Villa La Joya Reviews

Villa La Joya 7
  • Leila

Leila Depina · Getting married on 05/10/2020

Amazing Owner

The owner is amazing, very professional and A+ customer service.

Sent on 08/26/2019

Ryan · Married on 01/05/2019

Perfect Venue

Villa la Joya was absolutely amazing. It was the perfect venue for our group of 82 people. It felt cozy without being too crowded. The layout in the backyard was perfect for our group of 82 people. The pictures don't do la Joya justice as far as how pretty it is. It's the perfect place for a ceremony.

Sent on 03/23/2019
  • Y

Yuliya · Married on 11/23/2017

I don't even know where to start...Mike and Irma, mama Nina, and everyone else at Villa La Joya - Thank you! You have no idea what you've done. You made my dreams come true!!! I honestly couldn't wish for a better place to become a wife and to celebrate such an amazing event with our closest friends. It was perfect!
    Thank you all again!

Sent on 01/08/2018
    Villa La Joya 8
    Villa La Joya 9

Lucy · Married on 10/07/2017

Mike and Irma,

thank you so much to you and your dream team (Domingo, Lola and company) for the attentions this Saturday, we are fully satisfied with your services.

Mike thanks a lot for the trust, it is needless to say you have a breathtaking property and an amazing hard working family!

We want to thank you and Irma for the support since day 1, with the weather craziness we were afraid things would get complicated but what we found was a fully supportive team in you and the other suppliers.

Please give thanks on our behalf to Domingo, who helped us all night long with the Villa logistics and the transportation for the guests, Lola too, she helped us all night with the restrooms logistics and they had always the best attitude.

Without doubt this will be the first of many more weddings and events!

Sent on 10/10/2017

Maria · Married on 06/19/2017

Muchas gracias a Villa La Joya por recibirnos de una forma tan cálida y hospitalaria. Son unas excelentes personas!!!

Sent on 06/19/2017

Claudia · Married on 06/15/2017

La mejor atención! y el lugar súper padre con todo lo necesario para realizar un evento inolvidable

Sent on 06/15/2017
  • Y

Yesica · Married on 03/17/2017

Villa La Joya was an amazing location couldn't of asked for a better location for our wedding reception. Everything was above and beyond the staff and the owner were super nice and very flexible with our request. If we could do our wedding again we would pick this location for sure. Our guests are already requesting for an anniversary party at Villa La Joya. We highly recommend this place for a destination wedding location!

Sent on 03/26/2017

Jose · Married on 03/17/2017

AWESOME VENUE!!!!! Villa La Joya in pictures looks beautiful but actual real life view is AMAZING!!! I would definitely love to come back and experience the view Villa La Joya offers. LOVED IT!!

Sent on 03/26/2017

Simon · Married on 11/09/2016

We got married here 10 days ago. Pictures are beautiful but in person its even better. Its right on the beach yet elegant setup for the whole event. The Administrator of the property really worked with us to get use the beauty of this house to its full potential. Mango Events coordinated all the communication for us but it was truly an amazing experience.

Sent on 11/19/2016
  • Natalia

Natalia · Married on 03/19/2016

I was the wedding planner for this wedding and the Venue Villa La Joya it is absolutely georgeous!!!. The Best place for Weddings on the beach and the staff VERY professional so I will recommend it to all my clients.

Sent on 03/22/2016
  • I

Isabell · Married on 03/19/2016

Villa La Joya is a dream come true! Our wedding was a memory we will cherish for the rest of our lives! We did not want to have our wedding at a resort to avoid all of the potential onlookers. We fell in love the moment we saw Villa La Joya. So many of our guests complimented on how gorgeous it is and the setting was something out of a movie. It was absolutely spectacular! If you are looking for an unbelievable venue with the privacy and beauty that will blow your guests away, we highly recommend considering Villa La Joya for your special day!

Sent on 04/01/2016

Nicole · Married on 10/31/2015

Villa La Joya was just perfect - everything we were looking for in a venue! From the gorgeous architectural beauty of the Villa to the perfectly designed grounds and stunning ocean view, this was the ideal location for our big day. The staff was incredibly helpful, professional, and always quick to respond. Not only that, but the property manager, Irma, was fantastic - her vendor recommendations were more reasonable than those recommended by my wedding planner (I found my planner on my own). The staff went above and beyond, and by far exceeded all my expectations.

I also decided to rent a condo (same property owners) down the road on the day of the wedding, in order to have a space close to the venue for my bridesmaids and myself to get ready. My hair and makeup artists met us there, and it worked out perfectly. The Villa was less than 2 min down the road.

If you are considering a beach wedding, but want a setting that is more elegant and private than a resort for your guests, then Villa La Joya is definitely worth exploring. The place is absolutely gorgeous, and exactly what I wanted for my big day.

Sent on 03/05/2016

Anant · Married on 10/24/2015

Situated perfectly in the middle of Puerto Morelos and Playa del Carmen, Villa La Joya is the appropriate name for this hidden jewel. This marble palace, the grounds, the beach, the ocean breeze...everything is pretty much perfect.

There are a number of details that set this place apart for us beyond the flawlessly manicured grounds and the spectacular villa. The most important of which is the location. This property ensured that our ceremony and reception remained unique and private for our guests to enjoy (side note: we literally saw 7 weddings at the resort we stayed at the weekend of our site visit).

We used the front of the house for our ceremonies (we had 2 ceremonies) and the impressive patios directly to the left and right of the grand entrance were perfect spots for pictures and to entertain with hors d'oeuvres and cocktails between events. It only gets better from here. Once we walked around the side of the property we passed a grand marble fountain (perfect for photos) before eventually seeing the clear turquoise Caribbean sea and feeling the magnificent ocean breeze. One in the back, you can let your imagination run wild as it can be used in a number dynamic ways for the perfect reception.

The day of the wedding our photographer, Dean told us that this place was a photographer’s dream with so many perfect backdrops and fantastic natural lighting-he was right. Also, the property’s staff and manager were very accommodating, courteous and professional. We don’t speak Spanish so all communication was conducted in English which didn’t present a problem at all.

Many of our guests still tell us that our wedding was the best wedding they have been to and our choice of venue had a very large part to play in making it what it was. So if you are looking for a private, picturesque and all around perfect venue, Villa La Joya won’t disappoint.

Sent on 03/04/2016

Cindy · Married on 01/01/2013

Villa La Joya was the most perfect wedding and reception venue! The villa itself is absolutely stunning with the most gorgeous views of the beach and ocean. The staff was very accommodating and met all of our needs. Every detail was taken care of and we were treated like royalty. I couldn't have asked for a more perfect wedding day! I can't say enough wonderful things about this fabulous place!

Sent on 03/08/2016

Guillermo · Married on 07/23/2016

My name is Guillermo Montoya, Wedding Planner of MOVÀ eventos and I have worked in this Venue. It's really incredible, the first time you visit the house you will know for sure is the Venue for that special day, the house is extremely beautiful with sea view and one pool, it's the perfect Venue for a beach wedding.
    For the new couples that are looking for something special and unique, I recommend you talk with a Wedding Planner and visit this place, you will fall in love with it.

Sent on 07/28/2016
  • Gabrielle

Gabrielle · Married on 04/13/2019

Wedding Extavaganza

I couldn’t say more about the beautiful experience we had at Villa La Joya! So lux and gorgeous. Our families were really able to enjoy ourselves and we were able to have the wedding of our dreams. This would not have been the case at a resort. The staff and grounds are amazing!

Sent on 04/20/2019
    Villa La Joya 15
  • Yoice

Yoice · Married on 03/09/2019

The most beautiful venue

This venue was everything I was looking and more. The modern structure with the old feel of decor, the breathtaking view and it uniqueness feel is everything I dream of. I booked it without an actual visit 5 months prior to our visit to Mexico. When I went to visit the place I got all the right feelings, the energy, the goosebumps, the chills and I knew I made the right decision. Mike was very friendly thru the process and kept in touch up to our visit. We stayed at the condo they offer for our meet and greet and the ladies Charo and Carmen were so sweet and made us feel like home. We really loved the venue and I loved having an elegant ocean view wedding without being at the actual beach.

Sent on 05/15/2019

Tanya · Married on 10/10/2015

It is a spectacular place! The house is well maintained, the spaces are perfect for events.
    In our experience as a wedding planner, many brides want to get married on the beach but not in the sand ... this place is ideal for that. It allows us to create a beach wedding with a touch of elegance.
    We love working there, so we recommend

Sent on 02/12/2016

V · Married on 03/24/2018

4.2
      3.5

I had my wedding at Villa la Joya about 10 days ago. My husband and I visited the venue a year before our wedding date, and I immediately knew during the visit that it was where I imagined us getting married. The property is stunning! It provided the private, elegant, and fun atmosphere that we wanted.

The wedding day was everything I had been dreaming for, perfect weather for an outdoor setting, and space for different aspects of the wedding (ceremony, cocktail lounge area, dance floor, bar, and reception tables). I really liked that there was an attendant near the bathrooms maintaining the cleanliness of the bathrooms throughout the entire night.

My husband and I paid for interior photo shots, which I’ve gotten a sneak peak of, and they are stunning. It’s definitely worthwhile for this extra. One thing that was disappointing about my experience with this venue is regarding our rehearsal. The wedding was on a Saturday, and the rehearsal was set for Friday early evening, the venue communicated to us on Friday morning that there was an event scheduled for the evening, and it was not available to use for the rehearsal site. We ended up having to rehearse on the street in front of a condo I was staying at nearby. I would have appreciated more advanced notice about this, but more importantly, really wish we could have rehearsed at the actual venue where the wedding was going to be, like most brides get to do.

Sent on 04/03/2018