A
Beginner June 2021

Affordable Hair/make Up Artist

Alex, on December 7, 2020 at 9:48 PM Posted in California Planning 0 4
Saved

Hi All. We're planning out wedding for June 2021 and I'm pretty shocked at how much hair and make up costs for southern California. For both plus a trial it's easily $600! Comparing the websites/Instagrams, I'm really not feeling like it's worth the price. Does anyone have an affordable recommendation they have found?

4 Comments

Latest activity by Clair, on March 18, 2021 at 5:14 PM
  • Nicole
    Master September 2020
    Nicole ·
    • Flag
    Where in CA are you? My hair stylist (who also does makeup) is great and doesn’t cost that much, but she’s in Orange County. If that’s near you, her name is Vanessa Arias and her Instagram is @bibbidy_bobbidy_beauty
  • A
    Beginner June 2021
    Alex ·
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

We'll be getting married in OC! Thanks so much, checking her out now!

• Lynnie
    WeddingWire Administrator October 2016
    Lynnie ·
    • Flag

Hi Alex! Does that cost include on-site service for the wedding day? I'm trying to figure out if you've received high quotes on service, or if there's a minimum spend you're encountering when trying to book hair & makeup services!

Here's a recent community discussion where other brides have shared their individual pricing: Average cost of hair in makeup in the suburbs?

And here's a helpful guide that shares local averages and breaks down the factors that go into wedding pricing: Wedding Hair and Makeup Cost Guide (Orange County, CA)

• C
    Beginner November 2021
    Clair ·
    • Flag

Another great option is beauty schools! I get my hair cut at Career Academy of Beauty in Orange County and I know they have makeup and manicure services too. I would recommend going to the school and getting a full face, then getting the students business card and hiring them for your event!

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics