Vintage&Lace Weddings Reviews

34 Reviews for Vintage&Lace Weddings

• Nicole

Nicole Rushton · Married on 05/11/2019

Heather is amazing!!

Let's call Heather the bride whisperer! She was incredibly helpful throughout the entire wedding planning process. I was very spontaneous in my decision making with certain things while others, I left to Heather to help me put the pieces in place. She spent so much time getting to know us and all her recommendations were exactly what we envisioned which took stress out of the equation. There were quite a few curveballs sent our way and Heather helped us navigate and keep focused on the main goal. I could not recommend her enough - we were so luck to have worked with you!!!!

Sent on 07/27/2019

Vintage&Lace Weddings's reply:

Thank you Nicole! It was such a pleasure getting to know you and helping your dream become a reality!

Alice Anderson · Married on 09/29/2018

Indispensable

Heather is worth every penny and more. Not only is she completely professional, but she made me feel like my much more qualified friend was helping, not just someone I hired. Although I am a native Austinite, I was planning my wedding from New Jersey while my husband and I both tackled new jobs as attorneys. Heather took the time to discuss what kind of wedding planner we needed her to be (e.g. hands-on, strict to the budget, one that provided many options or only a few options to keep us from being overwhelmed). My husband and I both worked long hours and needed someone to gently but firmly keep us on track with planning. Heather had a great sense of what we would like, and when we needed to hear the good, the bad, and the ugly truth about wedding planning. The best part about hiring Heather was that I have no idea if anything went wrong on our wedding day because Heather handled everything. All I remember is having a great time with my friends and family.

Sent on 10/30/2018

KK · Married on 04/14/2018

Hiring Vintage&Lace was the best decision I made throughout this whole process, and it was worth every penny! As an event planner myself, it can sometimes be difficult to let others take the reins on a big event, but with Heather, I felt completely at ease and confident that she would take care of everything. Her promptness, professionalism, attention to detail really allowed me to relax and enjoy the day without worrying about a thing. Loved working with her and would definitely recommend to anyone needing a coordinator!

Sent on 04/20/2018

Allie · Married on 11/11/2017

Heather with V&L made our day (and weeks leading up to it!) an absolute breeze. She jumped in a few weeks prior to finalize details with vendors and even a bit earlier to go over our day-of timeline and items we would be bringing. Her list helped me to realized that we forgot about some important things - like reserved signs for the ceremony and table numbers! But most importantly, we are in awe of her ability to gracefully get people moving and stay on track on our wedding day. My husband recalls the coordinator at his best man’s wedding being not the sweetest lady to put it mildly, but Heather is an absolute pleasure both in planning and implementing our wedding! As an event planner myself, I was worried I would have a hard time relinquishing control. But as things came nearer, I handed over the reigns and felt confident that Heather would be able to make the right calls. And she did! I was able to relax and she took care of any issues that popped up, including all of the DIY items that I wanted to include. We highly recommend hiring Heather! It was some of the best money we spent on our wedding!!!!

Sent on 11/20/2017

dana · Married on 11/04/2017

If you're looking for a true professional, someone who will feel like your friend by the time your big day comes - hire Heather. She's not only professional, but she's also just tremendously good at what she does. She was my calm under pressure every step of the way and truly made my wedding day unforgettable. Heather recommended the most incredible vendors, all of whom surpassed our greatest expectations. If you want the months leading up to your wedding to be fun and exciting rather than stressful and overwhelming, Heather is your girl - hands down!

Sent on 11/08/2017

Sarah · Married on 06/10/2017

Hire Heather! Our wedding was an absolute dream and we were truly able to ENJOY ourselves only because Heather was there to ensure every single thing was in order. Heather both executed our ideas perfectly and was able to fill in creatively when we were out of ideas. We never felt rushed or stressed or in any sort of crunch during the entire planning process and on the day of we were truly able to focus our attention on our friends, families, and each other. We could tell our vendors love working with Heather, as well. She clearly has a great rapport with the Austin wedding planning community but also puts her clients first. Really, hire her! You'll be so glad you did.

Sent on 06/27/2017

Evonne · Married on 05/28/2017

Heather, Vintage & Lace – exceptional!

We hired Heather as our Day of Coordinator and her professionalism and organization are truly unmatched! Not only is Heather an exceptional planner, she exhibits such a calming presence which allows you to feel instantly at ease. My husband and I live in New York and you can imagine the hesitation we initially had to hire an out-of-state planner. After my first call with Heather there was no doubt in my mind she was a rock star in this business and made the decision for us very easy. Our wedding day ran so smoothly and effortless – we can’t thank you enough Heather! She is the absolute best coordinator Austin has to offer.

Sent on 10/30/2017

Ria · Married on 10/29/2016

Do not try to plan your wedding without Heather! We had a pretty complex wedding - multiple vendors, out of town guests, transportation etc., and Heather lead the entire process every step of the way. I'm pretty type A and thought I could plan our wedding myself but after a couple of weeks in I asked Heather to take over. I'm so thankful I found her. Our wedding was perfect, everything ran smoothly with every single vendor and she really honed in on my sense of style. All our guests were amazed with the styling of the event and how seamless the day/night went. I am so glad we invested in her services!

Sent on 12/17/2016

Allison · Married on 07/30/2016

Heather came recommended to me from a wedding planner who did a friend's wedding that had since gone in-house at a venue I was not interested in. When I checked out her reviews, I thought this was too good to be true, but it wasn't!
    We had a phone call and scheduled to meet in person. I live in Dallas, and was going to be home in Austin for Christmas. Through terrible weather and scheduling around family events the four of us (my parents, fiance (now husband), and I) plus Heather made the meeting happen.
    When Heather said she worked in google docs and color coded schedules, I knew we were a match. We hired Heather to help plan for the duration, not just the day of.
    I wasn't the bride who had a vision book for her wedding or has known what she wanted since she was 4. But Heather knew the right questions to ask to get vendors narrowed down so I wasn't overwhelmed with choices.
    When we looked at venues, one coveted place said they had a cancellation that had just opened up a spring Saturday 6 weeks away. My fiance and I started going toying back and forth with the idea and Heather didn't skip a beat. She said it was possible, but that we'd have to make decision much more quickly.
    Well, cooler heads prevailed and we went with a date 6 months out. Still a challenge, but Heather was up for it and executed it flawlessly.
    I was never stressed that things weren't going to get done. Everything was taken care of and I had an amazing time at our beautiful wedding. Heather deserves a huge thanks for her major part in that!

Sent on 09/20/2016

We realized the need for a day-of wedding coordinator when we were already a couple months into our planning process. We did some research online and held several phone interviews with area "day-of" coordinators, and Heather of Vintage & Lace Austin seemed to be the best fit for us. Now, two weeks after our big day, I can honestly say that we hit the JACKPOT in hiring Heather! Throughout the process of planning your wedding, you'll make many decisions and invest in many vendors and services, and Heather will be one of the BEST investments you make. She is friendly, business-like, focused, and organized. She is quick to return calls and emails, and she never fails to follow through on a task. She thought of a hundred things that would never have occurred to us, regarding wedding preparation. To say that the wedding day ran smoothly was an understatement. Heather heads-off problems and hiccups before they occur and helps in ways that you can't even imagine on the day of the wedding. Both of my sisters got married without a wedding coordinator, and the difference in everyone's relaxation level with Heather on the job was astounding. A number of guests and family members commented on how excellent she was. Our job was to have a good time, and her job was everything else! On the morning of the wedding, she brought countless important items and set everything up, and at the end of the night, everything was neatly packed up and put away while my husband and I chatted with friends and family and finished a glass of champagne. It was truly like a miracle. We didn't have to worry about or attend to anything. Heather's style is chic and sophisticated, and she recommended fantastic vendors and had great styling tips for us. She helped us save some money by advising that we invest in certain areas and avoid spending in others. Our only regret was that we didn't hire Heather earlier and in a greater styling and planning capacity. Thank you, Heather!

Sent on 05/23/2016

Lindsey · Married on 11/22/2015

Hiring Heather was one of the best decisions we made in planning our wedding! I cannot possibly give her a higher recommendation. She was with us every step of the way. She is smart, dependable, timely and a pleasure to be around! Simply put, she is the best!

Sent on 07/15/2016

Rhiannon · Married on 09/26/2015

We hired Heather at Vintage & Lace because of the amazing reviews she had, and we couldn't have been happier with her help. We had Heather do full-service planning, decorating, and day-of coordination. We really liked that she offered each service on its own. Many other planners we researched only offered the full-service planning with the full package which could cost a fortune. Since we were planning a wedding from 1,500 miles away, this was critical and Heather offered it without the decoration services. We ultimately added decoration because Heather had great ideas and we couldn't DIY much from afar, but even then her services were very reasonably priced. More importantly, she's a terrific person to work with.

Heather is not only an organizational genius but a truly sweet person who helped us navigate the million choices involved in wedding planning (while she was planning her own wedding no less). She did an excellent job of helping us focus on the priorities for exactly the kind of wedding we wanted, and selecting vendors who would understand those priorities. Since we are the types to agonize over choices and details, Heather was a huge help in getting us through those hurdles. Her timeline was tailored to our long engagement and kept us on top of things so it never felt too overwhelming. Our wedding went off without a hitch, people said it was beautiful, and because Heather had everything under control we (and our families/friends) were able to enjoy the day! We still can't believe how fabulous and fun our wedding was, and it wouldn't have been possible without Heather. We would recommend her in a heartbeat, especially to people planning from out-of-state!

Sent on 01/24/2016

I have only good things to say about Heather. She really made our wedding possible! I was planning it from afar and having her help and experience made all the difference. I would strongly recommend her to any bride or groom. She is kind, caring, and very on top of her stuff. Heather helps to take the stress out of the day and allowed me to really focus on what was important- getting married! She is flexible, fun, and a has a great eye for detail. She was great at providing suggestions when I just didn't know where else to turn. And I have noticed, anyone that has the pleasure and privilege of working with Heather only has good things to say.

Sent on 08/10/2015

You MUST use Heather at Vintage & Lace Weddings as your wedding coordinator!! I thought planning a wedding would be so easy and I quickly realized I was in way over my head. I decided to use a wedding planner and after finding Heather, it was like the biggest weight was lifted off my shoulders. She created a wedding timeline for each month leading up to the wedding that we could follow to know what needed to be done and when. She gave us countless vendor options and was in constant communication with the ones we chose. But as great as she was in the months leading up to the wedding, she was a true star when it came to the day of. She had a whole schedule created and sent to all the vendors so everyone was on the same page, she gave her number to everyone so they contacted her and not me, and she made the whole day stress free for me. When finally something came up that was out of her control, mother nature, she stepped up big time and turned the dining hall into the most beautiful ceremony sight I have EVER seen, and all while kept me calm as I cried in a back room because of the crazy storm going on outside. I truly cannot speak highly enough of Heather and promise you that you would not be disappointed at all by using her services. CALL HER NOW AND YOUR WEDDING WILL BE EVERYTHING YOU COULD HAVE DREAMED!!

Sent on 06/12/2015

Angela · Married on 05/28/2015

For anyone looking for a planner...you must use Heather at Vintage & Lace weddings.

The whole experience was seamless, fun and exactly what we were after. We had just moved to Austin so quite frankly, we did not know where to start. Heather literally held our hand because we needed it, and introduced us to endless amounts of suppliers and allowed us the freedom to choose what we wanted whilst ensuring the right types of suppliers and locations was presented to us so we could make a decision.

Most important point I'd like to make is that on the day of the wedding, we did not have to co-ordinate anything...everything was perfect!

Thank you Heather for making our special day so special!! We could not have done it without you! xx

Sent on 06/12/2015

Jamila · Married on 05/09/2015

Heather did an phenomenal job coordinating our wedding. Heather is extremely organized and created a thorough wedding timeline to help guide us on our big day. When my husband and I were overwhelmed with wedding planning, Heather was quick to step in and work closely with each of our vendors. The day of the wedding, Heather handled any challenges that came her way flawlessly. As a bride, I was completely carefree and stress free on my wedding. I strongly recommend using Heather for any event planning and coordination. She did an amazing job!

Sent on 05/14/2015

Selecting Heather to be our planner was probably the best wedding decision we made. After trying to do some of the design work ourselves, we even ended up hiring Heather for portions of that. There is no way our wedding would have gone as smoothly and looked as great as it did without her help. We had an absolutely wonderful day, and we got tons of compliments on the decorations and the flow of the event.

Leading up to the wedding, Heather was available when we needed her, even though I'm sure she had many other clients. She made time to videoconference with us, and was responsive to my emails. She came to meet in person at the venue with the onsite coordinator. I was very glad to have expert help when listening to the two professionals discuss options I didn't know existed!

After we hired her to help decorate, we shared some ideas back and forth (lots of pinterest) and settled on some concepts. Heather took care of finding the vendors and providing quotes for us to OK. She did an amazing job staying within our budget while being dead on matching the design to the final outcome. She even did pick up / drop of instead of delivery for some of the rentals to save us a little money, which was definitely above and beyond. She also made our table labels for us and provided smaller items like the flower girl baskets and chalkboard signs without charge.

On our wedding day, we basically had to show up and follow her direction. She handled all of the setup and decor placement, and managed the vendor deliveries. If there were issues, I never heard about them. As the evening progressed, she would discreetly come over to cue us (and the DJ, and photographer) to the next event - time for toasts, garter toss, etc. She stayed calm when we got behind schedule, but made sure to get us back on track. At the end of the night, we got to head out and Heather took care of the cleanup for us so we didn't have anything to worry about.

Sent on 05/13/2015

Shanaz · Married on 02/14/2015

Heather Sorenson from Vintage and Lace Austin is a rock star!! To describe what a pivotal role Heather played in our wedding Ill need to tell you a bit about our wedding. We had both recently moved to Texas while most of our family was still on the East Coast. We had been engaged a year and still hadn’t done anything in the way of planning. We knew what we wanted but our jobs kept us so busy that we never had time to execute anything. We lived in Houston but planned to host our wedding in Austin. In addition, 80% of our guest list was from the east coast. This is when I decided we must hire a wedding planner and boy did we luck out in getting Heather! She made the entire process so easy and stress free!! I shared my vision with her and she did all legwork in reaching our to vendors and making appointments. More importantly, she was spot in the vendors she contacted. Since we were driving back and forth to Austin for these meetings the less we had the better. She has such great experience and always had great ideas and suggestions. She was always very cognizant of our budget (even when I may not have been). As a type A personality myself one of the greatest things I appreciated about heather were her excellent organizational skills and her timely and professional manner. She always treats you as if you are her only client although I know she is a busy woman. Having a wedding planner like Heather throughout the entire process is the reason the big day ran smoothly. Setting aside the business aspect, she really is a gem of a person. She has great relationships with vendors and they all love working with her. I am so thankful and grateful to Heather for her help and guidance in planning our wedding. Our wedding weekend was the greatest weekend of my life! So if you are looking for a wedding planner, look no further and contact Heather Sorenson, Vintage and Lace.

Sent on 03/26/2015

Conway · Married on 12/31/2014

What a difference Heather Sorensen made in the success of our daugher and her husband's wedding at The Driskill Hotel in Austin, Even after a month I can only reflect on the unfolding of the day as perfectly orchestrated. It is apparent that Heather loves her job. She is masterful in her tone and her execution. She made the day very special for our whole family.

Sent on 02/05/2015

Aanchal · Married on 11/15/2014

We hired Heather to be our wedding co-ordinator for a two- day Indian wedding at Horseshoe Bay resort and she did a fabulous job. A two-day indian wedding comes with its own set of challenges, but I have to say Heather did a wonderful job. She took the time to understand the different customs and traditons and made sure events proceeded as scheduled. She met with us at the resort a couple of months prior to the event and had wonderful ideas to add. She also brought her own chalk board signs and easel for our wedding. Heather was efficient and very helpful in making sure all the vendors were where they needed to be.

Sent on 11/26/2014

heather · Married on 11/08/2014

Heather at Vintage and Lace was an absolute godsend in helping me pull off my dream wedding at the Kali Kate. I used all of the services she offers and it made everything from planning to the day of go smoothly. She has great taste, is always mindful of budget, responsive and all around fantastic wedding planner.

I was in graduate school during the planning phase so I had limited time to spend looking up vendors, visiting them, and just making decisions. I heavily relied on Heather’s opinion and expertise on the best vendors and what was considered reasonable pricing. She was incredibly responsive to any issues or questions I had, typically responding within a couple of hours. She was organized and reminded me when I needed to make payments, when contract deadlines were, what tasks needed to be completed, and tracked my budget. It was great to be in contact with only one person instead of getting tons of individual vendor emails. She really knows her stuff and was a great guide planning such an important event.

On top of all of that she’s a lovely and genuine person and an absolute pleasure to be around which is important since you can spend a lot of time with your wedding planner! She is trustworthy, capable, and firm which put me completely at ease with her handling and coordinating a very important day! I highly recommend Heather at Vintage and Lace for your wedding planning.

Sent on 12/03/2014

I worked with Heather Sorenson at Vintage&Lace and she was spectacular. Investing in her was the best money spent on the wedding. She was confident and bold without being pushy or controlling. She was very organized and had many key ideas that pulled everything together. For example, taking initiative to practice with the flower girl on how to throw petals. Heather had the details down. And she made me think of things I had missed, when I was sure I had thought of everything. And the very best part was that on the day of my wedding, I did not have one thing to worry about. She took care of it all, and even came to me and asked if I needed anything and brought me another glass of champagne. I felt cared for without being smothered. She also got along well with the guests. Not only is she organized and detail-oriented, she also has a calming effect. With her around you just know everything is going to be ok.

Sent on 09/03/2014

I cannot thank Heather enough for making my wedding day the most amazing day of my life!! She blew me away at our very first meeting with her professionalism, passion, and dedication to making sure my vision for my wedding was executed to very last detail. I had met with a few wedding planners before finding her and none of them even came close to making me feel like they cared about making my day as special as she did.

I really appreciate how quickly she responded to all of my questions and how organized she was. She really went above and beyond my expectations for a day-of coordinator - on more than one occasion she almost seemed to read my mind and send me e-mails with information and answers to questions that I hadn't even asked yet. At the wedding, my dress kept coming un-bustled and within a second, Heather was by my side to fix it. I had lots of DIY decor that I wanted set up around the venue. I was so worried that it would be too much for anyone to set up, especially the way I wanted it. Not surprisingly, on the wedding day I found everything to be set up exactly the way I wanted it - not a detail was missed. I really wish there was a way to give more than 5 stars on value, because I would!

She is very thorough and will make sure that your day runs smoothly, so that you can just relax and enjoy it.

If I were to do it all over again there is absolutely no way I would've chosen any one else as my wedding planner.

Sent on 06/01/2014

If you're looking for a day-of coordinator who is responsive, well-organized, innovational, and just overall cool, Heather is exactly those things and more.

My husband and I had a small wedding, with lots of DIY decor, and a slim budget. My intention was to hire a coordinator to decorate the reception venue so I wouldn't need to burden my friends or family with that task. What I didn't realize is that I had overlooked so many details of the wedding, the rehearsal, etc. Heather was there to help me iron out the kinks and was able to do so within our budget.

Any time I had a question or needed a recommendation, Heather responded to me quickly. She made me feel like I was a priority at all times.

She took the time to understand what my vision was for the wedding. She offered various options in how to proceed with the overall flow, from the processional to speeches, to setting up the decor, to the amount of alcohol to purchase for our guests.

I was able to relax and have an amazing time at my wedding thanks to Heather. Her expertise and demeanor are invaluable.

Sent on 05/18/2014