I need some reassurance everything is going to be okay! Who’s still planning for the wedding of their dreams ! I need to know I’m not alone walking into such a big unknown !! My fiancé thinks everything will be fine and I was hopeful too but then today my mom started in on the “ maybe y’all need to consider rescheduling “ and “ you might just not have the wedding of your dreams” which is extremely heart breaking to hear from your mom who is supposed to have your back and make you feel better. I know it’s bratty but you only get married once (hopefully) and we want it our way!!
We are in the same boat. My parents are very supportive of us trying to have it this year but my fiancé’s parents are absolutely insisting that we postpone. It’s hard. We decided to make up our minds come June or when we would send out invites to make our decision. I hope we will be allowed to still have it this year!!
We were scheduled for 4/4, and everything is already paid off. While we could postpone again and we did elope on our day, I think I'm most upset because what I wanted more than anything is the pictures! And to also say vows in front of our parents. We decided to go ahead with 8/15 if the venue will allow us, and if not we'll move everything to my husband's best friend's backyard and use what vendors we can. We don't want to drag out the engagement stage anymore - we wanted to be married and settled and moving on. My husband's cousin, who is a nurse on the front lines and teaching everyone about the virus, told us a small wedding of 50 will probably be feasible by August. If not, like I said, we're going to cut as much as possible and just focus on our families being there. I don't want all the trimmings like a bachelorette party or a bridal shower. I just want to be married. So you need to decide what's important to you and what you don't want to compromise on.
Trust me, it sucks. We postponed and our elopement was super small with no real pictures and us cutting a small cake post losing our furchild like a week before. But we feel good about August with a small wedding! If you want the full experience though, you may want to start considering a plan b date.
We are August 8th and still planning strong ❤️What state are you in?
I think it's okay to be realistic that it may not be perfect based on circumstances right now. I also think it's equally great to hope for the best and that everything goes well.
My main concern for my rescheduled wedding on 9/5 is that the guest count may be lower than expected and out of town guests which includes many of my closest won't be comfortable to come. With that, I am still going to have the wedding of my dreams albeit a bit different than I imagined I think
I’m on 8/15/2020 - my fiancé and I own a house in mass but are getting married in NH. We are planning within the next 2-3 weeks if we are calling it off, eloping on the day and having a party next summer with an open date. We just can’t justify having a mediocre / half a** (sorry didn’t want to swear on here) wedding with everything we are paying and have planned. We wish to remain hopeful , however after taking to my coordinator Wednesday and how big our wedding is suppose to be (230-250), it does not seem manageable and we CAN NOT imagine cutting it to 50-100 to meet guidelines. Ugh! Thinking of all of you in the same boat!! Following this and all of you !
We are 8/22 in Ohio and planning as normal. Everything is paid for mostly and planned. Even invites are paid for. We are riding it out until the last possible minute. If we have to, we will cut back the guest list or cancel the reception. We are getting married on 8/22 regardless.
Our’s is October 3rd and we planned a very intimate wedding from the start. Our venue seems very optimistic about it. I’m very hopeful that we will be in a better state and be able to have small gatherings by then 😊🤞
Just postponed my wedding to June 2021 . It was originally planned for June 20th, then we pushed it out to August 22nd hoping that would be enough time. We live in Boston but are getting married in RI, and unfortunately the RI governor announced that it would be unlikely to have events with more than 50 people in the summer. So disappointing, but we really want the big wedding we planned and have been waiting for. Guess we will have to wait a bit longer
Be positive!!! This won’t last forever. Keep planning, at least then if a date change is needed you will already know exactly what you want. A date change is easier then starting from scratch. Always remember it’s not the where or when, it’s the two of you. Don’t let anyone persuade you, got with your hearts and what you two want. It’s not anyone else’s day!
View Quoted Comment
Hi Kim I’m from Boston as well, I’ve been waiting to hear what the governor had to say about weddings/amount of people. So bummed. My wedding is in CT but I’m assuming it will be the same for surrounding states. I’m in the same boat as ya! We will all have our special day! Hang in there.
View Quoted Comment
We decided the same thing, to decide what to do come June! At this time, in GA, the majority of anything wedding related is closed so we’re just doing what we can!
We are August 8th. I am 80% sure the wedding won't happen as planned. Just being realistic. I do have a glimmer of hope once in awhile. My fiancé is more optimistic. It's important to start thinking of backup plans in my opinion. We are still planning as per usual but also working on backup options.
I think your mom is just being realistic. She probably has a lot of family/friends asking her about the wedding. That's what's happening with us.... a lot of people are afraid to ask me because they know it's devastating for us... so turns out they have been asking my mom for updates haha.
My wedding is scheduled for July 11 and we are moving forward with the thought that the ban will be lifted. It is nerve racking but since we are getting married at a private residence, that helps as the venue won't be cancelled. We are providing masks for our guests. At this point keeping my fingers crossed. With a wedding in August I would think that you should be okay.
We postponed from this Saturday, May 9th to August 14th. Though I’ve paused on the planning for now, we have decided to proceed with it as long as we can have at least 50 people. It would not be ideal, as we originally had 250 on the list, but it is just not feasible to postpone another year as we are both 37 and have plans to start our family right away. Worst case scenario we’ll do another, much more casual party next summer to celebrate with everyone. My venue is in Wisconsin and is currently more positive than I am. They are hoping weddings of 50 could begin sometime in June and by August it will be more. The waiting game continues...