The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings Reviews

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 5
  • Adree-Anna

Adree-anna · Getting married on 11/08/2020

So happy so far!

My fiance and I booked with them recently and I am in love! We worked with Hannah and she was wonderful, she answered all of our questions and helped us put together a great wedding package. The venue is beautiful and elegant, you can book a hotel block (Through the actual hotel though, not Wedgewood) You have so much decorating freedom but no open flames. You can add or remove anything you want in the package, including photography. The venue does not have onsite parking but there are parking meters (free on Sunday) and a parking garage nearby for $5.00 a day. After you book you are given a planning binder to help you along your way. Your invitations are also included in the package, you are given a credit a few months before the ceremony to use on their website to order your invitations but you can use it on many things on their website, not just invites. Booking with them has alleviated so much stress and makes the whole thing so much easier and I honestly cannot wait to get married there. the venue it so beautiful it does not need much decorating, it's worth it booking here. I will update as the planning goes along but I doubt I will run into any problems with them. The bridal suite is gorgeous and spacious with large mirrors and a private bathroom. the Groom Room is actually one of the bars, but plenty of room and space to dress and prepare. I tried to include in this review everything I wanted to know while I was considering them before booking, I love this venue, I have a feeling I won't be disappointed.

Sent on 09/02/2019

Elizabeth C · Married on 10/13/2019

the fairy godmother of wedding venues

You best believe the hype about the Sterling Hotel. There's a reason why they consistently get five-star reviews--it's because it really is a five-star venue. Planning a wedding is super stressful, and the support we received from the entire Sterling team during the entire process was invaluable to the success of our day.
    We got married here Oct 13, 2019 and I can't imagine our day getting any better. Everyone told us to be prepared for something to go wrong, but nothing did. I credit this towards the amazing staff members. Hannah was our day-of coordinator and Lauren and Kali also helped us as well. Everyone was thoughtful and always willing to help. Importantly, no one was pushy or rushed us to make any decisions.
    Communication with the staff was easy and their coordination with the vendors (Wild Flowers, DJ Preston, Karen's Bakery) felt seamless and required very little to no effort on our part--a huge relief, especially in the busy days leading up to the ceremony! The food was excellent, we got a lot of compliments. (My aunt gave the salmon rave reviews, and she has an extremely high bar for what constitutes quality food.) The venue itself is beautiful and tidy.
    We enjoyed all of their vendors too! DJ Preston is da bomb diggity. He definitely knows how to keep the dance floor going, fading out songs if he noticed that the group wasn't feeling it. Wild Flowers DG was great to work with too. The flowers were fresh and gorgeous, and they were so easy to work with. Our cake from Karen's was delicious--our only regret was that we didn't eat more of it.

Sent on 10/23/2019

Diana Rey · Married on 09/21/2019

Fabulous and Amazing Location & Staff

We cannot thank the staff at Wedgewood Sterling enough! Our day was that of a fairy tale and perfect because of their hard work and dedication. From the coordinators to the awesome DJ Preston who had the dance floor packed all night the the delicious food. Everyone had an amazing time and it was effortless for us!

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 6
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 7
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 8
    Sent on 10/07/2019
  • Kaelin

Kaelin azbell · Married on 07/22/2019

Amazing staff and venue

Words cannot express how amazing the staff is. They were so helpful every step of the way leading up to the big day. Our wedding day was everything my husband and I could've imagined, and completely stress free. The venue is incredible and so beautiful!

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 9
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 10
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 11
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 12
    Sent on 08/20/2019

Mathew Bowen · Married on 07/12/2019

Amazing time

Couldn’t of had a better time anywhere else. They took care of everything and were amazing.

Sent on 07/18/2019

Angelina · Married on 01/15/2019

The perfect day ❤️

I can’t remember names (just because I suck at that) BUT the ladies were a pleasure to work with! Everything was really easy and affordable! My husband and I had a small wedding of 20 people and it’s hard to find a vendor that looks nice for a small wedding... this place was perfect. The ballroom was beautiful and amazing for reception. The food was delicious and the servers were fantastic. They really made sure things went smoothly for me and my nervous self. Thank you staff at the Sterling Hotel, for the best day of my life. ❤️

Sent on 01/29/2019

Maria · Married on 08/18/2018

Although this was the second wedding for me and my husband, they made our time truly a memorable one. Kelsey was very detailed, to every bits and pieces you can think of. We included everything in our package except the photographer and videographer. Our officiant was Rev Rick Tan. He helped us personalize our vows and our DJ was Preston Murray. He gave a great life to our wedding reception. Our coordinator Hannah was superb and overall they have been so instrumental to the great memories we treasure because it was just so amazing! Our guests were pleased and nothing but great comments. One even said that my party was very elegant. Thank you team Wedgewood Sterling Hotel.

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 13
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 18
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 19
    Sent on 08/23/2018

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings's reply:

Your pictures are gorgeous. We truly appreciate your feedback and are so grateful to have been part of your wedding planning experience. We wish you all the best and hope that you’ll stay in touch with your Wedgewood Weddings family! Congratulations!

Shivon · Married on 05/18/2018

I am not a review type person, but I felt it would not be right if I didn't say how much I appreciate the staff, and Kaylie and Kylie (sorry if I spelled your names wrong) They were absolutely FANTASTIC!!! They worked with me and made my wedding day the literal day of my dreams! Everything from the getting dressed to the saying goodbye was PERFECT!! They do all the work. I just got dressed (which seemed like a lot too) I have only been married now going on two weeks so I don't have the pics yet, but when I get some I will post! IT was PERFECT. Thank you doesn't seem to suffice at all!

Sent on 05/31/2018

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings's reply:

Thank you so much for your kind words! We appreciate your feedback and are so happy that your special day was a success. We wish you all the best and hope that you stay in touch with your Wedgewood family!

Laura · Married on 03/14/2018

Everything about this venue was great. First, I loved the fact that they had inclusive packages; I got my DJ and officiant as part as my package. The planning team was so helpful with everything, they answered any questions I had. The venue itself is beautiful. The food served at the reception was phenomenal. I don't have a single bad thing to say about this venue. The DJ and officiant that we booked through the venue were absolutely amazing as well. I am so happy we chose Wedgewood at the Sterling Hotel.

Sent on 03/28/2018

Pilar · Married on 03/09/2018

This venue is incredible and absolutely stunning. My husband and were recently married at the sterling and we would not change a single thing. The girls Kali and Kelsey are incredible and super attentive to detail. They go out of their way to ensure that your day is exactly how you imagine and that stress is limited.

Kali and Kelsey were very attentive and responsive throughout the whole process and our wedding day turned out exactly as we imagined. My husband and I would not change a single detail and we loved every minute of our day. Our entire family was blown away by our wedding and, not exaggerating, but every single guest has reached out to me saying it was “the best wedding they have ever been to” and that “they do not remember the last time they had that mush fun”. My vision was brought to life and I am so thankful to have found this venue and to have had this experience.

THANK YOU WEDGEWOOD FOR GIVING ME THE WEDDING OF MY DREAMS!!!!!

My guests have been raving about the day non-stop since the wedding! I would highly recommend this venue and this team. Weddings are supposed to be a celebration of your love and this venue allows you the opportunity to have the wedding of your dreams and to experience and enjoy every minute of it!!

GOOD LUCK BRIDES WITH ALL YOUR WEDDING PLANNING! I HOPE YOUR DAY IS AS UNFORGETTABLE FOR YOU AS IT WAS FOR US!!

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 20
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 21
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 22
    Sent on 03/13/2018

Stormy · Married on 01/20/2018

This was the perfect place to have a wedding. It was a dream come true. Kali was my coordinator from the very beginning and did a hands down fabulous job. She is so professional and easy to talk to. She went above and beyond for us. When I started to look around two years ago many vendors did not want to help me because my wedding was so far out. Wedgewood at the Sterling hotel treated me with respect and followed up throughout the years. I highly recommend this venue, you will be impressed and have no stress. They do everything for you.

Sent on 01/24/2018

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings's reply:

We chose Wedegewood because they offer a package deal that you can customize every part of. It makes wedding planning so much easier to have it all in one price and the money isn't bad for what you're getting. Thus far the ladies of Wedegewood have been amazing and extremely helpful.

My wedding was absolutely beautiful and felt flawless. We had Kelsey the day of our event and she was absolutely amazing. She ran things perfectly and I am so happy we went with Wedgewood and got a day of coordinator. Our day was perfect. The food was great, the service was spot on, and EVERYONE said how amazing the day was.

Sent on 09/26/2016
  • I

Ian · Married on 01/07/2017

The Wedgewood Sterling Hotel Team is very cooperative and willing to sit-down to answer all your questions. My wife and I got married back in January and we are so glad that we held our wedding at this charming venue. The historic hotel is located in the heart of downtown and is easily accessible by your friends and families on the weekends. The hotel staff, wedding packages, and even their vendors are flexible, collaborative, and cooperative. It is possible to customize the details by adding something you want or deleting something that does not seem to work. I am so glad Kali and Kelsey are patient with us because we changed our minds a few times during the whole planning process. In the end, my wife and I definitely got the wedding we planned for and we were very happy! Big thanks to the Wedgewood Sterling Hotel Team!

Sent on 06/13/2017
  • Jessica

Jessica · Married on 04/29/2016

I have to say, I love planning anything and everything under the moon and when it came to my wedding, its was no different. I recently had my wedding here Friday, April 29th, 2016. I loved that it was an all inclusive venue, but also that you didn't have to stick to what they suggested. My husband and I made changes to the packages throughout our whole planning time. Kelsey and Matt who we dealt with the most were amazing. Great communication, always flexible, and really genuine people who really just want to make your day amazing. I don't think we could have asked for a better Wedgewood team! The day of the wedding went by without a hitch. I know there were things that were bound to happen, but at this point, we just wanted to celebrate and make sure our friends and families were taken care of. In all, we were so happy and Wedgewood did an awesome job serving us and our 200 guests!

Sent on 05/21/2016

Lisa · Married on 11/28/2015

Our wedding couldn't have been more perfect. Kelsey, our Wedgwood coordinator, was absolutely AMAZING. She totally understood my vision and made it come to life from day one. Whether it be all of my little tiny details or wants from outside vendors, she made every single thing happen. Even couches and a fire pit for our cocktail hour in addition to a mariachi. Every small detail inside the ballroom was beautiful. She took the time to get to know me over the 10 month planning process and did everything in her power to make our night a dream come true. I've received nothing but compliment after compliment after compliment from all of our guests. The morning of the wedding, I went running into her office with a huge smile on my face and she greeted me with just as much excitement. The bridal suit is BEAUTIFUL to get ready in! Kelsey and her staff brought us mimosas and snacks all morning long and was constantly checking on myself and my bridal party. The banquet services during the reception were amazing. They constantly offered my husband and I food, drinks and anything we needed. They even brought us a HUGE plate of bacon wrapped scallops because they knew how much I loved them! The meal (petite filet mignon and lemon chicken) was DELICIOUS! Melted in our mouth. Kelsey was just absolutely fabulous. She let me bring in all the vendors I wanted (florist, DJ, photographer, videographer) and worked with me with the vendors Wedgwood offers. All were amazing and Kelsey made all of my dreams happen. I didn't know it was humanly possible to have THAT much fun. I seriously can't thank the Wedgwood staff enough. Our wedding was a dream come true.

Sent on 12/01/2015

Kayla · Married on 04/02/2016

My husband and I choose this venue because we feel in love with the look of it, working with Wedgewood was just a surprising bonus. The venue itself is beautiful, we used just about every room they offered, chandelier for ceremony, cellar for cocktail hour, ballroom for reception, bridal suite for getting ready and Huntington suite for the night we stayed. When we were getting ready they offered us champagne and some cheese and crackers, so sweet. They walked us through everything and was there for comfort us when we were nervous about how things would turn out. The staff was amazing at making us feel that we were never an inconvenience to them when they were answering our billion questions. During and after our wedding all of our guest came to us and told us how much they loved our venue and the staff that was working there. It is really awesome that their packages are completely customize-able, you can literally get everything done through them if you wanted to, or just a few things. My only wish is that they would add more to their invitations available, or make it where you don't have to go through them for that. but that is a small thing that wasnt that important to us. overall i would give them an A++ in everything and DEFINITELY recommend them.

Sent on 04/13/2016

Steffie · Married on 01/05/2018

Great place for having a wedding. Loved the venue, the affordability and they work so well with you to plan out your big day. They really lessen the stress with their scheduling, checklists and connected vendors. All the guests were happy and enjoyed themselves at the beautiful venue.

Sent on 03/22/2018

Brianne · Married on 11/20/2016

I wanted a wedding venue that would take care of most of the details looked beautiful and felt like the place. I found that here. It is an amazing venue and I am so happy that I was able to book my date. I know my wedding is far away but the service has been outstanding, especially since I don't live in the Sacramento area but live in Alabama. Every email is responded to super fast. This place was well within my budget, we are spending less than $5000 on the wedding and I am getting everything I want.

Sent on 01/13/2016
  • Josette

Josette · Married on 03/30/2019

Beautiful wedding

It was truly magical like I wanted. Really good service and they take of everything. All the vendors in one and you just pay them and let them know what you want and they will put it together. It was nice on the day of the wedding to not have to have my friends and family doing all that work and they were able just to arrive all dressed with their makeup done, relax, take pictures and enjoy our special day. I would always recommend hiring coordinators even if it's more money. A lot less stressful.

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 23
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 24
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 25
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 26
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 27
    The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings 28
    Sent on 04/07/2019

The Sterling Hotel by Wedgewood Weddings's reply:

Hi Josette! Beautiful photos! Thank you so much for taking the time to post your feedback about your experience with Wedgewood Weddings. It is truly our pleasure to be part of your special day. We wish you a lifetime of love and happiness together and congratulations!

montina · Married on 06/13/2015

THIS PLACE IS STUNNING..VERY BEAUTIFUL.

Sent on 12/16/2014

Alyssa · Married on 08/06/2016

We booked The Sterling Hotel through Wedgewood for our ceremony and reception. We were able to choose a ceremony space between the ballroom and the hotel upstairs and we chose the ballroom. It is such a beautiful location, great price, and they can make almost everything all inclusive. The only outside vendors we had to use were a videographer (which can be gotten through there recommended vendor Tracey Hedge, but we went another way) and the bridal boutique for the dress.

There are several different types of packages: crystal, silver, gold, emerald, and millennium. This is all available on their website. We got the silver package which included DJ services, dinner, invitations, a champagne toast, cheese and cracker appetizers (during cocktail hours), wine with dinner, and a flameless candle centerpiece that we chose to forgo. We were told we could pay per person to upgrade any of the services. For example, it was $6 per person to have flower centerpieces provided by a vendor they work with.

We did not have to do much upgrades (we got a dessert bar for $6 per person and they have the same price if you want a cake) because Wedgewood is currently having a special where customers can get three select things for free. You could get upgraded lighting, $500 towards the bar, upgraded chairs, upgraded appetizers, and coordination services.
    We got $500 towards the bar, coordination services, and upgraded appetizers (we got to choose 6. The potstickers were great). This was like getting the gold package but only paying for the silver package.

The day went smoothly (I would definitely recommend the coordination services) and I wouldn't change venues for anything!

Sent on 08/22/2016

Kelsey (our day of coordinator) is AMAZING! She is so kind and so sweet and went far beyond above and beyond for us. We had a lot of personalizing touches for the off cite ceremony at the rose garden and she made every ounce of it beautiful and worry free. All I had to do was wake up and show up. Everything ran so smooth and went so seamlessly even I was amazed, and I don't impress easily.
    I cannot remember our catering lead name but she was so accommodating, checking in with us throughout the night, making sure we we "watered and fed" seeing how we were doing. Amazing.
    Alina and Chris our emcee and DJ were great. They followed our lead when it came to the program of the night. The announcements could have been better and there were a few songs that were played that we not on our list but overall great service.
    He flower vendor, very easy to work with but did not capture what I was wanting. It turned out nice overall. The bouquets were beautiful though.
    Reverend Jose was great! He did an amazing job! Could not have asked for anything better.
    The food, I was underwhelmed with but everyone was seeming to really enjoy it so, overall a win.
    Overall, the vendors are difficult to get ahold of or a response from but they pulled it all together and made our day amazing!

Sent on 05/25/2016

Eleanor · Married on 10/06/2017

The Sterling Hotel is a charming venue and conveniently located in downtown Sacramento. Its all-inclusive packages really made wedding planning essentially stress-free and proposes a great value, especially for couples who are working with specific budgets. The Wedgewood Team - wedding coordinators, banquet captains, vendors - were attentive, flexible, and really made our wedding reception run pretty seamlessly. Our guests had a blast and my husband and I both enjoyed ourselves and being with our guests.

Sent on 11/01/2017

1.0

In short: this is a venue that will lie to wring every last cent out of the hotel.

I booked before the Sterling Hotel was bought by Wedgewood. Our wedding was today, 05/16/15. While the ceremony itself was a lot of fun, none of that can be chalked up to Wedgewood.

In short: Wedgewood booked another wedding in their lobby during our wedding. When we booked our wedding (and blocked out the entire hotel), we were told no other parties would be booked that weekend. That changed with the sale to Wedgewood. Annoying but since they told us it was a "small anniversary dinner." It was another wedding.

As you can imagine, at least four sets of our guests went to the wrong wedding before realizing there was another wedding downstairs.

Sounds like no big deal? Though we had the ballroom and downstairs bar booked (I'll mention again that the original deal was the full hotel), Meghan, the coordinator, told the photographers to "keep us away from the front of the building," then suggesting a parking lot around the corner. That's totally inappropriate for a five-figure contract. This other wedding also left the entire porch completely off limits to photos, until I complained--and it wasn't my complaint to Meghan that fixed things, it was the other bridal party feeling uncomfortable seeing us arguing.

It's this outright lie that makes me so disgusted.

Once we managed to get photos the event went fairly well, though I was a vegetarian and the staff served me a huge plate of ham. Plus, one guest picked up a clean plate to find a literally-dirty plate underneath, and another told me that three different glasses at their table had lipstick stains when they sat down.

The hotel is beautiful, and Emily the banquet captain did her part to make sure our event ran smoothly. All banquet staff had a great attitude, and our Morningstar DJ did an awesome job.

Still, I'm completely disappointed that we'd be lied to so the hotel could make a few extra bucks.

Sent on 05/18/2015