Katrina
Beginner May 2020

Any brides postpone a year out?

Katrina, on March 25, 2020 at 10:07 PM Posted in Planning 1 13
Saved

Just curious how many of you are postponing a year out?

Im considering it since the dates left at my venue are just so limited... thoughts?

13 Comments

Latest activity by Natalie, on March 30, 2020 at 10:35 PM
  • Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    If we are forced to reschedule, we plan to schedule to the same date one year out (since the date is meaningful to us)
  • Katrina
    Beginner May 2020
    Katrina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

When's your wedding? Yeah ours was too. Bummer

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Ours isn’t until November, so I’m hoping all this craziness will be past us by then. But now we’re hearing it could be a year, or it could slow then then spike again in the Fall, so who knows. Still just can’t believe this is all happening.
  • Katrina
    Beginner May 2020
    Katrina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Yeah ours was in May, postponed till July and I'm thinking it's not enough time

• Chrysta
    Master November 2022
    Chrysta ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Are you able to postpone again if needed?
  • Cristy
    Master May 2021
    Cristy ·
    • Flag
    Yeah that's what we're doing. We don't want to change venues or our other vendors. So postponing until next year was really our only option for getting everything we want.
  • Katrina
    Beginner May 2020
    Katrina ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

I don't think they'd let me postpone twice for free. We have a soft hold on the 17th. But they did say they'd charge us the next years new rates so god knows how expensive that will be

• Stephanie
    Dedicated April 2021
    Stephanie ·
    • Flag
    We postponed a year out. Our venue was booked the rest of the weekends for the year except the first 3 of December and we just didn't want a December wedding.
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag
    If I have to postpone my June 13,2020 wedding at the same venue I’m certain 2021 will be my only soonest option. Especially now with weddings already being postponed and things book up fast just on a normal basis.
  • A
    Dedicated April 2021
    Allyson ·
    • Flag

I postponed my 5/9/20 wedding to 4/10/21. Our first thought was the fall but none of my vendors were available and they are truly a dream team. We didn't want to do the holidays or early 2021 because Philadelphia weather is risky, so we chose a date with good weather, that would match our colors and where all my vendors were free.

• JAMG
    Just Said Yes October 2021
    JAMG ·
    • Flag

We were asked two days ago that we needed to postpone our June 19th wedding. The venue is postponing all of their weddings in May and June. Our venue is a garden in CA and only hosts weddings from May-Nov and we couldn't find a date that worked with our venue, photographer, and videographer were all free in 2020. We had to scramble for dates for the 20ish other weddings being postponed and our wedding date ended up being in May 2021. We were able to transfer the money we had already paid but were charged the 2021 venue site fee. We have friends that were supposed to get married in early September and their venue had them postpone also. Feeling for all the brides who also had to postpone

• Sandy
    Dedicated December 2021
    Sandy ·
    • Flag
    We were hoping to find a date in 2020 but they only had 3 dates and it wasn’t going to work. We loved the idea of a May wedding still so moved it out a year. Sadly our original ceremony site had no dates next May available so I had to rethink that portion. Everyone else was good to reschedule.
  • Natalie
    Devoted July 2021
    Natalie ·
    • Flag

Hi there, so sorry you are going through this too, you're not alone! I've just posted a lengthy message regarding this issue. I think it would really help you to read it.

https://www.weddingwire.com/wedding-forums/june-couples-postponing-due-to-covid-19-encouragement/e2e6a03e5635af33.html

All the best,

Natalie

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics