Tyars MEDIA Reviews

45 | Phoenix, AZ

45 Reviews for Tyars MEDIA

1 User photo

Chelsea · Married on 08/12/2012

We couldn't be more thrilled with our experience! They captured the vibe, the love and all of our crazy personalities perfectly. Our video had us laughing and crying hysterically. We couldn't be more happy with our entire experience. HIGHLY recommended.

Sent on 11/11/2012

Megan · Married on 04/02/2011

We knew we wanted a video done of our wedding in addition to our pictures to truly capture the look and feel of the event. We found Tyars Media during a search online and were impressed with the quality of their videos and their reasonable pricing. We booked with them and hoped for a great video of the wedding. They arrived promptly and captured ALL of our event - from pre-ceremony pictures to the last dance. The video staff were incredibly helpful and courteous, and often times, I didn't even realize they were there. They worked wonderfully with our photography staff to make sure to not appear in our pictures in the background. A few weeks later, Janae worked with us via email to finalize our preferences and compiled our video. The result was beyond our expectations. We were so happy we made the investment...it was absolutely worth every penny! We highly recommend Tyars Media for your videography needs!

Sent on 08/02/2011

Diana · Married on 11/07/2010

Tyars Media was wonderful! We decided last minute to get a videographer and were shocked on how expensive it was. When I found Tyars media, I was so excited to see how affordable they were. Janae was awesome and after meeting with her, I knew I was making the right choice. Tyars Media stayed for our entire wedding and even came to me at the end of the night to make sure they covered everything we wanted before they left. My husband and I just got our video a few days ago and we couldn't be happier with how it turned out. It looked great! Especially for what we paid!

Sent on 11/29/2010

Stephanie · Married on 09/24/2010

We were originally not going to do a wedding video due to the cost and then about 3 weeks before our wedding we decided to look into videography, I found out about Tyars and was estatic about their options as well as their afforability. We were impressed with their professionalism and how they were at our wedding from beginning to end and were even more impressed with our final DVD of the wedding. I would use them again in a heartbeat! Thank you for preserving our memories in such an amazing way.

Sent on 12/12/2010

Kristine · Married on 06/05/2010

We are so happy we went with Tyars Media! Not only a great price but great service and we love our video! Thank you Tyars Media!!

Sent on 08/12/2010

Amber · Married on 05/30/2010

Jenae and her team at Tyars MEDIA truly went above and beyond for our wedding.
    I hired Jenae because my grandparents and my husband's grandmother were unable to travel to Arizona for our wedding, but I wanted them to be able to watch the ceremony and some other various aspects of our celebration with their own eyes, albeit after the fact. Tyars MEDIA team was prompt, polite, professional, and oh-so stealthy during their filming. I was amazed at how affordable their videography packages were to begin with and I was pleasantly surprised by how far they extended their services past their contractual duties. Amazing service!
    My photographer was also pleased with how seamlessly she was able to maneuver with Jenae's team while they filmed the multiple photography sessions that took place. And I am so glad to have our 'first look' photo session captured on video as well as in pictures. Now I can share it with my mom without the awkwardness of her actually being there. Sorry, mom : )
    I can't wait to see the finished DVD and be able to share it with our grandparents! (and my mom)
    I would absolutely recommend Jenae and Tyars MEDIA to anyone interested in having videographic record of their special event.

Sent on 06/13/2010

Katie · Married on 04/22/2010

Janae with Tyars Media was an excellent videographer for our wedding!!! She was very friendly and professional throughout the entire process..from interview to the wedding day!! We are still waiting for the final video..but we are confident that it will turn out wonderful because Janae was there at every moment catching everything on film!! We noticed her in our non-professional pictures filming when we had no idea she was there! She is good!! We will update our review as soon as we recieive our video!

Sent on 05/28/2010

Dawn · Married on 03/20/2010

We were extremely happy with Tyars. They understood that we had restrictions on the amount of money we could spend but still wanted to have a nice video of the wedding. Even though we purchased their basic service, they were there for the entire wedding, including set up. They made sure all the events were memorialized in a beautiful way. They were friendly and unobtrusive. Great value for the cost. Thank you thank you thank you.

Sent on 06/25/2010

deanna · Married on 03/15/2008

Tyars Media was great!!! We actually had another company booked for our wedding in the beginning and they ended up cancelling just a few months before the wedding! If it wasnt for Tyars Media to keep me calm and let me know that they were there for us I wouldnt have had such a stress free wedding! The outcome of the videos were amazing as well! They didnt miss a memory and everytime I watch the video I cry as if I was experiencing the day all over again! Thank you Tyars Media! Yall are great!!! :)

Sent on 06/04/2012

Tyars Media was more than what we expected!! Janea was pleasant and listened to our wants and needs. From our initial phone conversation, to our first consultation she and the staff at Tyars Media implemented all of our special details with the most professionalism that we could have ever asked for. Janea was able to auto adjust things as they were happening. They were very timely with their follow ups and responses throughout the entire process. Additionally, they took special detail in the editing process. We received countless compliments on our video that was shared with family and friends. Now we get to re-live our special day over and over thanks to Tyars Media. They went the extra mile for our budget and we highly recommend Tyars Media as your videographer for your special events.

RO & O
    Gilbert, AZ.
    12.28.14

Sent on 04/07/2015

Tyars MEDIA's reply:

Thank you for the kind words! We wish you guys both the very best!

Sandra · Married on 03/15/2014

Hiring Tyars media was probably the best decision we made for our wedding. The quality of her work is impressive, especially at such a reasonable price. We were not going to get a videographer. My husband didn't think it was a needed expense. I'm so glad I fought him all the way through. He now tells me hes glad I did. Janae is professional, but very easy to talk to. The video was beautifully made, all the special moments were captured. It something we will have and treasure for ever. Although pictures are great they are not a substitute for a video.

Sent on 08/11/2014

Tyars MEDIA's reply:

Thank you for your kind review, it was a pleasure working with you and your family!

Alicia · Married on 10/19/2013

I was very happy with the services provided by Tyars Media. My only concern was it look a little longer to get my vodeo than I had expeced but they kept me informed and I was very happy with the results. Very much worth the wait!

Sent on 03/11/2014

Jaclyn · Married on 09/28/2013

Tyars Media did a great job at our wedding. I am very pleased with their work and the highlight video they put together is amazing. However, I was just a little disappointed because they had some technical difficulties so some of the scenes from my wedding are jumpy and have big red blocks running through them. They also cut out almost all of my family's speeches which is something I would have liked to hear again. Other than that, I am very pleased with their services and feel that these errors were just a one time mistake due to camera or computer issues and I am the unlucky bride that got them. They were very professional and responded immediately to any questions or concerns I had. I would definitely recommend them to any bride needing a videographer!

Sent on 01/08/2014

Danielle · Married on 03/20/2016

1.8

Disappeared with our money

We hired this company to shoot our wedding. They were great, professional at our wedding. Told us to wait 6 weeks for the wedding video. It has been 9 weeks and we cannot get anyone to return our phone calls or emails. All we want is our wedding video! If we get our wedding video, I will delete this review. This is a last resort, as all we want is a response!

Sent on 07/16/2019

Angelica · Married on 03/10/2018

1.4
      3.0
      1.0

Almost a year and still waiting for my video

I have been waiting almost a year to get my wedding video. I enjoyed working with the videographer the day of but seems like I have to constantly ask for updates on the video just to receive no response. Getting worried I may never see or get my video.

Sent on 02/25/2019

Britni · Married on 04/22/2018

1.2
      2.0

Absolutely horrible.

I’m not sure if the good reviews were paid or not, but they’re confusing to me. I had a horrible experience with janae and her company. Her husband was the videographer at our wedding and he was perfect. However, the amount of time it took to get my video back was ridiculous!! At the wedding he stated it would be 2-3 weeks for the video, but in reality it took over 6 months. This is horrible customer service! Anytime I would call/text/email I would be lucky to get a response and when I did, janae would basiclaly brush it off that it was busy season and I should just deal with the time frame. I very much regret hiring them. When I finally received my video it was average at best. Definitely wish I wasn’t so cheap when I booked them. It was a good deal, but now I see why. Quality and professionalism lacking! Check yelp reviews!! They are much more accurate!!

Sent on 05/03/2019
  • Rosa

Rosa Toscano · Married on 05/19/2018

Ruined our wedding

They are terrible people that do not reply ! For starters in the beginning I wanted to know if it really takes 11 months to receive the video as someone stated in their reviews and she said no! She said it will take 12 weeks. Lies ! It was 8 months and nothing. I messaged her and she would not reply. Then a few weeks later she emailed like 20 brides that had done business with her that she has a lot of work to do and she’s working on everyone’s business. Then it was 10 months later and I was just incredibly upset at this point. I called her and she would not answer me. She text me like a week later and told me she’s still working on it. So disappointing! I received my video 11 months later!!! And to make matters worse it was CRAP!!!! Take your business elsewhere. This person does not deserve anyone’s business.

Sent on 05/18/2019

Sky Shows · Married on 04/15/2018

missing in action

It has been almost a year and we still do not have our wedding video. I have received one message from them since then with no further explanation.

If you want your wedding video before your first anniversary, don't use this company.

Sent on 02/18/2019

Eric · Married on 04/14/2018

1.0

We’ve waited and we’re still waiting....

Stay away. It's been 10 months to the day of our wedding, and we still haven't received our wedding video or a sneak peak video for that matter. And on top of all this, Janae had the audacity to come up to my wife and I in the middle or our reception and inform us that she was leaving early (we're not even halfway into the reception at this point.) She also then proceeds to mention that we needed a flash drive to give to her, but in her lack of communication she never told us any of this. I actually met her the day of the wedding; no phone calls or emails prior to. She obviously doesn't know how to run a business because she's extremely behind with everyone's videos, and now my wife and I have little reception memories to look back upon. I would shell out the extra money and go elsewhere. Beyond frustrated and done at this point.

Sent on 02/15/2019
  • Kerri

Kerri · Married on 11/04/2017

TERRIBLE Experience and quality - do not use

The word disappointed doesn’t even begin to describe my experience and product with Tyars Media. The company and Janae herself are joke and I hope she doesn’t ruin anyone else’s wedding memories as she did ours. First off, the day of, she did not even show up or let me know she was sending a “colleague” (though later she complained to me how busy she was and couldn’t even hire help?) Janae continued to act unprofessionally the entire post-wedding process and did not deliver on her end. I waited a full year before receiving any product from her. I had to constantly email her for updates and I had been nothing but patient. Every month she granted me a new “promise” date. As the year anniversary approached, my patience wore thin. She breached her contract and refused to admit it. I offered to take a refund instead of going the legal route, but she consistently used a patronizing tone explaining why she could not ever issue a refund. She continuously gave me excuses on how busy she was with all her business and her 4 children. I am the client, as are the other brides, she accepted to take all the business, it is not my problem she cannot handle the influx in business. It is beyond inappropriate for her to show me her schedule with other brides’ names! This happened more than once and should never happen with people who value their customers. A year minus one day to our wedding anniversary we received the online version of the highlights reel. We were promised a tracking number for the DVD the next day. A month later, nothing. The highlights reel was extremely amateur. In the form for songs for the montage she requests the client not to use the songs already in the wedding, so I followed instructions. Our first dance, the music I walked down the aisle to and back up, the cake cutting, the speeches, were all covered with the montage songs. She has completely ruined the video memory of our wedding. Memories we can never get back. The raw footage she provided is also a breach of her contract as she didn’t provide all the audio so I couldn’t even bring it to a professional editor ( Janae is NOT a professional) to make a REAL video. I guess the saying “you get what you pay for” hold true for her – she gave us the Groupon rate offline of Groupon and the Military Discount. Save your heartbreak and your money. Do NOT use her. If you do, be warned: she is not mindful of her clients’ time and wants, her work is terrible quality that a child could do, if you ever even get your video or footage!

Sent on 11/29/2018

Tyars MEDIA's reply:

Thank you for your thoughtful and passionate review. I have been in business for 10 years, and I always welcome feedback so we can continue to grow and improve our business. We wish you and your family the very best and many blessings!