AJ
VIP September 2018

$10,000 Budget Breakdown

AJ, on May 28, 2018 at 2:51 PM Posted in Planning 8 27
Saved

We're 4 months away from our wedding and have everything set--it's either purchased fully or we have a deposit down and the money to pay it off closer to the wedding. Recently I shared our alcohol budget, but here's the FULL budget breakdown! We're getting married about 40 minutes outside of the Twin Cities in MN, and have a maximum guest count of 130. All prices listed are after taxes and fees. Anything in all CAPS is a category and its cost, items listed below it are details or the price per item in the category.

VENUE: $2,100

This is for ceremony and reception spaces. We have them from 3pm Friday - 11am Sunday.

FOOD & DRINK: $3,610

Drinks - $600 for beer (canned), wine, soda, water

Police Officer - $250 for 5 hours

Liability Insurance - $250

Cooler Rentals & Ice - $100

Appetizers - $300 for bread, spinach artichoke dip, cheese, crackers, veggies

Dinner - $1,700 for full service buffet of 2 meats, 2 sides, and cornbread muffins

Guest Cake - $40 for two sheet cakes from Costco

Tiered Cake - $150 (will serve us, wedding party, parents, and grandparents)

Plastic Dinnerware - $230 for cocktail napkins, paper plates for apps/dessert, dinner plates, wine glasses, cutlery, dinner napkins

FLOWERS AND DECOR: $731

Bouquets - $70 for my bouquet and 6 bridesmaid bouquets from afloral

Baby's Breath - $200 in bulk from Costco, for centerpieces

Candles & Votives - $50 for 72 candles and glass votives, $8 for ttaper candles and holders for the head table

Vases - $20 for 15 vases and a can of mercury-glass spray paint

Floral Garland - $27 for 6 strands, using in ceremony space

Aisle Runner - $13

Aisle Borders - $16 for tulle ribbon and flower petals

Guest Book - $5

Table Numbers - $2

Card Box - $5

Signs/Materials - $25

Linens - $290 for all tablecloths, overlays, runners, chair sashes, & chair covers

Birch Slabs & Mini White Pumpkins - $0 (borrowing/growing)

Cake Topper - $20

CEREMONY: $225

License - $150

Officiant - $0 (mutual friend is performing ceremony)

Rings - $75

STATIONARY: $165

Invitations/RSVPs - $100 for 100, only mailing 70

Postage - $55

Ceremony Programs - $10 for ribbon and ink used, already have the cardstock

GIFTS: $364

Wedding Party - $200

Parents - $60

Favors - $104

LODGING: $420

Wedding Party Accomodations - $220 for two nights

Our Wedding Night Hotel Room - $200

ATTIRE: $620

Dress - $1,500 (this is a wedding gift from my dad and will NOT be included in the budget; I originally purchased a $150 dress and WILL include that)

Alterations - $300

Accessories - $20 for shoes, $70 for headband

Suit & Accessories - $250 (this is a wedding gift from FH's mom and will NOT be included in the budget; he originally planned on a $99 suit rental and I WILL include that)

DJ: $650 for 5 hours

PHOTOGRAPHER: $500 (we are doing a mini-package. Our photographer is just doing photos of groups, ceremony, us as a couple, and the first dance)

Total cost is $9,434 before vendor tips. Hope this helps some of you plan your budget! I saved HUNDREDS by lurking on websites until they had sales, so I recommend waiting to buy things unless you're on a short timeline!

27 Comments

Latest activity by Roxy, on June 5, 2018 at 12:58 AM
  • Jessica
    VIP October 2018
    Jessica
    • Flag
    Amazing breakdown and congrats for staying within the budget!! 馃憦馃憦馃憦
    Let me just add that $150 LICENSE FEE??? I died.
  • AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thanks! And to be fair, the state drops that fee down to $40 if you do premarital counseling! Unfortunately neither of us are religious, and in the rural area where we live, there is ONLY premarital counseling available through churches.

• Jessica
    VIP October 2018
    Jessica
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    For that price, I hope your marriage certificate comes gold plated with tiny hidden diamonds around the margins....
  • Happy Hedgie
    VIP September 2018
    Happy Hedgie
    • Flag

Great budget breakdown! Here's hoping no last minute things pop up and affect your budget. Smiley smile

• AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Right?! I keep running over the numbers in my head trying to think of what I might be missing! We have some extra saved up just in case but hopefully it won't be needed Smiley smile

• J
    Dedicated January 2019
    Jacqueline
    • Flag
    Thank you so much for posting your full budget! It鈥檚 nice to see what there are paying especally when you want to stay in a similar price range! Congratulations on being all ready to go!
  • Kristen
    VIP June 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag

Just curious what you are doing for your guest book! I've been searching online and can't find any under $30, but I suppose I have been looking at items designated as "guest books"

• AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

It is actually a traditional, very basic guest book! I bought it during a Hobby Lobby sale, but I think even at full retail it's only about $15. It's from their His & Hers wedding line. Cover is white with silver font that says "Guests," inside is just lined.

I just went on the Hobby Lobby website and they have a bunch of guest books on sale for $5-$15 right now, in different styles!

• Kristen
    VIP June 2020
    Kristen
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Ok thank you. I used to work there, don't know why I hadn't thought of it for wedding stuff yet!

• ThePeoplesBride
    VIP October 2020
    ThePeoplesBride
    • Flag
    Now THIS is a budget breakdown.
    Thank you for sharing. It's always so interesting to see these.
  • S
    Beginner January 2019
    Samantha
    • Flag
    Thanks for posting!! We also have a 10,000 budget so this is great! Definitely makes me feel like it really is doable. We've been thinking if creative ways to save money and just do what we want to do. My fiance and I are very laid back so our wedding will reflect that. So many people tell you you have to do certain things but we're realizing we don't. It's our wedding. Thanks again!
  • AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

You can definitely do it!!! We had to compromise in a few areas (BBQ buffet instead fancier fare, canned beer instead of full open bar, very limited flowers, reduced photo package) but we were still able to plan a day that is going to work really well and probably suit our personalities more than our original plan anyways. We felt a little pressured to go more high-end and formal like our relatives have, but it wouldn't be "us" the way this will be. It's nice to hear that you and your fianc茅 are figuring that out, too!

• OrangeCrush
    Super October 2017
    OrangeCrush
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hi Anna! If you don't mind sharing, where is your venue? I am a MN bride myself! We got hitched at the MN Landscape Arboretum! And I feel ya on the license fee - ours was $105. No counseling for us, lol.

Your budget looks great!!!

And no, I won't crash your wedding......it does sound like a beautiful time, though!

• AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hmm I wonder if I misread the numbers and it's still $105 not $150...馃 That would be a nice surprise!

I'd looked at the Arboretum online--what a cool venue! We're getting married at Ojiketa Regional Park, it's tucked away in the woods and overlooks a lake. They have a "chapel," banquet hall, and cabins all on site so guests can just stay right there all weekend if they want to.

• T
    Dedicated July 2020
    Tywana
    • Flag
    OMG! Thank you so much for sharing! My budget is 10,000.00 as well. This helps to put things in their proper perspective 馃憤馃従
  • OrangeCrush
    Super October 2017
    OrangeCrush
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Gorgeous venue!!! Best wishes!! I think I was wrong on the license as well - it is $115. I was so excited to get the license but it was like getting tabs for the car. Yawn.

Best wishes to you!!!

• A
    Dedicated June 2018
    Adelhaide
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    Also a Twin Cities bride here, we picked up our marriage license for $115 (without counseling) last week. interesting how the price
    seems to vary for each of us
  • AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Hey actually I have a license question you might be able to answer! We're looking to sign the certificate during the ceremony. In MN, can we do this? I know it varies by state and we can't find clear info on if we have to sign in advance with only the witnesses signing during, or if we can sign at the same time. Darn paperwork lol

• AJ
    VIP September 2018
    AJ
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment

Thank you--I must have misread the price when I looked, or just written it down incorrectly while my mind was preoccupied. This is good to know! Guess I can knock another $35 off our total after all!

• A
    Dedicated June 2018
    Adelhaide
    • Flag
    View Quoted Comment
    We were given a copy with our names printed and blank spaces for the bride and groom, officiant and two witnesses over age 16 to sign, on the day the marriage is performed. After the signatures the official has 5 days to register the marriage. So I don鈥檛 think there will be any difficulty with signing as part of the ceremony.

You voted for . Add a comment 👇

Related articles

WeddingWire celebrates love ...and so does everyone on our site! Learn more

Groups

WeddingWire article topics