Ester
Dedicated April 2022

Best priced tux rentals!

Ester, on June 10, 2019 at 11:12 AM Posted in Wedding Attire 0 11
Saved

Hello! May 2020 bride here. Getting ready to have my bridesmaids order their dresses and totally forgot about the groomsmens' attire. What is the best place/website to rent tux/suits from? I am not trying to have the groomsmen pay almost 200$ for a tux they will only wear for a few hours. Thank you in advance to all the recommendations! Smiley smile)) Happy wedding planning!

11 Comments

Latest activity by Stephanie, on July 13, 2019 at 8:52 PM
  • Kelly
    Champion October 2018
    Kelly ·
    • Flag
    We paid $160 from the black tux. But I’ve never seen anything cheaper than that.
  • Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag

I am also a May 2020 bride. I've just recently been pricing men's attire, and I think Kelly is right. I haven't found anything cheaper than that, and most everything I'm finding is more, like around $190.

So if you find something cheaper, come back and let us know!!

• MOB So Cal
    January 2019
    MOB So Cal ·
    • Flag

Daughter and SIL were very happy with Black Tux. SIL has been a GM in weddings from Men's Warehouse and found BT a million times better and MUCH less expensive! Also, they saved their guys $ by buying their white dress shirts during the Kohl's Father's Day sales (happening this week...). The shirts were on sale for $10, and with various coupons daughter ended up buying them for about $6 a piece and gave them to the guys along with their ties. As a result, the GM only had to rent their pants & jacket from BT, which brought the guys' cost down to just over $100. They all looked wonderful for the wedding!

• Victoria
    Super May 2019
    Victoria ·
    • Flag
    I would recommend looking at local mom & pop shops! We rented ours from one in our area and paid $78 for groom/groomsmen and $50 for dads!
  • Sara
    Super October 2019
    Sara ·
    • Flag

We have groomsmen all across the country, so a big-name store seemed like the easiest option for us. I looked into Black Tux briefly, but I think we're going to end up having the guys buy suits from Jos A Banks - rentals ended up getting priced at at least $200, and if you catch a good sale you can buy a suit for $200 - $250, or get a custom one for $300.

• Nemo
    Master August 2018
    Nemo ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We used Jos. A Banks (purchased suits) and had a great experience. They'll work with you on price. H got $220 for our wedding, but his friend got them down to $199 for his. The tailoring was $50. H's mom bought everyone shirts during the 3/$99 sale and we bought all the ties and socks (we did silly socks).

• Lauren
    VIP September 2019
    Lauren ·
    • Flag

We are doing Men's Wearhouse. The original price is around $199 for rentals but if you sign up for their emails and register your wedding date you will receive deals and coupons.

With 6 rentals you get "grooms" tux/suit for free.

We also decided that they can wear their own shoes and socks (men always complain about the rental shoes) which saves $10. And if you don't need the vest I think that saves $20.

We just split it all evenly so each guy only spent around $100.

• Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag

Hi Ester! Did you decide where to rent the groomsmen suit/tuxes from? Have you found somewhere within the budget?

• Ester
    Dedicated April 2022
    Ester ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    I have not yet. My fiance just ordered his tux for his brothers wedding happening in October and it was around 190$ from Black Tux
  • Clíodhna
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2030
    Clíodhna ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Will the groomsmen at your wedding be wearing black tuxes also?

• S
    Dedicated October 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    I'd try blktux. My FH wore a suit for his daughter's wedding. It was very convenient. And easy. His suit was a little tight so they sent out another jacket next day. No hassle. Highly recommend them.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics