Jhnea
Just Said Yes February 2020

Best wedding spanx?!

Jhnea, on January 16, 2019 at 10:17 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 6
Saved
Looking for advice on what people used to suck their gut in for the night! Looking for a good one that helps keep it all in while I eat and party all night!- wearing a strapless long dress!

Thanks!

6 Comments

Latest activity by Amull, on January 16, 2019 at 5:53 PM
  • Victoria
    Super May 2019
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    I got mine from CYSM. They’re so comfy and got here super quick.
  • Maren
    Champion October 2021
    Maren ·
    • Flag

Hi Jhnea! Welcome to WeddingWire and congrats on your engagement!

I would try your local bridal boutique or department store! As there are many good options out there with different styles.

Is your dress form-fitted throughout the skirt or more a-line & loose in the silhouette? As this might help to decide if you want shapewear that covers down to your legs, too!

I know David's Bridal has a variety you can look at as well as department stores like Nordstroms (or whatever big department store is regional to your area.)

• ThatGirl
    Super January 2019
    ThatGirl ·
    • Flag
    I tried several different types of shapeware including spanx. I didn’t love how most spanx are shorts - all I really wanted was tummy control. I found some flexees on amazon that are actual lace panties with a compression band around the tummy. They only cost like $12 and I love them!
  • Rachel
    Super July 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    I bought a thong by Spanx that covers my stomach! I couldn’t have it go too high because the back of my dress has mesh that goes pretty low.
  • earias
    Champion December 2017
    earias ·
    • Flag

I recommend wearing the style of spanx that has an opening in the crotch so you can pee easily. Otherwise, you will have a hard time getting those things off and on with your dress.

• A
    Savvy June 2019
    Amull ·
    • Flag

I bought the Ragu "Long Leg" shapewear off Amazon. It seemed like a reasonably priced option with a crotch opening. I've never worn shapewear before, but wanted something that was seamless through the hips. The Ragu fit the bill- no lines and some extra support!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics