Skip to main content
Shanika
Savvy April 2021

Bridesmaid Proposal Boxes

Shanika, on January 30, 2020 at 10:07 PM

Posted in Planning 33

Hey,Brides/Soon-To-Bes,Did You Do Or Do You Feel The Need To Do Proposal Boxes For Your Bridesmaids && MOH ..??? I’m Thinking About It But I Feel It’s An Unnecessary Expense ..!!! I’ve Already Asked My Bridesmaids (My Nieces && BF) && MOH To Honor Me For The Day &&...
Hey,Brides/Soon-To-Bes,Did You Do Or Do You Feel The Need To Do Proposal Boxes For Your Bridesmaids && MOH ..??? I’m Thinking About It But I Feel It’s An Unnecessary Expense ..!!! I’ve Already Asked My Bridesmaids (My Nieces && BF) && MOH To Honor Me For The Day && Everyone Has Agreed ..!!! What Did You Do/Are You Going To Do ..???

33 Comments

• Katharine
    Expert July 2021
    Katharine ·
    • Flag

Nah, I just asked them if they wanted to be MOH/BMs. My friends and I are not that formal kind of a group. Smiley smile I am planning to give them each some small gifts at the bachelorette party though.

• Kailie
    Beginner May 2020
    Kailie ·
    • Flag

I did beauty boxes! Got all of my bridesmaids face masks, bath bombs, bath salts, and a jewelry dish (or mug for my MOHs). Got boxes off amazon, other stuff at hobby lobby and target. Personalized them with photos of us since I have known each of them. Not too expensive! Made it special though!

• Allyson
    Just Said Yes November 2022
    Allyson ·
    • Flag
    I thought about doing proposal boxes but I’ve decided that I’m just going to make boxes for the day of the wedding with the robe jewelry and little what nots.
  • Shanika
    Savvy April 2021
    Shanika ·
    • Flag
    Thanks For All Of The Input ..!!! 😊
  • Elizabeth
    Savvy September 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag
    It’s obviously up to you and your budget. If you want to do something special, you don’t have to make it expensive. I did a proposal box for my girls (6). I got blank cards and hand wrote my message to them- i also found a couple candles, pens, and wine stickers on Amazon that weren’t expensive at all.
  • Aida
    Devoted May 2021
    Aida ·
    • Flag

I didn't do it with my BMs or MOH since we all have an unwritten rule to be each other's BMs and I only have one sister so MOH was kinda obvious. But I did have an idea about "proposing" to my girls with ring pops. LOL. Never got around to actually dong that so that idea's out the window LOL

• Angelica
    Devoted August 2021
    Angelica ·
    • Flag
    You definitely don’t need to do full blown boxes! But in my opinion, your bridesmaids are going to be spending a substantial amount of money to be your bridesmaids, so I think at least one small gift would be sufficient enough to say thank you. Perhaps a cute ring/necklace from Etsy! Or small makeup bags! So many great, inexpensive ideas on Etsy! (But that’s just my opinion! Do what feels good for you!)
  • Lindsey
    Beginner October 2021
    Lindsey ·
    • Flag
    I haven’t asked mine yet but I have I’m having a maid and matron no bridesmaids. I plan on spoiling both if them with their boxes. I got them chocolate, robes, wine, mini shooters, bubble bath, flasks, nail files, wedding planners, and a ton of other items. Definitely don’t recommend doing this if you have a lot of people in the bridal party
  • Hcook
    Dedicated May 2021
    Hcook ·
    • Flag
    I have 4. Still have to ask my 4th person my soon to be sister in law. Got her a bottle of vodka. Ask my Matron of Honor over text and my soon to be cousin in law over text as well. But will officially ask them with a bottle of liquor. And my daughter is a given. My youngest daughter is my flower girl.
  • Caitlin
    Beginner October 2020
    Caitlin ·
    • Flag
    My 3 sisters are going to be my bridesmaids and I put together boxes for them. I love being creative so it was fun for me. (And I got to play with glitter 😊) It was so sweet, they were surprised and cried, it was super special to me.Bridesmaid Proposal Boxes 1

• Abby
    Dedicated October 2020
    Abby ·
    • Flag
    I have five bridesmaids, I got them each a cute little stemless champagne flute off Etsy personalized with their name on it, and put it in a gift bag with a mini champagne bottle and a card that said “will you be my bridesmaid?”. They all loved them and are planning to bring them the day of the wedding for mimosas while we get ready. The glasses weren’t super pricey, maybe like $8 each? Doing something is nice but definitely not necessary if you don’t feel like you need them, and it doesn’t have to be crazy extravagant!
  • Ally
    Dedicated June 2021
    Ally ·
    • Flag
    I have ordered a mug like this (we’re having a mountain wedding) for my MOH and plan to for my bridesmaids. I still haven’t chosen them 100% so I’m waiting to order. And I also bought a cute card from Etsy for her. I wanted to do a little something for them but not break the bank. I’m also going to buy them all robes for the day of when we’re getting ready, but that will be closer to the wedding. It’s personal preference, but I love bridesmaid proposals! I think they’re fun! Even a small card with a fun saying and a personal note from you would be special. 😊 Bridesmaid Proposal Boxes 2

• Angelique
    Beginner December 2021
    Angelique ·
    • Flag

I do not think they a necessary, but it is a fun thing to do if you have the time and its in your budget. I did proposal boxes for my bridesmaids and they loved them. Most of my bridesmaids said that their favorite part of the box was the framed picture and the card I wrote them so you could just do that. You can find picture inexpensive frames at Walmart. The one in the picture was on clearance at TJ Maxx. The candle in the box I had bought previously and the mug I found on clearance at Pier 1. The lotion was the only thing I paid full price for.

Bridesmaid Proposal Boxes 3

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.
WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics