Hi ladies! Our wedding is supposed to be for August 21st in CA but with the virus going around idk if we should postpone? or just go with it? As of right now all we have paid are deposits but we are supposed to start making monthly payments that we will not get back if we cancel. What do you ladies...
Hi ladies! Our wedding is supposed to be for August 21st in CA but with the virus going around idk if we should postpone? or just go with it? As of right now all we have paid are deposits but we are supposed to start making monthly payments that we will not get back if we cancel. What do you ladies think? What are all the summer brides doing? Postponing? Canceling? Eloping? It’s hard to plan when you have no clue what’s going on and want to keep your family and friends safe.
We’re also 8/21. We cut our guest list to 75, 50% of venue capacity. We also have a solid plan B. It’s really tough. I always pictured the big wedding but it just doesn’t feel right to us. The other thing we’re doing is asking every vendor what happens in case of every covid scenario we can think of. What if state regs change? What if we get covid? What if you get covid? So on. We’re also reading contracts carefully and making sure that those answers are reflected in them. Honestly, a lot of our vendors already have covid clauses. We’re also trying to get some of the in person stuff out of the way now before the winter spike really hits. We’re just trying to hold on to hope like everyone else here.
I was totally having the same problem and with had just lost my dad November 7th due to covid I was going to completely cancel it all together and not go through with it but we decided we're going as normal August 21st 2021 in honor of him covid or no covid
View Quoted Comment
I’m so sorry for your loss. This is one of my biggest fears. Both my parents are being super cautious and hardly going anywhere but I’m still terrified. They are across the country so I miss them terribly. I replied months ago to this post but my newest update is that we had postponed from August 2020 to June 2021 (snd then to a different day in June 2021 after our venue went bankrupt,) but about 1.5 or 2 weeks ago we postponed again to June 2022 since vaccine rollout is taking so long in the states the majority of our guests live, and 90% of our guest list have to fly to our state.