Misty
Super October 2019

Best Day!!!! 2 weeks to go!

Misty, on September 20, 2019 at 7:44 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 20
Saved Save
So it's crazy how things come together even when you're so deep down in chaos that it seems like all you can do is hang on.

And people say we are only given what we can handle... and lord we have been handling a ton.

Car e-break went out while car was parked on a hill. Rolled into a range rover and back end totalled. In the shop for a month.

Found out I had to have surgery and the recovery was 6 full weeks (no sex and less working out).

Found out my dog of almost 8 years has stage 3 lymphoma and is dying... but still scrappy and trying to give us her best while planning the wedding.

My best friend found out she was pregnant within very bad circumstances. And she is one of my closest friends needing a ton of support right now.

Our officiant backed out because he was angry that we are having a kid free wedding.

My FMIL got super controlling with the rehearsal dinner. And it was chaos.

The wedding costs are almost double what we had hoped.

Interviewed for the biggest job of my career. So scary and overwhelming and awesome. But just had to carry the anxiousness about waiting to hear the outcome.

We have argued over silly ness.

But.... we stayed the course.
Went to couples counseling.
Got the car fixed.
Found out that I have a cancer free bill of health, post surgery.
Got the pup on CBD and steroids to buy her more healthy days and time.
Resolved the issue with the rehearsal dinner.
A different amazing friend stepped up to offer to marry us!

And today while we were driving to get our marriage license I got the call that I landed my dream job!!!!!!

We have a ton to be grateful for. Although the wedding is costly and we are paying for it ourselves... I'm grateful that we had the money in the bank and could pay for it all, remain debt free, and pay off another 1/3 of my student loan. We may not be super stacked in the bank now but we don't have anything left to pay for the wedding.

We may have argued and gotten stressed but we pulled together and worked on us and pushed through to be stronger.

I'm on top of the world! I am so ready to marry this man and take huge next steps in our lives together!

I guess I wish I would have read a post like this when I was in the middle if the stress and chaos. I think it would have made me calm down a little hahaha.

20 Comments

• Cher Horowitz
    Rockstar December 2019
    Cher Horowitz ·

You've had so much thrown at you! I would have broken down by now. Way to go for staying strong and not letting it get you down!

• Misty
    Super October 2019
    Misty ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Life is like that sometimes... all at once or none at all.

I'm looking forward to long naps and couch chill time in our near future! Lol
  • Kelsey
    Dedicated October 2019
    Kelsey ·
    Seriously needed to hear this, thanks for sharing!
  • Cyndy
    Master May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    Wow that’s a lot at one time. I’m glad to hear everything has worked out and you and your FH have stayed strong throughout all of this.
  • Kelly
    Super October 2019
    Kelly ·
    Congrats on landing your dream job - that is awesome. Big huge hugs for your pup!

That’s awesome that you & ur FH were able to stay on course. I really do think that planning a wedding on top of ur daily lives/struggles can make ur relationship so much stronger. Your wedding is going to be amazing!
  • Misty
    Super October 2019
    Misty ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yes maam. I was so bogged down and feeling so overwhelmed. I can commiserate. Hope things are wonderful for you girl!
  • Misty
    Super October 2019
    Misty ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Struggle bus to getting through it to whahoooooo.... lol really put into perspective how your FH has got to be your best friend.... that's what makes it work no matter how sideways things get.
  • Misty
    Super October 2019
    Misty ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Preach girl! Lol life doesn't stop when you start planning a wedding... instead it's like "Juggle!"
  • L
    Savvy October 2019
    Lindsay ·
    Sounds like a lot!! But sounds like you guys handled everything as a team which is great! I feel like my life since wedding planning has started has been so chaotic so this post just gives me hope that everything will start coming together here soon with just 16 days left!
  • Misty
    Super October 2019
    Misty ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Girl we are on that same timing. And yes I sure hope they do. It just goes to prove that life keeps coming at ya no matter what your "plans" are... I hope your day is the best ever!
  • L
    Savvy October 2019
    Lindsay ·
    View Quoted Comment
    That's so true! Thank you! I hope you have the best day ever!
  • Pirate & 60s Bride
    Champion March 2017
    Pirate & 60s Bride ·
    Big hugs to you, Misty! You are dealing with a LOT (and congrats for a cancer-free bill of health). Hope you’ve had a good cry or two, and hoping for a smooth-sailing countdown.

We went through some stress too. In the middle of planning/paying, I was laid off. Landed a job a few months later at 1/3 the pay. We went WAY over budget (by $10K+). One of my meltdowns was my hubby really wanted TWO bands at our local reception... then told me we needed a $600 audio technician + $1K of rentals (staging, lighting, etc). After $1K+ of tests, it was discovered that one of our cats had several bladder infections due to our wedding stress (poor thing!). We exhausted ourselves by entertaining out-of-country guests the week before our wedding, hubby got sick (pulled through like a champ on our wedding day, crash most of mini-moon), had a big “are-you-sure-you-want-to-get-married” fight two days before our wedding.

Our wedding was amazing!! It was a DW 8 hours away. Once on the road, the entire trip was magical. Thrilled with all our vendors, venue, had a chance to breathe while getting makeup/hair done. Amazing seeing our vision come to life. Heart-warming to say our vows & celebrate with friends. ❤️

Breathe, get a massage if you can, breathe/pray/meditate or take walks with your fiancé. Then enjoy!!!!
  • Misty
    Super October 2019
    Misty ·
    View Quoted Comment
    💜💗🧡💗💜
  • Misty
    Super October 2019
    Misty ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Wowzers! How intense a lead up. It really did hit me that life isn't trying to break me down it's just going on as usual... whether or not there is a wedding to plan. But the relief in this moment is glorious!!!!!
  • Christina
    Savvy December 2019
    Christina ·
    I’m so sorry to hear all that you’ve been going through but it looks like everything is working out!!! Your wedding will be here in no time! So excited for you! We have the same dress!!! It’s refreshing to hear that I’m not the only one going pre wedding stress/issues. In the end it all works out!!!!
  • Jamie
    Dedicated October 2019
    Jamie ·

Girl, your posts are so inspiring! It really seems like you try to always find the positive side of things. Congrats on the job and being cancer free! Best wishes for a fabulous wedding day and marriage!!

• Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle Online ·
    This is such a positive post. YOU GO GIRL!!
  • Misty
    Super October 2019
    Misty ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Dress twins!!!! Love it! We all go through lows... without them the highs aren't as high! It's refreshing to remember others struggle too. Agreeeeeeeed in the end it all works out!
  • Misty
    Super October 2019
    Misty ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks girl that is so thoughtful! It can get more difficult to find the positive as things get more chaotic... but we all get to band together and remind each other to find the good. Thank you so much for the sweet post
  • Misty
    Super October 2019
    Misty ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Girl!!!! 🤜🤛

Comment on this discussion