Jenna
Dedicated September 2020

Black and White color scheme

Jenna, on February 20, 2020 at 2:45 PM Posted in Style and Décor 0 16
Saved Save
I am obsessed with black, white and greenery. I think it’s very classy and timeless. But FH thinks it’s too bland Smiley sad
Black and White color scheme 1
Black and White color scheme 2

16 Comments

• Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    • Flag
    I don’t think it’s bland at all it’s very elegant
  • Chantal
    Expert May 2020
    Chantal Online ·
    • Flag

It is very classy! Has your FH suggested an alternative? It's good to sit down and talk about why you like certain things. It's possible he might change his mind, or you two can find a good compromise.

• Rachael
    Expert September 2020
    Rachael ·
    • Flag

I like it, but maybe add in one more color here and there if thats what he wants?

• Jenna
    Dedicated September 2020
    Jenna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    He mentioned navy.. but I’m just not a fan :/ I think it’s difficult to coordinate with navy. I don’t like pink or burgundy hues and that’s what a lot of people put with navy
  • Chantal
    Expert May 2020
    Chantal Online ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hmmm I see your point. You could go for green and white and navy? Navy is a cousin of black and can have that contrast that you're going for with your black and white:

navy-blue-and-green-wedding-color-ideas.Black and White color scheme 3

• Krista
    Just Said Yes May 2020
    Krista ·
    • Flag

I love it, it's very elegant and classy! You could add your favorite metallic tone (gold, silver, or rose gold) to give it a bit more sparkle if if you wanted!

• Lisa
    Expert October 2020
    Lisa ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I second this comment! Great idea if you like a metallic!

• MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    • Flag

I think it's very elegant! You can always accent with gold or silver too if needed.

• Nicole
    Super August 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

I loveee it, it's very elegant and clean looking.

• Natalia
    Dedicated August 2020
    Natalia ·
    • Flag
    That is soooo beautiful. I love it. But I would definitely try to work with what your fiancé wants as well. Maybe have one more accent color or something that will make it less bland to him?
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag
    It’s elegant and classy!
  • Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag

I personally think this color scheme is super modern and elegant! Have you showed him some inspo photos?

• Taylor
    VIP October 2020
    Taylor ·
    • Flag

I love black and white personally! So classic. 10 years from now you won't be saying "why the heck did I put my bridesmaids in ____ color?" like I've heard a lot of women say that chose the color that was "in" when they got married. lol I liked blue suits though so I decided on taupe bridesmaid dresses. With the very neutral decor and greenery. If you're set on black dresses you could see if you could find suits like this for the guys and still put the girls in black? I like your original vision thoughSmiley smile

Black and White color scheme 4

• Elle
    Beginner June 2020
    Elle ·
    • Flag
    I love it, I think it’s timeless. My color theme is white, gold, and greenery.
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    • Flag

You can also add a shape to bring in some fun: stripes, polka dots, geometric, etc. Or you could focus on a texture like satin, or feathers. We had a black/white with polka dots for our swanky 60's reception:

Black and White color scheme 5

• Jasmine Edwards
    Dedicated April 2021
    Jasmine Edwards ·
    • Flag
    I went to a winter wedding with black & white as their color scheme, and it looked great. They had white roses as their florals. The bridesmaids wore black dresses with a bit of white on them, and the groomsmen wore white sneakers. They even gave black & white cookies as favors. Smiley smile

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics