Kortnie
Dedicated August 2020

August 2020 Brides!

Kortnie, on April 14, 2020 at 8:20 PM Posted in Community Conversations 0 7
Saved

Hey August brides, how are things going for you? Have you made any changes to your date yet?!

I am August 7th and we are still planning as normal but have a second day written in with all of our vendors mutually as a Plan B for December of 2020 if August is not better.

7 Comments

Latest activity by Jaidah, on April 24, 2020 at 9:15 PM
  • Sarah
    Beginner September 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag
    Ours is September 5th. Not only do I love the date but to make it more real 250 wedding favors with our date that I ordered over a month ago just arrived. All we can do is wait and have a back up. Today I asked my venue what they are offering for postponing weddings and will probably snag a December date is they'll let me. Otherwise my plan is push it till next year as much as I don't want to do that.
  • Monica
    Devoted August 2021
    Monica ·
    • Flag
    Hey date twin! We are still planning for August 7th with lots of finger crossing! I think we will wait until May to reach out to vendors about a plan b date and until June when invites would go out to make the final decision. I'm just hoping this is over by then!
  • Jessica
    Savvy August 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    I was a May 8th bride, changed to August 9th. I’m pretty confident we’ll be in a better situation by then, I’ve already sent out date postponed cards. If things aren’t more normal by August, we’re getting married anyway but simply thinking good thoughts. Positive vibes.
  • Hallie
    Dedicated August 2020
    Hallie ·
    • Flag

We are due to get married August 14th, 2020 and we have been planning as usual. I haven't heard from any of my vendors about moving the wedding date. We will just wait and see what happens if anything we would elope on our original wedding date and move the wedding to an available date next year.

• Sarah
    Savvy August 2021
    Sarah ·
    • Flag

My wedding is scheduled for August 15th and we're crossing our fingers that we'll be able to move forward with our original date! Similar to you, we have worked with our vendors to come up with a Plan B and have a soft hold on an August 2021 date if we're unable to move forward with our August 2020 date. We are waiting until mid-May to make the decision and planning as normal for our 8/15/20 date in the meantime. Definitely not an ideal way to plan a wedding, but trying to stay hopeful!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Kortnie! It sounds like most August brides are waiting a few more weeks and monitoring the situation. By the end of May / early June it should hopefully be much clearer what August will look like! I also think it's really smart to start thinking about Plan B like other brides are doing!

I've seen most August brides talking about their plans and concerns in this discussion: i need you, August 2020 Brides!

• Jaidah
    Just Said Yes August 2020
    Jaidah ·
    • Flag
    Mine was organically April 26th. This coming Sunday. Now it’s August 2nd. If it has to be canceled again I think we’re gunna just do something small and intimate on the beach (even though my dress is ballgown style)... with whatever bridesmaids and groomsmen wanna show up.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics