Gwendolyn
Devoted July 2021

Best tattoo cover up (that won't rub off)

Gwendolyn, on May 19, 2021 at 11:35 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 7
Saved

So what I'm finding is a lot of older posts and sales-y links. When I bought my dress and had it fitted, I didn't have a large side tattoo - one COVID postponement later and now I have a tattoo that peeks through the lace and sheer. This wouldn't bother me, if SOs mother wasn't culturally against tattoos (and this isn't how I want her to see mine). Smiley smile

Best tattoo cover-up product that won't just rub off? Since there is lace there, I have some leeway with patches and/or make-up.

Best tattoo cover up (that won't rub off) 1

7 Comments

Latest activity by Gwendolyn, on July 1, 2021 at 7:44 PM
  • JA
    Devoted March 2022
    JA ·
    • Flag
    I used to work as a princess, and the girls who had visible tattoos would use derma blend. It covers really well, as long as you colour correct and have a good setting powder!
  • Gwendolyn
    Devoted July 2021
    Gwendolyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Did they just use Dermablend setting powder with it (or is there a better one)?

• Cool
    Super July 2020
    Cool ·
    • Flag
    Since it’s so small and under lace I’d use nude tape. I think makeup would rub off.
  • Gwendolyn
    Devoted July 2021
    Gwendolyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I'll have to do some poking around - the tape I have is way too dark and is pretty obvious.

• JA
    Devoted March 2022
    JA ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We used Ben Nye setting powder and setting spray (its the gold standard of the princess world lmao) But I think the powder is less critical than the foundation/concealer/whatever. I've used a ton of different brands for powders and not noticed too much of a difference on any of them

• E
    Just Said Yes December 2021
    Emily ·
    • Flag
    Did you ever figure out how you’re going to hide it? I have the exact same problem and don’t know what to do :/
  • Gwendolyn
    Devoted July 2021
    Gwendolyn ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Not yet, I bought more nude tape online which looked light but when I got it, it is way darker. I'm very pale.

This weekend I'm going to try foundation and a clear bandage over it- I can update you on how that goes!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics