Amanda
Just Said Yes March 2020

a Place to Get Ready!!

Amanda, on January 14, 2020 at 12:07 AM Posted in Planning 0 13
Saved Save
So my venue is not an option for us to get ready at as I only have it for so many hours so I’m struggling on trying to find a place to do so! I’ve contacted a few Airbnb host but just thought I would ask for other recommendations

13 Comments

• Kristen
    VIP October 2020
    Kristen ·
    • Flag
    Hotels. Some have lovely rooms and areas for before pics. That's what I plan to do.
  • Andrea
    VIP April 2020
    Andrea ·
    • Flag

I agree with Kristen. Hotels are a good alternative but like you've mentioned, Airbnb's are a very nice, affordable option as some hosts have beautiful properties that are great for things like this.

• V
    Master July 2019
    Veronica ·
    • Flag
    Hotels would be another option or if you or a family member lives in the area you could get ready at their house.
  • Dayna
    Devoted March 2021
    Dayna ·
    • Flag

Have you already booked your hair and makeup artist? Some salons offer bridal services in their salon and may even have a separate room where you can relax and get ready. The downside to that is you likely could not leave anything there. Hotels and AirBnbs, or someone's house, are also good options.

• Sherry
    Rockstar September 2019
    Sherry ·
    • Flag

We did an Airbnb close by so maybe try some hotels or VRBO.

• Maria
    Super October 2019
    Maria ·
    • Flag

We did an AirBnB and it worked perfectly! I stayed there the night before as well as the wedding night. We did a first look before the ceremony so it was a great place for our bridal party to hang and have lunch while we were taking bride & groom portraits. I would definitely let your host know ahead of time what you are using it for since it will be likely be over the max guest count.

Depending on what is available in your area you might be able to find a unique cute cottage rather than a standard hotel. Ours looked great in getting ready photos and we even used the back garden for our first look!

• Melanie
    Beginner March 2020
    Melanie ·
    • Flag

I'm also doing an Airbnb. I found a really nice town house near my venue that's actually been used for bridal parties before. I'm really excited about it. I'll stay there the night before with my bridesmaids and then FH and I can stay there after the wedding. A lot of times the cost is equal to or less than a hotel room as well.

• Jennifer
    Expert October 2020
    Jennifer ·
    • Flag

We will be booking a hotel suite for the night before the wedding and the night of the wedding. It has a beautiful getting ready area and a private terrace with a view of the city! I would look into hotels in your area. Airbnb is a good option too!

• Kiara
    Super August 2020
    Kiara ·
    • Flag

Try a hotel or do you know someone in the area who would let you get dressed at their home4 the time being on your special day

• Elizabeth
    Dedicated June 2021
    Elizabeth ·
    • Flag

Hotels and Airbnbs are the best options I've seen! We're getting married in a Mansion turned event center and hotel, so we have rooms booked for that. But it's the same as a hotel set-up and I highly recommend. The perks for room service, etc. make it really all-inclusive for the morning of.

• Florida Marlins
    Expert October 2017
    Florida Marlins ·
    • Flag

I got ready in the bathroom of the salon where I had my hair done!! It was very big and spacious, lol!!

• Katelyn
    Devoted October 2020
    Katelyn ·
    • Flag

We have an AirBnB booked to get ready in near the venue. All the bridesmaids will stay there with me the night before, and then we will get ready in the morning! My hair and makeup artist will travel to me (I just had to pay a fee). We found a nice house with lots of land so we can also take pictures there Smiley smile

• Suzanne
    Savvy July 2020
    Suzanne ·
    • Flag

Our hotel block allows for use of their ballroom, so our plan is to get ready there. They said that they have mirrors, chairs, etc. to bring in so that we can get ready. Nonetheless, my momzilla is still concerned that the dress will get wrinkled If I wear it or transport it in the bag to the venue, but that's honestly not a concern of mine. The dress was $$$$ and if it can withstand hours of wedding looking nice, it can last a 10min car ride looking nice too.

Comment on this discussion

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

WeddingWire article topics