J
Dedicated November 2017

Blusher veil

Jessica, on March 30, 2017 at 4:54 PM

Posted in Wedding Attire 28

What do you guys think about blusher veils?? I love them but dont know if is too old fashioned. Does it stays like that during the ceremony or when do you put it back?

What do you guys think about blusher veils?? I love them but dont know if is too old fashioned. Does it stays like that during the ceremony or when do you put it back?

28 Comments

• roman_holiday
    Devoted September 2017
    roman_holiday ·
    • Flag

I love them! I want a drop veil (so one piece instead of 2) but the only problem is that it might crush my hairstyle ... so I'm still deciding.

• Kia9
    Super August 2017
    Kia9 ·
    • Flag

I am uncoordinated and the last thing I need is skewed vision...

• Jo
    WeddingWire Administrator May 2015
    Jo ·
    • Flag

The veil is what made me feel most bridal so I totally went the whole 9 yards and wore a veil with a blusher, I kept the blusher down until the kiss at the end of the ceremony. I know it's old fashioned but I really liked it. I don't think there is any right or wrong for this, it's whatever makes you most happy.

• MrsSki
    Master April 2017
    MrsSki ·
    • Flag

They're classic! My veil is a one piece angel cut so it can be worn as a blusher or as a 2 layer veil. I'll wear the blusher for the walk down the aisle with my dad, then my mom will step out to help him flip it (and make sure it looks nice) before I walk up the altar steps to meet FH. Mine is sheer so there's no issue seeing through it or taking photos, but we're having communion so I can't have it down for the ceremony

• S
    Beginner April 2017
    Shannon ·
    • Flag

Its actually a very lovely tradition between a father and daughter. Shes being hidden for her modesty and when they arrive at the alter the bride gives permission to lift the veil and reveal her beauty.

• B
    Savvy September 2017
    bridalbabe1234 ·
    • Flag

Hi Jessica! I just bought my dress and veils yesterday Smiley smile I got a fingertip veil and the blusher veil. I haven't decided if I'm going to wear the blusher veil over my face or just back for the ceremony. It was only $30 and it adds great dimension to the fingertip veil should I choose to wear it back the whole time. The father of the bride is supposed to put it back at the beginning of the ceremony.

• Amber
    VIP July 2017
    Amber ·
    • Flag

I have one and can't wait to wear it! FH will lift it when I get up there

• Danielle
    VIP December 2017
    Danielle ·
    • Flag

I think they're classic. I haven't yet decided on my veil, but I'd be open to wearing one.

As for blushers' squicky origins, understood; though in a similar vein I wonder how many brides with bouquets these days have stank-ass B.O.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics