Truly You Events Reviews

Truly You Events 1
Truly You Events 2
Truly You Events 3

Alyson · Married on 09/01/2019

Hiring Chrissy and the Truly You Team was the best decision we made in the entire wedding process!

Words can’t explain how grateful we are to Chrissy and the Truly You team for making our wedding better than we ever could have expected. There is no need to consider working with any other event planner, deciding to work with Chrissy was hands down the best decision we made in the entire wedding planning process. Where to begin. First of all, Chrissy and her team are incredible communicators, consistently professional and easy-going, and are extremely organized. She coordinated every single detail that needed to be taken care of day-of. Her team was incredibly helpful with us and the entire wedding party making sure we always had what we needed and were where we needed to be! Both planning and day-of was not stressful because we knew that we could count on her to make everything go smoothly.

She has so much experience in this industry and always provided spot on recommendations and suggestions. She understood our vibe immediately and suggested vendors that worked well for us, it was clear to see that she was thoughtful in her recommendations because we never had to meet with too many vendors before finding the ones that worked for us. We loved that she would always give us an opinion if we asked for one, while always completely supportive with whatever we ended up choosing to do. She is really fun and easy to work with, and we couldn’t have asked for a better person to work with to make our dreams come true and more! Thank you Chrissy!!

Sent on 09/18/2019
  • Kitty

Kitty Demento · Married on 08/17/2019

Amazing, fantastic, perfection. People are still talking about our wedding and we have Chrissy to thank!!!

If you are looking for a Wedding Planner, don't go any further in your search than Chrissy Lehman at Truly You Events! If I had a nickel for every time I told her she was "worth her weight in GOLD"!
    Chrissy is kind, sweet and SO knowledgeable about the wedding scenario. Her recommendations made the difference between a great wedding to a super duper phenomenal wedding experience! Chrissy is a workhorse, indefatigable and proactive instead of reactive. She really cares. Her team during the wedding day was unbelievable- they were everywhere assisting the wedding party with everything we needed - they actually were always one step ahead of anything we desired.
    I actually forgot to purchase gifts for my grandchildren who were ring bearers that day - can you believe Chrissy not only sprinted to Target on the wedding day, but picked out just the right things for the boys??? She made me look like a hero!
    We highly recommend Chrissy at Truly You - I am very grateful for her services and so happy I found her! I can't wait for my son to propose so that I can work with her again!
    Thank you Chrissy!!

Sent on 09/11/2019
    Truly You Events 4

Danielle · Married on 05/26/2019

Can't say enough about how great TYE was

If you're debating about whether or not to have a wedding planner and then debating about who that should be, stop right there and contact Truly You Events. We debated about using a planner and we could not be more happy with TYE, it was so worth it.

Prior to the big day, Chrissy was instrumental in organizing every last detail leading up to the wedding from contacting vendors making sure everything was in check to creating a detailed timeline of everything (and I mean everything) that was going to take place the weekend of. Important details I would never have thought to discuss months before the wedding were brought up in the many conversations we had with Chrissy. Chrissy was so responsive to all our questions and concerns, nothing was left up in the air which made for a very stress free and surprising easy wedding day. My mom was very involved in the entire wedding process (and she's a very organized person in general) could not have done it without Chrissy's expertise and knowledge.

On the day of the wedding Chrissy and her team were nothing short of excellent. Any problems/concerns/questions/literally anything, someone from Truly You was there to help us and make sure everything was going as planned. We did not have to worry about a single thing because of how well organized everything was put together prior to the event and how well it was executed by Truly You. Even my husband, who was more hands off during the whole process, commented on how great it was to have a Truly You planner tell him where to go/what to do/what was happening next before the ceremony.

We could not have been more pleased with Truly You Events. If I could do it all again, I would not hesitate for a second to hire Chrissy and her team.

Sent on 06/27/2019
  • Laura

Laura McBryan · Married on 01/12/2019

Chrissy was the best decision ever

I don’t even know where to begin that will capture how crucial Chrissy was to our wedding planning, wedding day itself or how grateful we feel to have found her. Our moms actually deserve the credit for finding her at a Constellation wedding event at the Horticulture Center about a year before our wedding. When I met her I was a little surprised she was so laid back, easy to talk to and anything but pushy (I think I just thought of wedding planners as being the most annoying type A personalities on the planet, haha sorry). I described pictures of a winter wedding at the Horticulture Center that I had seen from a few years back that basically embodied what I wanted. This wedding was somehow different from what I had seen so many times. Chrissy immediately knew exactly what wedding I was talking about, because she planned it. My fiancé and our moms were equally as excited about Chrissy’s laid back, but ‘get things done approach’.
    We met Chrissy in January and by mid-February my fiancé and I were completely in awe by everything she had already done for us; vendor suggestions to meet our budget and fit with our personalities, timelines, budget guidelines, answers to all of our questions, the list goes on and on. Chrissy’s organizational skills alone are something that she could teach a college course on. She gave objective advice for family and bridal party involvement, and helped plan how we wanted our wedding day to flow. In short, we told her what we thought we wanted, or rather did not want (but really we had no idea) and she created something that was literally perfect. I told her I wanted good lighting and dark and moody flowers and she brought together the most beautiful room I have ever seen.
    Because of Chrissy and her team, my wedding day was easy, it flowed, and I was stress-free. She and her team are nothing short of amazing, there are truly not enough good things to say about every aspect of what she offers. Chrissy, we love you and now will have to start making decisions on our own!

Sent on 01/18/2019

Caitlin O’Neill · Married on 12/22/2018

The best!

Seriously, Chrissy and TYE are the BEST!!! We can not thank Chrissy enough for everything she did to make our wedding weekend the most amazing time! We did not have to worry about one thing and were able to enjoy every little moment of the weekend!

