Skip to main content
Cierra
Devoted October 2020

Bridesmaid's Dress Help!

Cierra, on November 24, 2019 at 8:11 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 5
Saved
Hello! So I am getting married October 24th, 2020.

I have my dress (fitted, 3/4 sleeves, long train) and want my bridesmaids to wear a mixture of navy and burgundy dresses, all floor length but none with sleeves longer than my dress as I will be getting them wraps to wear!
The thing is, I'm not trying to have them all get the same exact thing. I only have 4 female and 2 Male bridesmaids who are all such different body types I would hate to put them all in something that wouldn't flatter them the best.
How do I go about asking them to find dresses they like and feel comfortable with, but that also fit with my vision and colors? Do I give parameters, or just veto as they look?

5 Comments

Latest activity by Maria, on November 25, 2019 at 11:31 AM
  • L
    Super October 2020
    Leslie ·
    • Flag

Why not have the gentleman in one color (navy for example) and the ladies in burgundy? The dresses don’t have to be same-just same color palette.

• Helena
    Dedicated October 2021
    Helena ·
    • Flag
    Hello Wedding Twin! I'm also getting married 10/24/20!! I'm having my bridesmaids pick their own style on Azazie but chose the color dress and length. Other than that they can get whatever they feel comfortable with. If you're ok with mix and match research some places/sites then send them off to look and choose. If you go one color for bridesmaids you could go burgundy, navy for the men and have them wear burgundy pocket squares perhaps? Have them look and share ideas. You get final say obviously!
  • Cher Horowitz
    Master December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·
    • Flag

Giving your girls a certain color and length is a great idea!

• Benya
    Dedicated May 2021
    Benya ·
    • Flag
    May be just ask them to find something sleeveless? They'll look good with the wraps
  • Maria
    Super October 2019
    Maria ·
    • Flag

I had my girls wear all different dresses - just a similar color/length. They weren't all the perfectly same shade but I think it still looked cohesive.

I would suggest giving them at least a few parameters because it will make it easier for them to shop. If you do want them to wear mixed colors, I would ask what they prefer and "assign" everyone a color.

Bridesmaid's Dress Help! 1

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics