CourtneyBrittain
Master August 2019

Addresses

CourtneyBrittain, on May 15, 2019 at 1:18 PM Posted in Etiquette and Advice 0 22
Saved
How did you round up the addresses of all of your guests? Can I just text/facebook message them to get the address?

22 Comments

Latest activity by Judith, on May 19, 2019 at 11:34 PM
  • FutureMrsKC
    Master January 2019
    FutureMrsKC ·
    • Flag

My mom gave me some, MIL got us some, we asked all of our friends over text, and we asked family either in person, over text, or facebook messenger. Can't see everyone in person and this is a pretty informal process. Gather them however you can and make sure you keep up with people throughout the next few months on where they live! We have to change a total of 20 addresses before we sent invites because people had moved!

• V
    Champion July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    We got the addresses for my fiance's family from his mother. For my family, I got addresses from my mom and grandmother. For our friends, we just texted them.
  • Shannon
    Dedicated June 2022
    Shannon ·
    • Flag
    That’s what I’m doing for most of them. I got a few from my sister but I’m mostly asking for them.
  • Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    My FMIL has a binder from when FBIL got married last year.
    My mom has a lot of the family addresses.
    I have a minted address collection thing. I posted a link on FB and made it only visible to those I needed the address from. If I didnt hear from them, I shot them messages directly.

I have a couple "maybe I'll invite" addresses that I was able to look up via property tax records on our local county website.

Disclaimer: I'm a slightly professional creeper.
  • EmAbrams
    Devoted August 2019
    EmAbrams ·
    • Flag

We reached out to family, sent texts and make phone calls. It took a little big of leg work but no big deal

• Mandi
    Master October 2020
    Mandi ·
    • Flag
    That being said, Facebook group messages asking for addresses are terrible. Please avoid this like the plague and message everyone individually.
  • Future Mrs. K
    VIP June 2019
    Future Mrs. K ·
    • Flag

Our moms got them all for us and we just knew or asked our friends.

• Mandy
    VIP May 2019
    Mandy ·
    • Flag

I got some from my parents. Other than that - I reached out through Facebook for the most part. I just asked for their address.. some gave me addresses they had of others I'd be inviting (like cousins, aunts, etc). My sister gave me her guest list from when she'd gotten married years ago, but several have moved since then so just make sure they are current if you get information like that.

• Hannah
    Master July 2019
    Hannah ·
    • Flag
    I texted friends and some relatives. My mom and FMIL got family and their friends. I have an excel spreadsheet where I had all the names and then input addresses as I got them. I am also using this list to track RSVP responses now that they're coming in.
  • B11
    Super May 2019
    B11 ·
    • Flag

We used our parents' christmas card address lists and FH's sister's list from when she got married a few years ago. Besides that, we just texted who we were missing.

• Nicole
    Super October 2021
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

We will use the mom's on both sides to gather as much as they can. Then we will reach out either via text or facebook for the rest.

• Kate
    Devoted November 2019
    Kate ·
    • Flag
    For me, it was a combination of White Pages, texting / messaging friends, phone calls with FMIL, and phone calls with my mom. We were made aware of some people who might be moving in the next few months, so I know we will have to hunt them down again before invites go out Smiley xd
  • J
    Master October 2019
    Jolie ·
    • Flag

My mom had all my family and his mom had his family's. I just texted groups of friends then that knew each other well/had been to each other's houses before to keep things easy and not have anyone weirded out about putting their address in a group chat. Less work/less texts haha

• Jess
    Super September 2019
    Jess ·
    • Flag

Text or FB is exactly what I did to get any addresses I didn't already have.

• Nicole
    Devoted November 2019
    Nicole ·
    • Flag

We were lucky enough to have a lot of family and friends addresses on hand from our Christmas Card list. For those who weren't already on it we reached out individually via text or facebook, or got addresses from my FMIL for her family.

I had a friend who did Postable or a google form, and created a Facebook group with everyone she hoped to invite. She posted the link to her form and asked people to fill out their address. It seemed to work pretty well!

• Furture Mrs. G
    Expert September 2019
    Furture Mrs. G ·
    • Flag

I literally had to hustle for all of the address's I got. & that is exactly how I did it. Text/facebook.

• Meghan
    Master October 2019
    Meghan ·
    • Flag

I asked my mom and FMIL for family member's addresses I did not have. I sent text messages to most and a Facebook message to a couple of people. Both are completely appropriate.

• Heather
    Expert April 2020
    Heather ·
    • Flag

I just texted or messaged those I knew. Had some addresses given to me from my parents. FH's family - I asked his mom for a guest list and then a month later asked her for the addresses, so I'm not sure what all she did to get those.

• Courtney
    Master December 2019
    Courtney ·
    • Flag

I plugged in what we had from old invites and Christmas cards. From there we delegated family addresses to our parents. Friends and co-workers we took care of ourselves.

Not gonna lie, I did go a little stalker-isn and had to look up a friend's address on Google because she gave me the wrong zip code hahaha.

• L
    Expert June 2019
    Lori ·
    • Flag
    We called, texted, and FB messenger 'd for all the addresses we didn't have

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics