Skip to main content

Post content has been hidden

To unblock this content, please click here

Paula
Super September 2019

Am i the only one?

Paula, on September 24, 2019 at 10:07 PM Posted in Planning 0 26
Let me preface this by saying that yes I am happy to be married but I am dreading the "after wedding blues" I've been in wedding planning mode for the last 10 months and have no idea what I'm going to do with all the free time on my hands.

26 Comments

Latest activity by Kristal, on September 26, 2019 at 9:13 AM
  • M
    Legend June 2019
    Melle ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Totally feel ya on this one aha. I think that's why a lot of brides after the wedding planning, will find a new project to focus on
  • Aleaj
    Expert October 2019
    Aleaj ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Lol yes defiantly, i have gotten used to it for the last yr, afterwards i think I’ll be bored! Lol
  • Caytlyn
    Legend November 2019
    Caytlyn ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    We will have planned for 22 months once the wedding is over and I’m already bummed about it!
  • Jocelyn
    Devoted December 2019
    Jocelyn ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm really hoping i don't get the after wedding blues. I'm actually excited to be able to save our money lol. Maybe try planning a trip during the year or close to your one year anniversary so you have something to look forward to. My wedding planning has had tons of stress so I'm looking forward to the honeymoon and a relaxing year after.

• J
    Master 0000
    Judith ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Nesting. It is great. And do things spontaneously, it is a kick after you have budgeted your time and every penny for a long time. Plan a cookout, or a dinner party with cards or games or music and dancing to follow, at home. Practice new recipes. Meet new people. Don't answer the phone or texts for a day or two or three, tell the world to go away. And have a day or weekend for 2 at home, just the two of you. We had a grand time as newlyweds.
    No depression needed or wanted. Do things .
  • R
    Devoted November 2019
    Rachel ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I'll be almost 7 months pregnant at my wedding so fortunately I can have something else to plan to go with it.
  • Kaylee
    Dedicated August 2020
    Kaylee ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I will definitely not know what to do once our wedding is over! I’m really on top of things as of right now but I got engaged in December and have until next August to get everything finished! It’s a long time of planning and I will not know what to do with the free time.
  • Jackie
    Dedicated October 2020
    Jackie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm dreading the same thing! haha. Be prepared to come up with other hobbies or activities that you would be interested in, so then you can channel your energy towards that. Or you can start planning a little trip or party for your one year anniversary Smiley smile

• Rebecca
    Master August 2019
    Rebecca ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I've been married a month and keep wondering why I feel like I'm forgetting something.
    Still things to do, but the driving pressure is mostly gone, and it's very strange.
    So, naturally, we keep forgetting we have deadlines for things like insurance! Have to get back on the ball.

• A
    VIP December 2020
    Amanda ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm for sure not looking forward to the post wedding blues but I am looking forward to saving massive amounts of money again for our household. We usually take 2-3 cruises a year also which has been on hold with wedding funding so I'm looking forward to getting back to our cruise vacation life too.

• H
    Super September 2019
    H ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    We planned continuously for 7weeks since deciding to elope. Now that's it's over and we're married, i find I don't have anymore prepping or researching to do which feels odd 😂
  • Andrea
    Master January 2021
    Andrea ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

For me, I don' think I'm going to miss it. I may still come on wedding wire after getting married, but I don't think I'll feel as sad. But I'm saying that now. Who knows for sure...

• J
    Devoted November 2020
    Jessica ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Aww congratulations!

• Tina
    Super August 2019
    Tina ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Awe.. live life now!! Enjoy your me time and make dates with your honey. I'm Soooo glad its over!!! Shew
  • Meghan
    Super September 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I was definitely dreading the "after wedding blues." I haven't been so much depressed now that the wedding's over so much as...lost? As you mentioned I don't know what to do with my free time or what to look forward to now. I guess next big thing is planning our real honeymoon (only took a mini-moon right after wedding). But that's not as time consuming as wedding planning. We're not looking for a house right away and we're not planning on having kids. We do want to get a dog though.

• Jordan
    Expert September 2019
    Jordan ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content

I'm actually looking forward to the wedding being over. Planning has totally taken over my life and I want to get back to focusing on my career and taking care of myself. I also will be so happy to have disposable income again!!

• Stefanie
    Devoted April 2020
    Stefanie ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I understand where you are coming from. Maybe focus on your marriage and how to make it amazing after the wedding.
  • Kate
    Devoted November 2019
    Kate ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    I'm excited for the wedding (38 days!), but I'm excited to be done planning! I have always been really active volunteering, and had to slowly give all that up once we got engaged. I'm tired of feeling so focused on myself. Smiley xd FH and I are planning to get more involved in our church once we get married, and I'd like to see friends in the area a little more than we do right now.
  • A
    Savvy November 2019
    Aubree ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    Oh man! I am stoked to be done wedding planning! We've been engaged a little over a year now, and we've got 44 days till the wedding and I'm so excited to get married and I know that the day it going to be perfect but I'm over planning! Idk what yall have planned but we are taking our honeymoon next summer because my man is a teacher,but i am super excited to start project honeymoon, followed by project get out of debt and finish my degree before starting a family and the continued keep the spark alive dates project! I think the trick is to give yourself new and exciting marriage based projects that are equally a project to your hubby cause I know that the details of the wedding he could probably care less about but dates and honeymoon stuff are his thing!
  • Michaela
    Super May 2020
    Michaela ·
    • Flag
    • Hide content
    View Quoted Comment

Yes, I'm with you on "Project: Get out of debt" It will be glorious!! Congrats on 44 days. Can't wait for your bam Smiley laugh

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics