The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings Reviews

30 Reviews for The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings

• Adree-Anna

Adree-anna · Getting married on 11/08/2020

So happy so far!

My fiance and I booked with them recently and I am in love! We worked with Hannah and she was wonderful, she answered all of our questions and helped us put together a great wedding package. The venue is beautiful and elegant, you can book a hotel block (Through the actual hotel though, not Wedgewood) You have so much decorating freedom but no open flames. You can add or remove anything you want in the package, including photography. The venue does not have onsite parking but there are parking meters (free on Sunday) and a parking garage nearby for $5.00 a day. After you book you are given a planning binder to help you along your way. Your invitations are also included in the package, you are given a credit a few months before the ceremony to use on their website to order your invitations but you can use it on many things on their website, not just invites. Booking with them has alleviated so much stress and makes the whole thing so much easier and I honestly cannot wait to get married there. the venue it so beautiful it does not need much decorating, it's worth it booking here. I will update as the planning goes along but I doubt I will run into any problems with them. The bridal suite is gorgeous and spacious with large mirrors and a private bathroom. the Groom Room is actually one of the bars, but plenty of room and space to dress and prepare. I tried to include in this review everything I wanted to know while I was considering them before booking, I love this venue, I have a feeling I won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/02/2019
  • Korrina

Korrina Smith Landes · Married on 03/15/2020

BEST Decision Ever!

Hands down, the BEST wedding planning decision I made was booking with Wedgewood Weddings at the Sterling! As soon as I toured the venue I knew I wanted to book with them for our wedding this past March. The Sterling Hotel has a chic vintage vibe that's classy and elegant without feeling too old or dated. From start to finish, the entire Wedgewood team made us feel so special! I know they work with tons of couples, but they seriously made us feel like they were our own private entourage simply there to make sure everything went exactly as we envisioned. The attention to detail and communication were impeccable. We went with the Premier Package and the all-inclusive feel of the package is incredible! It eased so much stress to know all the major decisions were made with one contract. We went with their preferred vendors for cake, photo/video, DJ, and flowers.
    Hannah was our day-of coordinator and she rocked it! We were going to have the ceremony in the Rose Garden, but there was a chance of rain, so Hannah had the indoor Ballroom set up as well, just in case! We held out as long as we could with the intermittent rain, but in the end we had to move it inside. None of the guests knew any different since it was all done so discretely and smoothly! She was so supportive and kind in working with me. The whole event was just perfect. The food was delicious and the DJ (Preston) was on fire! Preston was cool, attentive, professional, and even jumped out on the dance floor for a choreographed dance of an N'SYNC song! So talented! He announced everything perfectly and threw in some great songs throughout the event!
    Book with Wedgewood, check it off your to-do list, and move on to the next item. You will not be disappointed!

Sent on 06/20/2020
  • Vincent

Vincent Tran · Married on 01/31/2020

Stress Free Wedding!

Where should we even start? Wedgewood is amazing! The Sterling Hotel (Hannah & Amanda) staff are amazing. They’ve been so accommodating right from the start. They assisted us in every step of the way and believe us when we say our whole wedding process was literally STRESS-FREE. They took care of almost everything. Little miscommunications were corrected right away and we felt that we were always their priority. They’ve blown all our expectations of service, care, and decorative expertise out of the water! Our reception was even better than we imagined it would be. They executed the decorations better than what we envisioned it. It’s only been a week since our wedding and we cannot stop thinking about how virtually perfect everything was. Our guests had a great time, especially with the food and beverage selections at the buffet and open bar. We cannot thank you enough! Much Love, Angelie & Vincent Tran

Sent on 03/27/2020

Derek Daniels · Married on 12/14/2019

Phenomenal Service

The venue / staff / food / music / decor / service was all phenomenal. We would highly recommend them for anyone looking to get married in Sacramento

Sent on 01/05/2020
  • O

Odessa · Married on 11/03/2019

Fabulous experience!

My husband and I wanted a very small, intimate wedding, and were only planning a 6 month engagement. I don't know what I would have done without Wedgewood and their amazing team! From start to finish they were amazing to work with. The staff are friendly and supportive, knowledgeable and accommodating. I can't believe how well organize and planned the whole process was AND it still was 100% personalized to us. (Especially thank you to Amanda for being my go-to on our wedding day! ) It doesn't feel like a cookie cutter experience at all. Everything we said "we want to do XYZ" they met our requests with a smile. My husband lost his parents in recent years and it was important that we honor their presence on our day. The staff at Wedgewood Sterling hotel were so sweet and understanding.
    I can't say enough about how smooth and enjoyable the entire process was. Everyone should have the individualized wedding of their dreams- they made it happen for us.

Sent on 12/12/2019

Elizabeth C · Married on 10/13/2019

the fairy godmother of wedding venues

You best believe the hype about the Sterling Hotel. There's a reason why they consistently get five-star reviews--it's because it really is a five-star venue. Planning a wedding is super stressful, and the support we received from the entire Sterling team during the entire process was invaluable to the success of our day.
    We got married here Oct 13, 2019 and I can't imagine our day getting any better. Everyone told us to be prepared for something to go wrong, but nothing did. I credit this towards the amazing staff members. Hannah was our day-of coordinator and Lauren and Kali also helped us as well. Everyone was thoughtful and always willing to help. Importantly, no one was pushy or rushed us to make any decisions.
    Communication with the staff was easy and their coordination with the vendors (Wild Flowers, DJ Preston, Karen's Bakery) felt seamless and required very little to no effort on our part--a huge relief, especially in the busy days leading up to the ceremony! The food was excellent, we got a lot of compliments. (My aunt gave the salmon rave reviews, and she has an extremely high bar for what constitutes quality food.) The venue itself is beautiful and tidy.
    We enjoyed all of their vendors too! DJ Preston is da bomb diggity. He definitely knows how to keep the dance floor going, fading out songs if he noticed that the group wasn't feeling it. Wild Flowers DG was great to work with too. The flowers were fresh and gorgeous, and they were so easy to work with. Our cake from Karen's was delicious--our only regret was that we didn't eat more of it.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Diana Rey · Married on 09/21/2019

Fabulous and Amazing Location & Staff

We cannot thank the staff at Wedgewood Sterling enough! Our day was that of a fairy tale and perfect because of their hard work and dedication. From the coordinators to the awesome DJ Preston who had the dance floor packed all night the the delicious food. Everyone had an amazing time and it was effortless for us!

Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Kaelin

Kaelin azbell · Married on 07/22/2019

Amazing staff and venue

Words cannot express how amazing the staff is. They were so helpful every step of the way leading up to the big day. Our wedding day was everything my husband and I could've imagined, and completely stress free. The venue is incredible and so beautiful!

Sent on 08/20/2019

Mathew Bowen · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing time

Couldn’t of had a better time anywhere else. They took care of everything and were amazing.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Angelina · Married on 01/15/2019

The perfect day ❤️

I can’t remember names (just because I suck at that) BUT the ladies were a pleasure to work with! Everything was really easy and affordable! My husband and I had a small wedding of 20 people and it’s hard to find a vendor that looks nice for a small wedding... this place was perfect. The ballroom was beautiful and amazing for reception. The food was delicious and the servers were fantastic. They really made sure things went smoothly for me and my nervous self. Thank you staff at the Sterling Hotel, for the best day of my life. ❤️

Sent on 01/29/2019

Maria · Married on 08/18/2018

Although this was the second wedding for me and my husband, they made our time truly a memorable one. Kelsey was very detailed, to every bits and pieces you can think of. We included everything in our package except the photographer and videographer. Our officiant was Rev Rick Tan. He helped us personalize our vows and our DJ was Preston Murray. He gave a great life to our wedding reception. Our coordinator Hannah was superb and overall they have been so instrumental to the great memories we treasure because it was just so amazing! Our guests were pleased and nothing but great comments. One even said that my party was very elegant. Thank you team Wedgewood Sterling Hotel.

Sent on 08/23/2018

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings's reply:

Your pictures are gorgeous. We truly appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have been part of your wedding planning experience. We wish you all the best and hope that you’ll stay in touch with your Wedgewood Weddings family! Congratulations!

Shivon · Married on 05/18/2018

I am not a review type person, but I felt it would not be right if I didn't say how much I appreciate the staff, and Kaylie and Kylie (sorry if I spelled your names wrong) They were absolutely FANTASTIC!!! They worked with me and made my wedding day the literal day of my dreams! Everything from the getting dressed to the saying goodbye was PERFECT!! They do all the work. I just got dressed (which seemed like a lot too) I have only been married now going on two weeks so I don't have the pics yet, but when I get some I will post! IT was PERFECT. Thank you doesn't seem to suffice at all!

Sent on 05/31/2018

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate your feedback and are so happy that your special day was a success. We wish you all the best and hope that you stay in touch with your Wedgewood family!

Laura · Married on 03/14/2018

Everything about this venue was great. First, I loved the fact that they had inclusive packages; I got my DJ and officiant as part as my package. The planning team was so helpful with everything, they answered any questions I had. The venue itself is beautiful. The food served at the reception was phenomenal. I don't have a single bad thing to say about this venue. The DJ and officiant that we booked through the venue were absolutely amazing as well. I am so happy we chose Wedgewood at the Sterling Hotel.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Pilar · Married on 03/09/2018

This venue is incredible and absolutely stunning. My husband and were recently married at the sterling and we would not change a single thing. The girls Kali and Kelsey are incredible and super attentive to detail. They go out of their way to ensure that your day is exactly how you imagine and that stress is limited.

Kali and Kelsey were very attentive and responsive throughout the whole process and our wedding day turned out exactly as we imagined. My husband and I would not change a single detail and we loved every minute of our day. Our entire family was blown away by our wedding and, not exaggerating, but every single guest has reached out to me saying it was “the best wedding they have ever been to” and that “they do not remember the last time they had that mush fun”. My vision was brought to life and I am so thankful to have found this venue and to have had this experience.

THANK YOU WEDGEWOOD FOR GIVING ME THE WEDDING OF MY DREAMS!!!!!

My guests have been raving about the day non-stop since the wedding! I would highly recommend this venue and this team. Weddings are supposed to be a celebration of your love and this venue allows you the opportunity to have the wedding of your dreams and to experience and enjoy every minute of it!!

GOOD LUCK BRIDES WITH ALL YOUR WEDDING PLANNING! I HOPE YOUR DAY IS AS UNFORGETTABLE FOR YOU AS IT WAS FOR US!!

Sent on 03/13/2018

Stormy · Married on 01/20/2018

This was the perfect place to have a wedding. It was a dream come true. Kali was my coordinator from the very beginning and did a hands down fabulous job. She is so professional and easy to talk to. She went above and beyond for us. When I started to look around two years ago many vendors did not want to help me because my wedding was so far out. Wedgewood at the Sterling hotel treated me with respect and followed up throughout the years. I highly recommend this venue, you will be impressed and have no stress. They do everything for you.

Sent on 01/24/2018

• Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 12/20/2017

Amazing Location and Team

We at Sacramento Event Co absolutely LOVE working at the Wedgewood Sterling Hotel in downtown Sacramento.
    The staff at the Sterling Hotel are completely hands on and well educated in weddings and the planning process. This venue is beautiful and conveniently attached to a historic hotel which has modern updates, and placed right in downtown Sacramento.

Sent on 06/02/2020

We chose Wedegewood because they offer a package deal that you can customize every part of. It makes wedding planning so much easier to have it all in one price and the money isn't bad for what you're getting. Thus far the ladies of Wedegewood have been amazing and extremely helpful.

My wedding was absolutely beautiful and felt flawless. We had Kelsey the day of our event and she was absolutely amazing. She ran things perfectly and I am so happy we went with Wedgewood and got a day of coordinator. Our day was perfect. The food was great, the service was spot on, and EVERYONE said how amazing the day was.

Sent on 09/26/2016
  • I

Ian · Married on 01/07/2017

The Wedgewood Sterling Hotel Team is very cooperative and willing to sit-down to answer all your questions. My wife and I got married back in January and we are so glad that we held our wedding at this charming venue. The historic hotel is located in the heart of downtown and is easily accessible by your friends and families on the weekends. The hotel staff, wedding packages, and even their vendors are flexible, collaborative, and cooperative. It is possible to customize the details by adding something you want or deleting something that does not seem to work. I am so glad Kali and Kelsey are patient with us because we changed our minds a few times during the whole planning process. In the end, my wife and I definitely got the wedding we planned for and we were very happy! Big thanks to the Wedgewood Sterling Hotel Team!

Sent on 06/13/2017
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/29/2016

I have to say, I love planning anything and everything under the moon and when it came to my wedding, its was no different. I recently had my wedding here Friday, April 29th, 2016. I loved that it was an all inclusive venue, but also that you didn't have to stick to what they suggested. My husband and I made changes to the packages throughout our whole planning time. Kelsey and Matt who we dealt with the most were amazing. Great communication, always flexible, and really genuine people who really just want to make your day amazing. I don't think we could have asked for a better Wedgewood team! The day of the wedding went by without a hitch. I know there were things that were bound to happen, but at this point, we just wanted to celebrate and make sure our friends and families were taken care of. In all, we were so happy and Wedgewood did an awesome job serving us and our 200 guests!

Sent on 05/21/2016

Lisa · Married on 11/28/2015

Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect. Kelsey, our Wedgwood coordinator, was absolutely AMAZING. She totally understood my vision and made it come to life from day one. Whether it be all of my little tiny details or wants from outside vendors, she made every single thing happen. Even couches and a fire pit for our cocktail hour in addition to a mariachi. Every small detail inside the ballroom was beautiful. She took the time to get to know me over the 10 month planning process and did everything in her power to make our night a dream come true. I've received nothing but compliment after compliment after compliment from all of our guests. The morning of the wedding, I went running into her office with a huge smile on my face and she greeted me with just as much excitement. The bridal suit is BEAUTIFUL to get ready in! Kelsey and her staff brought us mimosas and snacks all morning long and was constantly checking on myself and my bridal party. The banquet services during the reception were amazing. They constantly offered my husband and I food, drinks and anything we needed. They even brought us a HUGE plate of bacon wrapped scallops because they knew how much I loved them! The meal (petite filet mignon and lemon chicken) was DELICIOUS! Melted in our mouth. Kelsey was just absolutely fabulous. She let me bring in all the vendors I wanted (florist, DJ, photographer, videographer) and worked with me with the vendors Wedgwood offers. All were amazing and Kelsey made all of my dreams happen. I didn't know it was humanly possible to have THAT much fun. I seriously can't thank the Wedgwood staff enough. Our wedding was a dream come true.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Kayla · Married on 04/02/2016

My husband and I choose this venue because we feel in love with the look of it, working with Wedgewood was just a surprising bonus. The venue itself is beautiful, we used just about every room they offered, chandelier for ceremony, cellar for cocktail hour, ballroom for reception, bridal suite for getting ready and Huntington suite for the night we stayed. When we were getting ready they offered us champagne and some cheese and crackers, so sweet. They walked us through everything and was there for comfort us when we were nervous about how things would turn out. The staff was amazing at making us feel that we were never an inconvenience to them when they were answering our billion questions. During and after our wedding all of our guest came to us and told us how much they loved our venue and the staff that was working there. It is really awesome that their packages are completely customize-able, you can literally get everything done through them if you wanted to, or just a few things. My only wish is that they would add more to their invitations available, or make it where you don't have to go through them for that. but that is a small thing that wasnt that important to us. overall i would give them an A++ in everything and DEFINITELY recommend them.

Sent on 04/13/2016
  • Brandie

Brandie Mendez · Married on 10/26/2019

Mendez Wedding

All inclusive wedding venue...loved everything, they set up everything and it was beautiful. Super easy and no stress for me.... yeah that's a win for me!

Sent on 12/29/2019

Steffie · Married on 01/05/2018

Great place for having a wedding. Loved the venue, the affordability and they work so well with you to plan out your big day. They really lessen the stress with their scheduling, checklists and connected vendors. All the guests were happy and enjoyed themselves at the beautiful venue.

Sent on 03/22/2018

Brianne · Married on 11/20/2016

I wanted a wedding venue that would take care of most of the details looked beautiful and felt like the place. I found that here. It is an amazing venue and I am so happy that I was able to book my date. I know my wedding is far away but the service has been outstanding, especially since I don't live in the Sacramento area but live in Alabama. Every email is responded to super fast. This place was well within my budget, we are spending less than $5000 on the wedding and I am getting everything I want.

Sent on 01/13/2016
  • Josette

Josette · Married on 03/30/2019

Beautiful wedding

It was truly magical like I wanted. Really good service and they take of everything. All the vendors in one and you just pay them and let them know what you want and they will put it together. It was nice on the day of the wedding to not have to have my friends and family doing all that work and they were able just to arrive all dressed with their makeup done, relax, take pictures and enjoy our special day. I would always recommend hiring coordinators even if it's more money. A lot less stressful.

Sent on 04/07/2019

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings's reply:

Hi Josette! Beautiful photos! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience with Wedgewood Weddings. It is truly our pleasure to be part of your special day. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness together and congratulations!