WEDDING PLANNER 808 Reviews

116 | Honolulu, HI

116 Reviews for WEDDING PLANNER 808

• Grace

Grace Salinas · Married on 02/29/2020

Janice bachiller (wedding planner 808) - world-class wedding planner & day of coordination!

Janice (Wedding Planner 808) was our wedding planner and also our day of coordination. My now-husband and I planned our destination Hawaii (O'ahu) wedding from Maryland (Annapolis) where we lived. As a Bride, I was so stressed planning a wedding that was so far away, but my now-husband & I really wanted to get married in O'ahu. We talked to several wedding planners and we chose Janice (Wedding Planner 808) because she was very personable and nice. She was extremely helpful, responsive, creative, honest and highly organized. We constantly communicated via texts/calls/emails about every single detail of our wedding and she was very responsive. As a Bride, I would always ask her for advice/suggestions, and her suggestions/ideas made our wedding so grand and gorgeous and brought our exact vision to life that far exceeded our expectations! She also knows many people in the wedding business, and we found some of our excellent vendors through her. She's also helped us to save. Janice also helped us to come up with our wedding theme, theme colors, centerpieces design, cake decoration, and many more. She was also excellent in communicating and keeping in track of other vendors, venue and our vendor contracts. She also led our wedding rehearsal that was well-organized. I couldn't say it enough. Janice is very detailed, hardworking, and professional. She really gets to know you as a Bride & Groom, and doesn't only treat you like a client but treats you like a family. On our wedding day, Janice was also our day of coordination. She communicated with our families, vendors and wedding party of our wedding timeline and was available for answers for any questions regarding the timeline. She really made things happen! On our wedding day, we were in awe of our beautiful wedding details and experience after planning our Hawaii wedding from the mainland for more than a year. Up to this day, all of our wedding guests who came from all over the world to O'ahu kept telling us that our Hawaii (O'ahu) wedding was the most magical and best wedding that they've ever attended and experienced! We give the major props to Janice (Wedding Planner 808)! Without her help and guidance, our beautiful Hawaii wedding wouldn't have been possible! We really really really highly recommend Janice Bachiller (Wedding Planner 808)! She's a world-class wedding planner and also a day of coordination!

Sent on 03/14/2020

Anne · Married on 10/19/2019

Amazing Day of Coordinator

Janice is an amazing wedding coordinator! My husband & I live in San Diego, CA and when we decided to get married on Oahu it sounded like a perfect idea until I had to start planning our wedding. I honestly had no clue where to start. When we asked Janice to be our day of coordinator she provided me with multiple lists we needed to get done & even provided us with vendor suggestions which helped a lot. Janice was there for me when ever I had any questions throughout the planning. She helped eased my stress as our wedding date came nearer and ensured everything went smoothly on the day of the wedding. I honestly couldn’t have asked for a better coordinator. Thank you so much Janice for making sure everything was taken care of so we didn’t have to worry about anything!!

Sent on 11/18/2019
  • Jennylyn

Jennylyn Lewis · Married on 09/28/2019

Beyond grateful

From the very beginning, Janice was honestly the best. She knew when to joke around and when it’s time to get serious and I loved that! I didn’t hire her as a full time wedding planner, so I knew what the limits was and I was very aware of it. Cause I honestly wanted me and my other half to be more involved in the planning rather than someone else doing all the planning, if that makes sense. But she did provide us with guidelines to do and when to get it done, checklists and she was of course my BFF for same day coordinator. She was very patient as well when it came to mother of the bride, trying to take control. Janice knew who to respond to and I’m glad she did because our wedding night, was beyond exceptional. And thanks to her, she suggested TBTGHI as our emcees which we ended up with and so glad we did.

Thank you janice!!

Sent on 10/04/2019
  • Chester

Chester Mallanao · Married on 09/01/2019

The best of the best!

There was no doubt in our minds that hiring Janice as our Day of coordinator was the best decision we made during the process of planning our wedding. A huge weight was lifted off of my shoulders (bride) the first time we sat with Janice and went over what we wanted with a day of coordinator. She was so detailed and kept us on track with everything we needed to get done, down to packing our clothes for the hotel. Janice's day of the wedding timeline kept everything running smooth and stress free for everyone, even one of our bridesmaid said that the wedding day was so stress free compared to other weddings she had previously been a part of. She always answered our text and phone calls and also always checked and confirmed with us about any changes. With all the wedding day jitters and mixed emotions you'll need someone like Janice to make you feel at ease that everything is taken care of. Her value far exceeds the amount you spend for her services.

Sent on 09/03/2019
  • Lin

Lin · Married on 07/04/2019

A Fourth Of July To Remember!

Janice is punctional, organized, and professional when planning our dream wedding. She has years of experience working with the many vendors who operate here in Hawaii and knows which vendors work well together. She answered our questions in a timely manner and left us with an overall positive experience.

With Love,
    Mr. & Mrs. Ryan

PC: Isle Media

Sent on 11/03/2019
  • W

Whitney · Married on 06/01/2019

Thank you, Janice!

We hired Janice as our day-of coordinator for our wedding, and we are so glad that we did! We wanted to plan as much of the wedding ourselves, as we wanted our wedding to be a reflection of who we are as a couple. However, this was the first time either my husband or I had ever planned an event of this size on our own, so we knew we needed help. Each consultation we had with Janice leading up to the day was EXTREMELY productive. We went through every little detail, and she even brought up points we hadn't even considered. It was very easy working with her, as she was very responsive throughout the entire process.

Fast forward to a few weeks before the wedding, where various last minute changes were being made (and I was freaking out a little bit), but Janice remained extremely accommodating. She made all my requests seem like no problem, which eased my nerves greatly. Any request we had, she incorporated. When the day finally came, everything flowed so smoothly, and neither myself nor my husband had to worry! All I had to worry about was having the time of my life. Thank you so much for everything, Janice - you made our wedding the best day ever!

Sent on 06/05/2019

Rosalie L · Married on 02/16/2019

Stress-free Wedding Day!

I highly recommend Janice, she was awesome to work with!! As soon as I contacted her she quickly set up a consultation for me and laid out several different wedding planning packages I could choose from. She was very accessible to communicate with through phone or email anytime. We had three planning meetings before the wedding which were extremely helpful to work out all of the details, of which there were many! And the best part: I got to completely enjoy my wedding reception!! She was on the ball making sure everything was beautiful, directing all the vendors, and taking care of any and all issues that arose! We had an awesome stress-free wedding day thanks to Janice!!

Sent on 03/22/2019

cheradee · Married on 10/25/2018

Best coordinator

Janice eas awesome during the wedding planning. She may on be my day of coordinator, but she was there from the time we hired her. Being a destination wedding, it was difficult to find the things I needed, but Janice was there to guide me. I could've of dine this whole thing by myself. The day of the wedding, Annie, her assitant was the best while the ceremony was about to take place. The whole whole Wedding Planner 808 has made my day so stress free. I admit, i was still texting them while I was getting ready. If anyone does a destination wedding or even local to Hawaii, hire Wedding Planner 808.

Sent on 11/04/2018

Chad Loethen · Married on 10/13/2018

Lindsay and Chad

We had such a positive experience with weddingplanner808 and strongly recommend their services to any couple preparing to say their I do's!

Sent on 10/22/2018

aaron · Married on 04/21/2018

Janice is great at what she does! We did a destination wedding and were a bit worried with regards to organizing and choosing our vendors but Janice made the process as painless as possible. Going into the final stretch before the wedding (last month or so), Janice really starts to bring everything together and will bring your attention to details you never considered.

Sent on 04/26/2018

Kayla · Married on 03/11/2018

Janice was amazing from the beginning of planning my wedding until the day of. My wedding was a destination wedding and I had so many concerns but Janice reassured me that everything was going to turn out perfect and it did. She was there from the very beginning where we planned everything and had three meetings until the day of wedding day coordination. She had thought of things that I did not even think about. Not only was my wedding day perfect I had guests at my wedding saying how crazy it was that everything went so perfect and that usually there are a few things that go wrong. But we had NOTHING go wrong and at the end of the night Janice and her team had packed up my stuff such as decor in the boxes I had shipped them out in and taped and labeled each box. I was beyond impressed and so thankful for her! I am so thankful to Janice and her team for my PERFECT wedding.

Sent on 03/27/2018

Jamie · Married on 01/14/2018

If you are looking for a professional who feels like you’ve known her for years, Janice is for you. I was referred to her by another vendor (whom we ended up not using), and she was one of the best investments for me. I had a “simple DIY” wedding, but it went through about 10 changes before my vision came to life. Janice was there every step of the way. From venue changes, to stress of dress finding and even drama with family and friends. When I couldn’t even verbalize my vision, she got the gist of what I wanted and my night was perfect. Her team saved my friends and family the stress of setting up everything that day, and kept the night flowing despite late guests and RAIN!!! It rained. At my backyard wedding. But that didn’t even hinder my night.

Our family has two toddlers and a teenager, and she worked with us and them to create more special moments for us to treasure. Janice was flexible during our meeting sessions, coming to my house because finding a sitter is hard for us. She got to know all 3 of our children and used their characteristics to help enhance our day. Recommending our oldest as our emcee (which led to many laughs and personal stories share); helping encourage the toddlers to walk to daddy; she really became “Aunty Janice” to them.

I highly recommend Janice and her team at Wedding Planner 808.

Sent on 01/02/2018

Bud · Married on 10/22/2017

I contacted Janice on reading others reviews to handle my wedding. Flying in from Australia on our way back home from a two-week working trip, we had a short window to get married, and the planning and execution could not have been better. Janice coordinated the Officiant, the marriage licensing agent, flowers and leis, timing, permits; the whole works. Easy to reach, responsive, and an attentive ear, she converted our schedule and desires for a private and small ceremony into romance, beauty, elegance, and grace. It couldn't have been any better!

Sent on 10/30/2017

Brittney · Married on 08/27/2017

Working with Janice was an absolute pleasure. I began my wedding journey in New York but quickly had a change of heart when I saw the amazing scenery of Hawaii. My sister lives there so it was a plan we quickly sprung into action. I found my wedding planner Janice online after reading numerous reviews about her that were outstanding. I contacted her via email and received a response in less than 24hr. She provided me with unlimited consultations, texts, calls, and emails throughout my entire wedding process. I chose the best wedding package that fit my needs because planning a destination wedding without knowing a lot of resources would have been really hard without Janice's help. The day of my wedding was a breeze, all the items that I packed and wanted out on the guest tables were neatly placed and organized. Everything that was discussed during our consultations were executed. Janice even had body tape to help me with a slight dress malfunction and MADE a garter belt for me when the original one I had packed went missing. My wedding day and wedding process was easy and unstressful. I remember feeling completely calm and at ease on my special day thank you so much Janice for making this a beautiful day ill never forget. The venue I chose was Turtle Bay Resort located in Kahuku, Hawaii

Sent on 09/14/2017

Gerold · Married on 08/26/2017

Great job of ensuring everything was taken care of before the reception. During the reception they ensures we had everything we needed and took care of all of our needs. Great team work.

Sent on 09/09/2017

Gerald · Married on 08/26/2017

Janice and team was awesome and help made it memerable!

Sent on 09/14/2017

kara · Married on 08/07/2017

Janice impressed me from the start! Her prices are a bargain for the quality of her work and experience. She was easy to get in contact with anytime I had a question or just needed advice. I felt 100% confident that she would make sure my wedding ran smoothly.
    We had an unfortunate incident where a bag was stolen during the reception but Janice took care of the whole thing so professionally.
    I was able to enjoy my actual wedding day and be present in the moment all thanks to her and her team.
    I have 2 family members getting married in 2018 and I have already recommended Janice to them!

Sent on 09/12/2017
  • I

Icelynn · Married on 07/22/2017

We are the RUBIOs and tied the knot on July 22nd, 2017. We hired Janice to coordinate our wedding reception at the Honolulu Country Club. Our reception consisted of a sign in table, 'in loving memory' table, cake table, 12 count - head table, 38 wedding guest round tables of ten including custom table number signs, 42 centerpieces, 392 favors, 392 wedding programs, and 392 name place cards corresponding to assign table numbers. I also had a secondary favor she arranged beautifully at each place setting for all 392 wedding guest including the head table. We must have had more than a dozen different wedding vendors including photo, video, linen, cake, transportation, DJ, emcee, photo booth, musician, espresso bar, MUA, floral, & lion dance. Janice reviewed every single contract and coordinated & communicated with all of our vendors! She confirmed photo list with photography. Videographer day of start time with both the groom and bride separately. Janice also contacted MUA, photo,
    video, & transportation and provided our hotel room numbers the morning of our wedding day. Everything ran smoothly and per the timeline we discussed during pre-wedding meetings. We coordinated with Janice a total of 3 times before our wedding day. It was effortless communicating with Janice; she was always available via email, phone call, & text. She was very proactive and her responses were always immediate! Janice performed a fabulous job; she also handled the concerned mother of the bride. =) We couldn't have asked for a better coordinator than Janice from Wedding Planner 808. All my vendors were feed, she reminded us to take photos at our photo booth, & secured all of my gifts. I was most impressed at the end of the reception she packed and organized everything at the exit that needed to be transported home. Janice's presence allowed us and our family to relax and enjoy the wedding festivities from start to end.

Sent on 07/30/2017

Mark · Married on 07/08/2017

The best decision made! Janice made our day one to remember, spectacular service from pre planning to the last minute of the reception. A+++ to her and her team!

Sent on 07/19/2017

Cassie · Married on 06/24/2017

My experience with Janice far surpassed my expectations. She is highly professional, thoughtful, organized and all around on top of it! Planning a destination wedding can be scary, but Janice made me feel at ease with her extensive knowledge of Oahu and our venue (Turtle Bay Resort). I hired her for day-of coordination and rehearsal, but looking back I wish I'd hired her to handle it all. I'm a bit of a control freak but Janice is someone I trust and would recommend 100%. She also brought along an amazing team to assist on the day of our wedding. Thank you all.

Sent on 10/14/2017

Christine · Married on 06/03/2017

Janice and her team were amazing!!! They helped set up my floral arrangements, cakes, and centerpieces. Anytime I had questions or concerns, Janice responded right away. Thanks to Janice and her team, my wedding day was stress free!! <3

Sent on 06/13/2017

Valerie · Married on 04/29/2017

Janice and her team were phenomenal. Annie was my BFF for the day and she literally saved the day! Jamie and Chevee were in charge of my reception and they made it look like a fairytale wedding. My wedding is officially the best day of my life thanks to Janice and her All-Star team. Thank you again Wedding Planner 808.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Laura · Married on 04/15/2017

Janice was amazing! We love her! Janice made sure that every aspect of our day went according to plan and she was there for us every step of the way when it came to the planning. Janice was able to introduce us to her network of service providers where we were able to choose the perfect people to make our day simple awesome. We were able to fit it all in and receive so many compliments on all the activities, there was Hula Greeters, a Fire Knife dancer and drummer, Lion Dance blessing and even a Storm Trooper (yes, random, it was for the Hubby). All of this was thanks to Janice. I would recommend her to anyone planning an event.

Sent on 06/22/2017
  • Toni

Toni · Married on 02/17/2017

I JUST GOT MARRIED on FEB 17, 2017! I couldn't wait to leave Janice & her team an awesome review. My brand spankin' new husband actually wants to leave HIS OWN review because he is very, very satisfied! I'm from San Francisco so planning a wedding in Hawaii for about 100 people was going to take a little bit more work- A LOT OF RESEARCH! FIRST, YOU NEED A COORDINATOR! My husband told me at first that we didn't need because or our line of work. WRONG! I knew we needed one ASAP! We got engaged on NOV 6 2015. It was work & travel all year long so we booked the venue in NOVEMBER 2016 (Royal Hawaiian), Visited Oahu one more time between DEC 13-18, went to The Wedding Cafe, talked to all sorts of vendors and asked for referrals over the phone, emailed, instagram, fb, yelp! All of it! When I got back home, I still kept researching, then found Wedding Planner 808! Checked out the website, looked at services and pricing. OMG SHE IS VERY DETAILED! THE WEBSITE GIVES YOU A COMPLETE IDEA OF WHAT YOU WILL GET! HOW MANY PHONE CALL SESSIONS, HOW MANY CONSULTATIONS, THE PRICE DIFFERENCES BETWEEN DIFFERENT SERVICES... I HAD TO TELL RYAN!!! (Fiance at that time!) I know other coordinators/planners may have an enticing website or other vendors refer their friends to you but their prices may also be too much, over the top, in my opinion! I am so glad I **DID NOT** pay $3500 for a same day coordination. JANICE did wayyyyyy more than expected. She was A LIFE SAVER! She even told us that people who get married in Hawaii could be part of Hawaiian AIrlines Wedding Wings promotion! 10% off flights for B&G and 15% off flights for guests! NO ONE TOLD US THIS! We signed her contract on DEC 28, everything went smooth. She and her team MADE MY VISION COME TO LIFE! Every detail was accounted for, her team member even came to the bride's suite to see if we needed anything and made sure we were church on time. They were even helping clean up! Everything was PERFECT.**** REACH OUT TO JANICE aka MARIE!

Sent on 02/22/2017

Katie · Married on 01/06/2017

My husband and I planned our destination wedding from Washington, DC without an opportunity to meet any of the vendors. We had 80 guests flying to Hawaii for us, and I had a very specific idea of what I wanted. My wedding turned out exactly as planned and was the most extraordinary day of my life, and I have Janice to thank. Thanks to her organization, detail orientation, and relationships with vendors, Janice made my dream day come true! I trusted her when she recommended vendors, which was a little scary considering I am a very Type A personality. Not only were all of the vendors fantastic, but she also knew them personally, so they treated my husband and I like family. I cannot say enough thanks to Janice, and you should definitely hire her to plan your wedding. From start to finish, she is professional, sweet, caring, and kind. She will definitely make your dream wedding a reality!

Sent on 04/22/2017