Brittney
Dedicated September 2019

Advice for the Big Day

Brittney , on September 17, 2019 at 6:55 PM Posted in Planning 2 19
Saved Save
I had a few people in a previous post ask about more advice during the wedding planning process.. so here it goes.
-don’t stress you’ll
make yourself sick
-hire a day or coordinator if it’s in your budget
-splurge on photography/videography if it’s in your budget. After the day is gone this will be memories that will last years to come.
-remember to eat at your reception or ask your caterer to fix you and your fh food to go if allowed.
-things that go wrong will likely only be noticed by you and will make funny stories in the future
-if you have a form fitting dress make a plan for how you will use the bathroom
-you don’t have to fall into the pressure of tradition DO THINGS YOUR WAY
-remember that your bridesmaids are there to support you not serve you
-take pics of the days leading up to your wedding.. getting your mani/pedi done.. the mess in your living room.. they’ll mean so much later when you can look back on them.
-do a first look. I didn’t and it was the only thing I regretted
Last but not least enjoy your day.. it truly goes by soooooooo fast! Remind yourself multiple times to stop everything physically and mentally and take a look around at the day you planned for and the people you’re sharing it with. Everything will be so worth it. Happy planning!

19 Comments

• L. Madhak
    Expert October 2020
    L. Madhak ·
    Thanks so much for this! I tend to stress about things and still have a year away, so I have to remind myself to relax and enjoy the process. I also never thought about the mani/pedi pics and such.
  • Brittney
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittney ·
    View Quoted Comment
    It’s so easy to stress. Understandably, because things can get overwhelming! Just know that everything will fall into place. I took pics throughout my whole wedding process. Now that my wedding is over I’m so glad I did because I enjoy looking back on them.
  • Michelle
    Devoted March 2020
    Michelle ·
    This is all really good advice!!! Thanks!!
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·

Great advice! The only thing I disagree with is the first look. We didn't do one, and I'm so happy we didn't. The moment I walked down the aisle was amazing. I wish we hired two photographers instead of one, but only for a few pictures so not a huge deal. We still got 1,200 pictures and love them all.

• Brittney
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittney ·
    View Quoted Comment
    I looooved the moment I walked down the aisle too! I would do that over and over again...our timing during cocktail hr for all the pics that I wanted just wasn’t enough 😩I haven’t gotten my pics back yet but I hope We have good shots because we were so rushed😓
  • MrsD
    Legend July 2019
    MrsD ·
    View Quoted Comment

You sound just like me hahahahaha! I was so panicked we didn't get enough. I stressed up until we got the pictures back and even cried a few times in fear (dramatic, I know). We got them back & we were both SO happy with them. Prior to getting them back, we made an album on Facebook & made it so guests & family could add all their pictures they took on their phones too. Those were awesome!

• Brittney
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittney ·
    View Quoted Comment
    What a great idea!!! Definitely doing this!❤️
  • Melle
    Rockstar June 2019
    Melle ·
    Good advice !
  • Stephanie
    Dedicated November 2019
    Stephanie ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks for the great advice! So do you regret not doing a first look or do you regret not having more time for pictures? I hope that question doesn't come off as rude, but I am thinking about time management for my wedding. My FH is adamant about not having a first look and I also want the first time he sees me to be when I'm walking down the aisle. However, I also want lots of time for pictures! Our wedding is close to sunset so daylight photos will be rushed after the ceremony. My plan is to do most pictures of the bridal party and family before the ceremony to account for this.
  • Rebecca
    Savvy September 2020
    Rebecca ·
    View Quoted Comment
    My wedding is also a year away and I woke up in a panic about Hotel Rooms and Invitatations today. Breathe I tell myself. Everything will be ready in time
  • Sara
    Dedicated September 2019
    Sara ·
    View Quoted Comment

This is a great idea! I am going to have to do this - that way I don't have to go back and find all of the pictures I was tagged in.

• Brittney
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittney ·
    View Quoted Comment
    You don’t come off rude at all. My planner suggested a first look due to our timeline. We had a 5 o’clock ceremony. I was on the fence about doing it but my husband was persistent about wanting to see me down the aisle first. So we decided against the first look. Mind you, it was a beautiful, raw and real moment that I will never forget. We were supposed to take photos before the ceremony as well.. we had a few hiccups that caused us to run behind schedule. (Which my planner warned me about) The only pics I got before hand were “getting ready photos” whereas we were supposed to knock out bridal party/family pics as well.. In order to stay on time for the ceremony those got skipped until cocktail hour. So we had soooo many pics to take during that time when I really wanted to use the bulk of that time to take photos of my husband and I together. They were very rushed. We had to sneak out during dinner to capture this sunset photo. I felt so bad about leaving our guests even if it was for a short period of time. I feel like I should have listened to my planner for the sake of the photos that I knew I wanted. Yet, at the same time I don’t regret him seeing me down the aisle for the first time bc it was magical. We don’t have our pics back yet but I hope they come out great!

Advice for the Big Day  1
  • Brittney
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittney ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Yesss breathe! It’s so easy to get overwhelmed but try to enjoy it! As funny as it sounds you’ll miss all the planning when it’s all over lol
  • P
    Dedicated April 2020
    Paris ·
    View Quoted Comment
    This is what I would like to know as well. FH does not want to do a first look at all and I am worried about balancing the time.
  • Brittney
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittney ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Hey Paris! Check the comment above
  • P
    Dedicated April 2020
    Paris ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Thanks Brittney! Now I have to show this to my FH so he can see exactly why a first look is a must lol
  • Madeline
    Dedicated October 2019
    Madeline ·
    Getting married in 15 days!! Thank you for the advice😊
  • Brittney
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittney ·
    View Quoted Comment
    Very welcome! I hope your day is amazing!
  • Brittney
    Dedicated September 2019
    Brittney ·
    View Quoted Comment
    If pics are important to you I highly recommend lol

Comment on this discussion