Skip to main content
N
Beginner August 2017

Bride Meltdowns?

Norma , on August 2, 2017 at 7:57 PM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 32
Saved

I cried for 2 hours today as I thought about the reality that I have 10 days before the wedding. I keep feeling like I'm missing something even though I plan every day of my life. I had a meltdown today and cried about how much money we've spend and just overall the stress of it. I think I scared my fiance a little bit. Has anyone had meltdowns? How did your fiance react?

32 Comments

Latest activity by PH03N1X, on August 2, 2017 at 11:27 PM
  • N
    Master December 2016
    Nancy ·
    • Flag

It's stress. Have a hot fudge sundae. This will fix everything.

• Maria
    Devoted August 2017
    Maria ·
    • Flag

I've cried over such trivial things it's crazy. Like finding a hairstylist, etc. Lol. Can't wait to not feel on edge all the time

• N
    Beginner August 2017
    Norma ·
    • Flag

Becca- I did plan and stick to a budget. I paid all vendors the rest of the money today and it just felt overwhelming. I knew the money would be gone but it still hurts a little I worked hard to save up. However, that's not what I asked in this post

• N
    Beginner August 2017
    Norma ·
    • Flag

Maria - yes thank you I feel on edge too lol.

• Danielle
    Expert August 2018
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

Just relax and breath

• Whitney
    Dedicated October 2017
    Whitney ·
    • Flag

Everytime someone says it's less than two months away my heart skips a beat!

Don't feel bad just try to rest and relax! Remember all of this is so you can have the day of your dreams!

But I do, totally understand! Scared my fiancé a little bit too! But he just knows I'm a bit stressed and is being VERY accommodating Smiley smile Smiley smile (That's why I'm marrying him lol)

And as far as the money goes I just read an article that said a more accurate way to budget for your wedding is to add in a 25% (of your budget) 'buffer fund' because you've never (and hopefully never will again) planned a wedding and so it's hard to judge exactly how much things cost!

That article was written because a lot of people go slightly over budget! You can start seriously saving now that you know what your capable of saving!! Smiley smile

• Hans and Lindsay
    Dedicated October 2017
    Hans and Lindsay ·
    • Flag

I've definitely been there! Sometimes it just hits you and it's just a lot of stress all at once, keep moving forward girl :-). (and tune out the negativity like you've been doing :-))

• A
    Savvy May 2018
    alyssa ·
    • Flag

I just had to switch me wedding venues from BERMUDA to NEW HAMPSHIRE for family situations. After 2 months of strict planning, 6 months of engagement, I AM STRESSED BY THE DETAILS. I have 10 months and now have to start from scratch with planning, booking, and all the details. That timeline stresses me out beyond belief. I cannot imagine all the details that need to be smoothed out in 10 days and will probably be in your same position.

Also, weddings are RIDICULOUSLY expensive and I have been aware of this my entire life! I was absolutely shocked of how much money affordable was! I have this inner battle of "I want the beautiful wedding of my dreams since its only going to happen once" and "HOLY CRAP, _____ is HOW MUCH" I understand that EVEN IF you have a budget, the money is still extremely stressful with weddings.

My fiance is my rock when it comes to this stuff. Sometimes he is freaked out by what I am stressing about because to him it is so insignificant, other times he tries to make me laugh (which will either frustrate me that he doesnt care or take the edge off). I have had only one full blown breakdown with sobbing and stress. Others are just frazzled with stress.

• MrsMitch
    Master August 2017
    MrsMitch ·
    • Flag

Hi date twin! I haven't cried or had a meltdown (yet). I'm actually oddly calm for the moment. But I completely understand. The "big" wedding was actually something FH wanted and I agreed to it to make him happy. But, oh my god, talk about pure anxiety when we paid the venue off this week. A lot of money for one night.

• Patricia
    Super September 2017
    Patricia ·
    • Flag

I had a meltdown a couple of weeks ago, but it wasn't all wedding related. Although, the part of my meltdown was because I bought and had my dress altered and hated it. No matter what I did I hated it! Cried to my fiance and he reassured me everything will be fine and told me to get a new dress. So I took a couple of days off of work to calm down and get my senses in order and bought a new dress.

• Monica
    Dedicated August 2017
    Monica ·
    • Flag

Right there with you. I've been exceptionally bummed the last 2 weeks and it has been really hard to snap out of it. I will be much happier when it is all done and I am not under so much pressure. 3 days to go!

• Sagan
    Super July 2017
    Sagan ·
    • Flag

I had a total meltdown when I found out DH had seen his wedding gift. Like sobbed for over an hour.

• Leeann
    Super August 2017
    Leeann ·
    • Flag

I've had a few but I have wedding planning on top of back to back drug launches and the amount of work on top of wedding details had been too much. The money is overwhelming too, even with planning and saving. Breathe, hang in there and the gym is great for working off stress. Remember how much you love FH and at the end of the day what matters is that you're marrying your best friend.

• KatieMBY
    VIP January 2018
    KatieMBY ·
    • Flag

I had a bridal meltdown when I went to the hair salon almost a month ago and they cut about 3 inches off my hair, which already takes forever to grow! Definitely cried.

• MDEasternShoreBride
    VIP October 2017
    MDEasternShoreBride ·
    • Flag

I'm good. No meltdowns here.

Except that time at Mens Wearhouse. Oh and earlier today by the elevator. Never mind.

• Leila
    Super October 2017
    Leila ·
    • Flag

It's ok to cry to let out feelings. Just accept your feeling acknowledge them and keep it moving!!!

• MsMac
    Expert September 2017
    MsMac ·
    • Flag

Oh there have been meltdowns for sure. I freaked out about FH still not getting an appointment to have his clothing made. FMIL wanted to take him and she majorly dropped the ball on that shit. There was a lot of yelling and crying over this one.

• Megan
    Devoted November 2018
    Megan ·
    • Flag

I haven't cried yet but... My wedding is more than a year out. I'm having anxiety and a severe lack of sleep because it's all I think about. I think about the next thing I need to plan, what I need to buy with each paycheck. I'm trying to spend $200 (or less) a month on things that aren't vendor related or big ticket items. Plus we're long distance... in two different countries.

FH and I will both be glad when all this is over. He wants his normal girl back, as I'm apparently a maniac right now.

• RaeGin
    Master September 2017
    RaeGin ·
    • Flag

I've cried twice in the last month. Nothing serious, just the wedding stress, plus there's been a lot going on outside of that (work, family, friends). I'm looking forward to being married, but I'll definitely feel relieved when this is over.

• Chantel
    Devoted July 2017
    Chantel ·
    • Flag

I had a few meltdowns. Thankfully they were tearless (normally my meltdowns include tears). I was personally getting overwhelmed and about 2 weeks before the wedding working on a whole bunch of little things. Finally my fiance decided to jump in to help which included asking 150 questions and changing things. I completely flipped as when I plan I do a ton of research and make a decision. He's can be indecisive and with limited time all I saw was red. Trust me when I say just breath and prioritize. Things that are super important to you do them and things you won't miss leave them for last. If you don't get to it it'll be OK. People don't notice the things you forgot to do.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

ReCaptcha Verification failed. Please try again.

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics