We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Amber
Dedicated June 2020

Bridesmaid tumblers

Amber, on July 19, 2019 at 8:52 AM Posted in Do It Yourself 1 20
Saved Save
This is a long shot BUT has anyone bought tumblers from dollar tree and can tell me how it turned out!?

20 Comments

Latest activity by Clíodhna, on August 23, 2019 at 12:06 PM
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    I’ve used dollar tree tumblers for other projects and the quality kind of stinks. You can get cheap ones from Walmart or Five Below and they hold up much better.
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    Yea I've used it for other things and as PP said the quality isn't so good. However lately I've seen them have stemless wine glasses for bachelorette parties and those look pretty good.
  • Melissa
    VIP September 2019
    Melissa ·
    • Flag
    Depends on what kind of tumbler you are looking for. The plastic ones there seem decent, but the stainless steel ones at mine are tiny and have black rubber on the rim and bottom. I’m doing glitter tumblers for my girl and am looking to buy them from Stainless Depot. They are under $7 each. Just google, it will be the first thing.
  • Karina
    Dedicated June 2020
    Karina ·
    • Flag
    I didn’t use dollar tree, but I found some really nice stainless steel ones on Amazon. You can get it in a 4 or 6 pack. I got them in rose gold and personalized each girls name with vinyl from Etsy!
  • Lorri
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Lorri ·
    • Flag
    I bought those 98 cent bottles from Walmart and made my bridesmaids some water bottles with my cricut and loved the results!

Bridesmaid tumblers 1
  • Amber
    Dedicated June 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    From Walmart!? I’ve been looking there and haven’t seen those and they’re cute! I’ll look some more
  • Amber
    Dedicated June 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Found them! You’re amazing!!
  • Lorri
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Lorri ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    So glad you found them! Happy to help 😁
  • Amber
    Devoted September 2019
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    How did you do the lettering?-l wonderful idea!
  • Lorri
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Lorri ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have a cricut (a cutting machine) so I'm able to decorate them with vinyl. If you don't know anyone with one, you could maybe cut out vinyl yourself or decorate with puffy paint.
  • Saydee
    Super August 2019
    Saydee ·
    • Flag
    I got the 98 cent ones from Walmart and bought the decals custom of Etsy for a few dollars. Less than $4 for each bottle total
  • Amber
    Dedicated June 2020
    Amber ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    How do you feel about the bottles quality?
  • Bridget
    VIP August 2019
    Bridget ·
    • Flag

I was there today and they have the cutest little bridal party stemless champagne glasses! I would pass on the tumblers though.

• Annemarie
    Devoted October 2019
    Annemarie ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I just ordered some like this for my girls for my bach trip! Someone else made them for me because I don't have a cricut. but they turned out great and the quality actually is impressive for what it cost! These are an additional item, not my main gift. I'd go with something nicer/sturdier if it was my main spend on my girls.

• Saydee
    Super August 2019
    Saydee ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    They are good is you're hosting giving this as extra and it's more about sentiment. I did get my kids one each for school but they aren't something you probably will hold on to long. I tend to use the stainless steel ones that keep liquids cold
  • Jillian
    Dedicated August 2019
    Jillian ·
    • Flag

We have done soooo much DIY when it came to the extras! I posted pictures below! We made hangover bags, Hats, and glitter wine glasses which came out to MAYBE 15 per person! We got the hats from 5 Below for $5, We got the Bags and such from the dollar store and we got the Wine glasses from Walmart $3!!
    I also made tumblers for the wedding party cause we are getting married in Aug and I dont want anyone passing out cause of dehydration! Smiley smile I got a pack of 4 on Amazon for $20 and used the Cricut to customize!!
    Bridesmaid tumblersBridesmaid tumblers 2

Bachelorette Patry FavorsBridesmaid tumblers 3

Bachelorette Party FavorsBridesmaid tumblers 4

Hats!Bridesmaid tumblers 5

My HatBridesmaid tumblers 6

• Rachel
    Dedicated September 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag

I did Dollar Tree tumblers for my mom and fmil. I used my cricut to make the decals. I don't expect them to last forever since they were only $1 but they will be great for the day of and however long they last after that. For my bridesmaids I got stainless steel water bottles from Walmart for $5 each and did the decals myself. The water bottles will definitely hold up a lot longer than the tumblers.Bridesmaid tumblers 7

WaterbottlesBridesmaid tumblers 8

• Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

These are amazing Lorri! I can't believe you did them yourself! They look so professional!

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey Amber! Did you get water bottles for your DIY yet? Where did you get them from?

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

They turned out great! They look so professional Smiley laugh

What else are you DIYing for your wedding? You're definitely creative!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics