Jaisa
    Beginner February 2022
    Jaisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Of course! It seems like nobody else has had this happen! I’ve given my bridesmaids options and there is nothing wrong with wanting everyone to look nice on YOUR special day, give them options if you can’t afford it and so the expenses don’t seem too out of their league, and then keep moving forward with your plans and try to have a deeper conversation with the one bridesmaids that isn’t okay with it. Good luck with everything
  • Mykeetah
    Savvy March 2022
    Mykeetah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you so much Jaisa,

thank you for not judging me or assuming and not making me feel worse...

It is my day and I have to remember that... I am trying to figure out the words to say to her...

You are awesome, have a wonderful night

• Jaisa
    Beginner February 2022
    Jaisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    You’re very welcome Mykeetah! Good luck with everything and you as well Smiley smile
  • T
    Expert May 2010
    Theresa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I apologize. You kept mentioning it was only one who was complaining out of the bridal party. It seemed like that was the direction it was going. I'm glad to hear you wouldn't force anyone to take part! Seems like you are being more than understanding, too. I guess there always has to be one person who's a problem. Good luck with her! Smiley smile

• Mykeetah
    Savvy March 2022
    Mykeetah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you, it's family so it always makes it a little harder Smiley atonished

• Mykeetah
    Savvy March 2022
    Mykeetah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Not once have I mentioned not paying for something...

Thank you for your reply though.

Blessings

• Vicky
    VIP January 2020
    Vicky ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I was not speaking to you. See the quote that I responded to.

• Mykeetah
    Savvy March 2022
    Mykeetah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    No financial burden at all trust me,
  • Mykeetah
    Savvy March 2022
    Mykeetah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Apologies my bad, I don't know how to work this yet
  • T
    Just Said Yes November 2015
    Trisha ·
    • Flag
    I asked the same of my bridesmaids. I offered to pay for their hair/makeup as a kindness because I was the one asking for it, but no one took me up on it (which I kind of expected). Maybe if you say it’s really important to you and you offer to pay for their nails? Hopefully they will be supportive and understanding since it’s your wedding.
  • Mykeetah
    Savvy March 2022
    Mykeetah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you for responding to me kindly,

All of my girls are onboard with everything, I am really just getting resistance from one. My closest one, kind of hurt me because, I didn't expect it from her. The bridesmaids actually made it clear how important it was to me, how it is my wedding and how they signed up for everything, (they also do not expect anything from me, they want me to be happy) but, she is making me second guess myself with everything now... I don't know what it is or how to handle it, but, I am seriously second guessing even going through with it, or just scrapping it and doing something else

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics