Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc. Reviews

51 | Kihei, HI

51 Reviews for Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc.

Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc. 1
Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc. 2
Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc. 3
Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc. 4
  • F

Frances · Married on 05/12/2018

Kara and her team are the absolute BEST! They are connected with awesome vendors and know how to make your vision absolutely come to life! Our wedding was absolutely perfect and that is largely because of all the hard work that Kara did before the big day and then the day of. EVERYTHING was taken care of -- we could just enjoy all the festivities and not worry about anything. Kara was totally available through the entire planning process and helped make it a lot of fun. We truly cannot recommend her highly enough!!

Dennis · Married on 04/21/2018

Kara, Veronica and the team at Your Aloha Wedding helped create a magical day for my husband Wallace and me, not to mention friends and family. Living thousands of miles from Maui, we needed experts who knew the area and the resources available on the island. In a few phone conversations had a plan for a ceremony that was just what we were looking for--simple, dignified, beautiful and uniquely Hawaiian. We highly recommend them.

Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc. 5
    Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc. 6
    Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc. 7

Stephanie · Married on 08/06/2017

I cannot say enough good things about Kara of Your Aloha wedding company! She is hands down the best coordinator I could ever imagine and I give her my highest recommendation. She made our dream wedding come true and she did it in the most professional, attentive, detailed, thoughtful and kind manner. Kara took the time to check-in with us on a regular basis, always provided very helpful responses, and kept our wedding very organized (and within budget)! I thought I was an organized person until I met Kara and saw her colour coded spreadsheets and budgets! She constantly made me feel like we were going to achieve our dream vision on time (even though we only had about seven months) and she did so without making us feel overwhelmed even once. In addition, Kara has an outstanding team of professionals she works with. Her list of preferred vendors was varied to suit any price range and style. Each and every one of the vendors she coordinated for us was above and beyond our expectations. Like Kara, they offered the best quality of service and did it with a smile :) They all accommodated our requests and added to the happiness of our day! If you are at the stage where you are picking a coordinator, give Kara a call and you will immediately know working with her will be the best wedding planning decision you could make!

Maya · Married on 06/04/2017

I found Kara at Your Aloha Wedding Co. after reading many reviews that said she was awesome and they were right! Kara was so easy to work with despite me having to plan my wedding from a different country. She was always so prompt replying to my emails and she always kept me up to date regarding the other vendors. My caterer, photographer, officiant, all the other vendors mentioned that they loved working with Kara since she is always on top of everything. She was even so helpful and brought extra items like extra flower toss petal baskets and a small glass container to keep all the photo booth props just in case, which all worked perfectly. Thank you for making my wedding a huge success and I highly recommend Your Aloha Wedding Co.!

Ginny · Married on 11/05/2016

Kara was the Day of Event Coordinator for my daughter's wedding in Lahaina. Her positive energy, superior organization, excellent communication skills, and fabulous staff made the event a special - and relaxing - one for all of us, and all for a very reasonable cost! She was exactly who we were looking for in a coordinator! I would highly recommend her!

Sent on 11/17/2016

Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you very much Ginny! It was such a great experience planning with you for Lane & Bill's wedding. What a special day. All our best to you and your families.

Jordan · Married on 10/07/2016

We got married in Wailea on October 7, 2016 and thanks to Veronica and Kara at Your Aloha Wedding Co, it was seriously perfect!

A lot of my friends said you don't need a coordinator, it's not worth the money....let me tell you how wrong they were! Not only was it a stress/life saver, it was well worth every single penny! For those frugal folks out there, which I am, Your Aloha Wedding Co, in my opinion, is absolutely worth the cost! And their prices are very fair, if not too fair!

I had originally contacted Kara shortly after we got engaged, about 12 months prior, and she set me up with Veronica who was with me every step of the way. Veronica was very accessible and whenever I contacted her she responded very promptly. And even though she had many brides to work with during my wedding planning, she made me feel like I was her top priority as I'm sure she did with all her brides. We were planning our wedding from Oregon, and though we were familiar with Maui, the vendors that Veronica recommended were all awesome! When we arrived in Maui, the first text I got was from Veronica and up to the day of the wedding, she continued to check in with us and help us navigate our way thru the week. Then come wedding day, I honestly couldn't have imagined it going any smoother. Everything went completely perfectly...honestly...perfect. I would highly recommend Your Aloha Wedding Co and Veronica Gray and Kara Byrne to anyone! Thank you both for making our dream wedding come to fruition!

Sent on 10/20/2016

Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you so much Jordan & Max! Veronica and I are so happy for you two. You are an amazing couple & we wish only the best for you & your families!

Stacy · Married on 09/22/2016

I truly enjoyed working with Kara - she made everything so easy for me. She was extremely responsive and kept up with all of my one-off questions. She was knowledgeable, professional, and made me feel confident that she had everything under control - which of course she did! She exceeded my expectations and I would absolutely recommend her.

Sent on 10/26/2016

Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you Stacy & Adam! It was a truly wonderful day and such an honor to be a part of your wedding. All our best to you both!

Tami · Married on 04/30/2016

We were planning our wedding from California and were worried that we wouldn’t be able to go to Maui to do in person meetings, tastings, etc. But Kara had us covered every step of the way! She always gave insightful advice and provided her honest opinions, which really helped us feel better about making decisions from afar. Our wedding day was magical, and we can’t thank Kara enough for making our special day so perfect!!

From the time we inquired about her services all the way until our wedding day, Kara returned emails within 1 business day and always gave such thorough responses. She is amazing at follow-up and emailed us every time there was an update from our vendors. Often times, we asked her a question that involved her reaching out to a vendor and waiting for their response, yet we would have an answer from her by the next day or two! We also appreciated how she guided us through every step of planning, from booking vendors to suggesting multiple ways to cut our costs to giving recommendations for places to have our rehearsal lunch. When we did have concerns about certain things, Kara addressed our concerns by patiently answering questions or by coming up with ideas that made us happier.

On the day of the wedding, while waiting at the hotel lobby for the limo to pick up the bridal party to take us to the venue, Kara texted to tell me that the limo company was experiencing issues with our limo. However, she swiftly handled the issue and arranged for a shuttle bus to pick us up ASAP. The rest of the wedding day ran extremely smoothly and turned out absolutely amazing! After the wedding, many family members and close friends commented on how organized Kara was throughout the whole wedding day and how we chose a great wedding planner. We could not agree more and highly recommend her!! She is incredibly sweet, patient, honest, detail-oriented, and so easy to work with on planning a destination wedding!!

Sent on 07/02/2016

Your Aloha Wedding Company, Inc.'s reply:

Thank you Tami & Jordan! You were such a great couple to plan with! Thank you so much for choosing us to help you plan your celebration. It was gorgeous & such a wonderful experience. All our best to you!!

Kara was amazing! We were so nervous planning a destination wedding. We didn't get to see the estate, taste the cake, or communicate with most of the vendors. In spite of all of that, Kara made our wedding absolutely perfect!

When we began our search for our venue, we found what we thought was perfect for us! The Sugarman Estate! We called several times and sent multiple emails but never got a response. Upon contacting Kara and explaining our situation to her, we had our estate reserved that same day! We were so lucky because later we found out there were several people that tried to book the estate for our wedding day. Thank you, Kara!

Kara responded to all of our emails and kept us on track with everything. There were a few times we were worried (wedding planning is much more stressful than I ever imagined) but there was no need. Everything went without a hitch. She was very patient with us when we changed our minds multiple times and gave us her opinion when we were unsure of something.

Kara was so involved with everything from planning the wedding to serving me and my girls water to helping me bustle my dress.

Kara and her team is without a doubt AMAZING! Don't hesitate if you're considering her and if you're not, change your mind and give her a call!

Melissa · Married on 06/05/2015

First off - Our day was perfect. It was more than we could have ever imagined and we would not have been able to do it without Your Aloha Wedding Company.

I started working with Kara about 1 year before our big day. Since we were doing a destination wedding, my husband and I decided it would just be too stressful to try and plan it all on our own from the mainland. I sent inquiries to two different wedding planners in Maui. Kara responded within 24 hours... the other responded within 4 days, asking for even more information. Knowing that I am the type of person who needs a lot of communication, Kara was the person for me!

Most of our communication occurred over email (which was perfect for me) even though we did have a couple of phone calls (the first one so she could get to know more about us as a couple, what we want out of the day, etc.). Some times we would email multiple times within a week (or day) and during others when we weren't in the thick of planning, I would hear from her about every week/week and a half. She makes herself very accessible to her brides and let's us know if she will be out of the office for a wedding or vacation.

During the entire process, she walked us through choosing vendors, giving us her suggestions and offering feedback on things we may not know being so far away (like the personalities of each DJ). We were lucky to visit Maui for a few short days and during that time Kara took us to visit our venue (Olowalu Plantation House), meet florists, food tastings, meet our DJ, etc. Kara helped organize all of our meetings so all we had to do was show up!

The morning of the wedding, I woke up completely relaxed because I knew Kara had everything handled. I was able to fully enjoy my day.

Many of our guests have said it was the best wedding they ever attended... I would have to agree! I highly recommend Your Aloha Wedding Company!

The only thing I can say is stop searching, call Kara, and make arrangements for her to be your wedding planner. She is genuine, flexible, easy going, and truly a beautiful person! She was easy to communicate with and was always readily available! No matter what kind of style, budget, or type of event you are trying to plan, she is the ONLY and BEST person. I wouldn’t hesitate to recommend her. She is reliable, organized, and honest, which is hard to find. She was extremely helpful and honest with her opinions and vendors, which made everything so much less stressful! I love the fact that she was about to picture what we wanted and make it happen. The wedding day was stress-free and perfect, seriously because of her. There are not enough positive and great words I can say to describe how much she helped and did for our special day. All I really have to say is if you speak to her, you’ll see how great of a person and planner she is :)

Mikaela · Married on 02/13/2015

My husband and I were recently married at Olowalu Plantation House in Maui, and I could not have asked for things to go more perfectly. This is due in very large part to the wonderful planning from Kara at Your Aloha Wedding Co. She's absolutely amazing and I'd highly recommend her for anyone planning their wedding in Maui.

When we first decided to get married in Maui, we knew early on that we'd need the help of a wedding planner - Kara was recommended by an acquaintance and we feel extremely fortunate to have been connected with her. She worked with us through the entire process and helped guide us through every step along the way.

From the beginning, she worked closely with us to deliver the special event that we were hoping for and listen to our needs, concerns and questions. The wedding process was uncharted territory for us, and she was super helpful to explain things along the way, offer suggestions and help keep us on track with planning.

Once we arrived in Maui (one week before our wedding), it was reassuring to know that Kara was there to take care of the small things and make sure all ran smoothly. Pre-planning prep and day of events ran perfectly - Kara made sure everything behind the scenes was set so that my husband and I could relax and truly take in and appreciate the event. Kara was also spot on with her vendor recommendations - I was impressed with every single one we decided on.

She's friendly, patient, detail-oriented, calm and attentive.Basically, everything I was hoping for in a wedding planner :). I honestly couldn't envision having planned our wedding without her.

CHRISTOPHER · Married on 08/30/2014

When my wife and I were first preparing for our wedding I really didn’t understand why we needed a wedding planner for. A few days into planning I immediately knew why.

So when we found Kara and hired her to be our planner, let’s just say we also found my wife’s new best friend. Planning a wedding, let alone a destination wedding is a challenge. That said I’ll be 100% honest – I don’t think we ever got to that point of stress that a lot of people face during wedding planning. That’s because Kara was always there to help out. From taking a million phone call and emails to answering the same redundant questions over & over again from yours truly Kara was always there to help us out and make sure our special day would be perfect!

From the day we hired her all the way until the day after our wedding (a long year plus) Kara was just an absolutely amazing person to work with. We met with her a couple times prior to the wedding and every time it was such a great experience. She was extremely attentive and really listened to what we were looking for as opposed to trying to push her ideas and agenda into the mix. We always got multiple options on the services, décor, etc that we were looking at with multiple price points. If we wanted additional options or wanted to go back and review a decision that we previously made she was always accommodating and never once pushed back.

Always a smile on her face, Kara never seemed stress despite the fact there were a many stressful situations during the wedding week (rain is never fun!) She was quick to improvise when needed and was honestly our rock and anchor throughout this whole process of getting our dream wedding together.

It’s hard to be put into words everything Kara did for us. I think the best way I can put it is this – for all the fellas out there – if you want your relationship to work and for your soon to be wife to be happy and not want to strangle you –hire Kara.

Courtney · Married on 04/22/2014

I highly recommend your aloha wedding company. Kara was amazing. We are from canada and were not there to plan our wedding in hawaii. She knew who the best photographer, location, restaurant and florists were in maui. Our day was perfect . Kara arrived early and checked out the beach because I was concerned that it was going to tough getting to in my wedding dress. She had everything set up for when we arrived. The day went without a hitch :) we had our wedding on paipu beach and reception at gannons. She even helped with my decision of flowers for my wedding bouquet. Absolutely stunning bouquet! She even made our appointment to get our marriage license :)
    Thanks so much Kara!

Jennifer · Married on 04/18/2014

Kara, I can't thank you enough for your fantastic coordination. I meant it when I said it was the most beautiful wedding I have ever seen, and I couldn't believe it was mine! I know it can't be easy with brides on the mainland and vendors in Maui. I think you handled it all with grace and worked diligently to carry off an absolutely memorable occasion. A lot of weddings in Maui are destination weddings, but ours was more like a traditional wedding in a state that is 5 hours away from me. I felt comfortable that you understood our vision and that you had everything in control at all times. If I was going to get married in Maui again I would definitely hire you all over again. Thanks again for everything!

bria · Married on 03/21/2014

If you want a seamless and easy wedding planning experience and want to be a stress-free bride, look no further than Kara at Aloha Wedding Company and book her immediately!!! Kara took care of every last detail and made sure we had the day we envisioned and zero stress throughout the process or the day. Her recommendations of vendors were spot on, she got our style and taste instantly and she made it possible for us to relax and enjoy the day and have the experience we wanted. I cannot say more wonderful things about her and how she works with you. Oh and did I mention that we planned our destination wedding in less than 3 months and still, it was stress free for us?! Again, book her immediately and you'll see why it is the best thing you can do to make your dream day possible.

• Janice

Janice · Married on 01/25/2014

I highly recommend Kara from Your Aloha Wedding Company for all your wedding planning needs. She is very professional, detail oriented, very organized and a pleasure to work with. My experience working with Kara was wonderful, and I was very happy with all of her vendor recommendations. She was very responsive to all my emails, very timely and prompt. I was so relaxed on my wedding day, knowing that she was taking care of everything. Kara, Mahalo again for making our wedding day so special and perfect!

Angelina · Married on 01/19/2014

Kara is amazing. She earned our most enthusiastic endorsement. We recommend her to anyone who needs help with their special day. She was lovely to work with, very professional, and also very warm. All referrals were excellent.

We are so happy to have her as our coordinator and glad that we chose her!!! She was always very quick on replying our question and doubt that we had and always responded what we needed to know. We cannot imagine our wonderful wedding without Kara's coordination. She was reliable in any regard and have such a nice character. I would definitely recommend her as an coordinator if our friends are getting married on Maui or even who we do not know but getting married on Maui!!!! Thank you again for all your help, Kara:)

Kristen · Married on 11/23/2013

Kara with Your Aloha Wedding Company was our wedding planner for our special day in Maui! From day one Kara was so helpful and patient. She is always quick to respond through email, text or phone call and she made the entire process absolutely stress free. Her recommendations for vendors exceeded are expectations! I would recommend Kara %100!!!

Alicia · Married on 11/19/2013

Kara Byrne from Your Aloha Wedding Company was absolutely fantastic! We planned our destination beach wedding from Canada and Kara made planning it very easy. She was very reliable and always responded to emails promptly.

Kara recommended quality wedding vendors and professionals. She gave us confidence planning our wedding without visiting the site beforehand.

Once we arrived in Maui Kara met up with us a few days before the wedding to finalize all the details.

On the wedding day she was able to get a great section of beach to have the ceremony on and was able to organize our guests and vendors perfectly. She also attended to the little details to make sure our ceremony was perfect and the photos great.

• Cheré

Cheré · Married on 11/12/2013

I wish I could give 1000 stars. Kara at Your Aloha Wedding was the absolute best ever. From the very beginning to the day after the wedding, she was on every detail. Her calm demeanor and hard work made the whole process feel like a perfect dream!
    I thought I was going to make myself crazy trying to find pictures of exactly what I wanted. I explained it all to Kara and I was afraid it didn't make sense, but she knew just what I meant and who could make it happen.
    No matter what went wrong or what last minute changes had to happen, Kara made it feel like it would be no problem at all.
    Our wedding day was gorgeous and looked like something out of a magazine. The guests were in awe and still talk about it to this day. I have already told everyone in Alaska how amazing she was, I can't imagine there is a better wedding planner out there anywhere!
    Every bride wants to make their wedding the best day of their life, and Kara delivers!

Catherine · Married on 11/12/2013

Kara is the best of the best. She is so organized, reliable, caring and has a great sense of style. She answered my millions of questions and kept me calm throughout the entire planning process from miles away. Kara simply helped me create my dream wedding and made it come to reality. I am so glad to have chosen her as our wedding planner and would definitely recommend her to all future brides out there!

jennifer · Married on 11/09/2013

Kara Byrnes was our wedding planner and she was flawless, amazing. She made my day perfect everything I needed or wanted was done last minute things like getting leis on the day of wedding for whole family no problem. If I could rate her I would give her a 11 out of ten so relaxed couldn't ask for anything else it was the most beautiful day I was lucky to have found her!