J
Just Said Yes June 2019

Bad wedding pictures from Destination wedding. how to fix?!

Jenny, on August 23, 2019 at 12:20 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 4
Saved
Hi everyone. I received my wedding pictures about two months ago. when I first got them I cried for a week straight. our wedding video was amazing, but the pictures were terrible. I asked the photographer to edit them and he didn't do it well at all! now I have to pick the pictures I want for the album I already paid for, and I can't because they suck! bad angles, missing family members just everything makes me so depressed. I was thinking of hiring someone to edit them so I can get a book printed myself. does anyone have experience with this? please let me know. your advice would be greatly appreciated.

- a depressed newly wed

4 Comments

Latest activity by Sinéad, on August 28, 2019 at 7:48 AM
  • Cyndy
    Rockstar May 2019
    Cyndy ·
    • Flag
    I had a similar experience. My pictures were not at all what I hoped for but I was able to get a few that I liked. If you can get the raw photos from your photographer you can have someone edit them.
  • Kiley
    Expert November 2019
    Kiley ·
    • Flag

I would read the contract with your photographer. Typically it states in the contract that you are not to alter the photos in any way and that if you want an edit done, you are to request them to do it. I would hate for any legal implications to occur because you had someone alter/edit them. If your contract states this, I would recommend pulling your favorites and telling your photographer what edits you'd like to see made.

• S
    Dedicated October 2019
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    Most photographers copyright their work. My bestfriend's husband is a photographer and I asked if he would do some fun edits when we get ours back and he said ok only if they aren't copyrighted. Thankfully ours won't be so he can do what he likes.
  • Sinéad
    WeddingWire Administrator January 2025
    Sinéad ·
    • Flag

Hey Jenny! I’m so sorry that you are not happy with your photographs.

I would definitely reread your contract to be sure of what was agreed upon and then ask your photographer to provide you with the unedited photographs. If you are not happy with how he has edited them, getting the raw images might help you get more of what you want.

I would mention to your photographer that you are not completely satisfied with the finished product to see if they can offer another solution.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics