Sarah
Dedicated October 2021

Bridesmaids color – help me choose!

Sarah, on January 9, 2020 at 12:22 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 8
Saved

Hi! The color scheme for our wedding is dusty blue and sage green (inspo), and I can't decide whether I want my bridesmaids in green or blue dresses! The men will be in blue suits, so my instinct is to put the women in green to contrast. But I also really love the idea of the women wearing blue and carrying lots of greenery! Soooo I'm torn. Help me choose!

8 Comments

Latest activity by Caitlyn, on January 20, 2020 at 2:45 PM
  • Gen
    Champion June 2019
    Gen ·
    • Flag

What shade of blue are the suits? I'm assuming navy blue? If so, I think dusty blue bridesmaid dresses and bouquets with lots of greenery sounds lovely. But if the suits are a lighter blue, I'd go with green dresses so it isn't too much of the same shade of blue.

• Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag

I prefer for the wedding party to coordinate, so I would put them in blue.

• Megan
    Super October 2020
    Megan ·
    • Flag
    I think dusty blue dresses with blue suits look really good.
  • Kelsey
    VIP September 2020
    Kelsey ·
    • Flag

I agree with PP. I think dusty blue with blue suits would look awesome.

• Ashley
    Expert October 2021
    Ashley ·
    • Flag

What about men in the blue suits with a green tie that would match the bridesmaids. and the girls could have a variety of green in the bouquets with white or hints of blue even. Loving the blue/green idea! I almost went with that too

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    I think blue would be better
  • Sarah
    Dedicated October 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks for the advice, everyone! For reference, these are the dresses I'm looking at, and the groomsmen's suits:

dusty blueBridesmaids color – help me choose! 1sage greenBridesmaids color – help me choose! 2

groomsmenBridesmaids color – help me choose! 3

• Caitlyn
    Savvy October 2020
    Caitlyn ·
    • Flag

Color twins!! Ours is heavy on greenery too but with ivory & copper accents.

I think as long as the men are in a darker shade of blue - then you're fine. That's what we intend to do. I'm thinking FH will be in navy, groomsmen in a lighter shade, bridesmaids in dusty blue, me in white. The offset of the light blue of the dresses against the darker suits will look sooooo good! See attached for suit colors Smiley smile Also, then you get the continuity of everyone matching without being super matchy.

Suit ideaBridesmaids color – help me choose! 4Suit colorsBridesmaids color – help me choose! 5

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics