We're here to help you keep moving forward, no matter what your plans are.

Kayla
Just Said Yes August 2020

April 18th wedding Virus stressing me out.

Kayla, on March 13, 2020 at 7:58 AM Posted in Planning 0 6
Saved Save
Reply
With everything going on I don鈥檛 know if we should postpone. I worry most about the photographer, dj, officiant canceling at this point. Our final count is due in like 2 weeks with a little less then half of our rsvps still not returned. I鈥檓 at a stand still 馃槶馃槶

6 Comments

  • Tori
    Dedicated October 2021
    Tori
    • Flag

    I know with all the cancellations and bans of large gatherings across the country, it's hard not to panic. I work in the wedding industry and I'm panicking just a little! Haha But, since your wedding is still a good 5 weeks away, I wouldn't worry too much just yet. Things may be so different by then. Also, if you're worried about your vendors, definitely reach out to them! I know that all of them most likely do not want to cancel and will do everything they can to be at your wedding.

    • Reply
  • A
    Expert May 2020
    Alex
    • Flag

    I am choosing to move forward no matter what. If my dj cancels, we will use an iphone and playlist. If that photographer cancels, we will have a friend or family member take pictures. If the officiant cancels, we will get a friend ordained. The only thing that is stopping this wedding is a state or federal mandate or my venue cancelling. I recognize many guest may choose not to come and I completely understand that.

    If the whole thing gets cancelled, I plan on still marring my FH on that day and then figuring out how to celebrate once this is over.

    • Reply
  • Virginia
    Expert August 2020
    Virginia
    • Flag

    We will make the best of it!! My wedding is 04/09 and I am panicked too but it is what it is at this point and I am not rescheduling. We will make the most of what we've got and the story will live on for centuries!!

    • Reply
  • Melle
    Legend June 2019
    Melle
    • Flag
    Have you asked them what would happen if they cancel due to the Virus ?
    • Reply
  • Margaret
    Expert October 2020
    Margaret
    • Flag

    The best thing to do is reach out to your vendors and see what they say. what are their plans. If they're not worried, you shouldn't be either.

    • Reply
  • Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy
    • Flag

    I would just reach out to your vendors, and tell them you just want to touch base, and confirm that they are all still going to be there for your wedding. Better to know now if they are thinking of cancelling than to find out the week before. Then at least you have a little time to go to Plan B.

    • Reply

Comment on this discussion

×

Related articles