From the beginning of our planning, Chrissy was so helpful! We had a difficult transportation situation moving between 3 locations that weren’t the closest to each other, but with Chrissy’s recommendations and relationships with businesses in Philly, we knew we were in great hands! We had exactly what we needed and it worked out perfectly for the day of! Chrissy was always prompt in responding to any emails from us, and with her planning paperwork, I knew that she was covering all bases and we were in the best hands! I am not the most detail-oriented person, so having Chrissy made me feel so comfortable knowing she thought of everything and could handle anything!

For our rehearsal, we were very strict in our time frame to get back into the city for dinner, and with it being a holiday weekend, we didn’t know what we’d get traffic-wise. This was one thing I was anxious about, but with Chrissy there, the priest agreed we only needed to practice once, haha, and everyone was on time. Or so I thought... afterwards I found out the deacon thought the rehearsal was a half hour later, so Chrissy called and they sent the priest over to run the rehearsal! I didn’t even know this happened until afterwards! Another reason Chrissy is the best!

On our wedding day, I was able to just enjoy the time with my friends and family. I didn’t have to be thinking of timelines or if the buses were showing up, etc. I didn’t even have to think much about packing my bag or purse because she made sure it was all together and taken care of!

It was also a bit windy on the day, which didn’t help my hair. So throughout the day and night, Chrissy would pop up with bobby pins and hair spray ready to go, even when I didn’t know I needed it! My hair lasted all night, thanks to her!!

Overall, Chrissy and her team crushed it!! Everyone was so complimentary and impressed by her! She has all the tips and advice to give you throughout the process and for the wedding weekend! She is so professional, while still relatable. She listens to your needs and wants and finds a way to make it happen! We could go on and on about how appreciative we are to Chrissy and her team for making our wedding weekend the best weekend that it was!

Sent on 01/21/2019

Tyler · Married on 07/14/2018

Chrissy constantly went above and beyond during our year long engagement and I couldn’t have asked for a better day. She truly had my back and kept me and my interests as the bride as the priority while also respectfully juggling other moving parts, such as differences of opinions from my mom, suggestions from my husbands parents, and wrenches that were thrown in out of nowhere. Anyone that hires Chrissy is doing themselves a massive favor for their own well being. I was able to handle my job (and get a promotion), focus on my 4 other friends who got married this year, and make time for my family. Wedding planning has its ups and downs, and having an awesome team really does make a huge difference. Chrissy provided me with suggestions for all of our vendors which we took and were happy with. Our wedding day literally blew our minds. Chrissy also makes sure there is trust and open communication with her clients. I actually feel that I’ve gained a friend in her throughout this process!! She is insanely organized and even made my husband feel like he could reach out to her and speak up which was awesome. She is so approachable and never made me feel like I was being annoying (even though I’m positive I was). The time she put in to make my family and I happy will be remembered forever as we think about our wedding. Thank you Chrissy!! We love you.

Sent on 07/19/2018

meghan · Married on 06/14/2018

Chrissy and her team were simply amazing! Every detail was taken care of and I had the chance to simply enjoy my day and leave the heavy lifting to Truly You Events. The timeline for the weekend Chrissy put together also helped keep all family and bridal party involved from start to finish. Of course, I had all the details in my head, but having what she put together based off our meetings (via phone because I live in Boston- soooo easy and awesome though!) to share with everyone made everyone feel important, involved and in the know.

Working a full time job and planning a wedding is not easy! Even if you think you know exactly what you want (I thought I did). I definitely recommend a planner to EVERYONE. Even if it does not fit in your budget, find a way. Otherwise you'll spend the days and weeks and wedding day spending far too much time on whats NOT important. You need to remember and enjoy this time forever - let Chrissy and her team help you!

Two other unexpected but amazing perks I wanted to share:
    1-Chrissy provided some photos/videos the very next morning after the wedding for us to instantly relive some of the details- some of the first photos I received and still some of the best I received from family and friends. Seeing all these details the morning after was just SO instantly gratifying!

2-I just found out Chrissy texted my groom (now husband) on the morning of the wedding with some helpful reminders (i.e. "don't forget to open the door for your new wife in the getaway car!" that he is still (a month later) so grateful for. LOVE HER!

Sent on 07/12/2018

Anne · Married on 09/09/2017

If I could give more than 5 stars for Christiane of Truly You Events, I would! The value she brought to us was not just monetary but also intrinsic as she allowed us to actually enjoy the wedding weekend. She had every single detailed covered and kept us organized from beginning to end. She gave invaluable input and facilitated our making the best decisions for our style and personalities. She was THE single best decision we made and I tribute her with making our wedding such a wonderful wedding which we will never forget.

Sent on 10/08/2017

Amanda · Married on 07/15/2017

I don't know what I would have done without Chrissy and TYE! At first we weren't sure we needed a wedding coordinator, since we had already booked most of our vendors and the venue was providing their own point-person. In the end, we decided to hire a coordinator just to be sure we wouldn't have to deal with any last minute problems and could fully enjoy and be present for our wedding. I am SO glad we did! Chrissy helped us plan and schedule down to details that we never would have even thought of. She was so professional and organized and made a very complicated process incredibly easy. She reached out and worked with all of our vendors, kept everyone on the same page, managed every issue big or small, and always took the initiative behind the scenes so that from our perspective everything seemed miraculously smooth and seamless! Our ceremony had a lot of moving parts, and Chrissy was a HUGE help at our rehearsal, handing out schedules and info to all the key family members and bridal party. On the day-of, she saved me several times while getting ready (she resolved an eyelash crisis in like 10 seconds flat, helped figure out the inner workings of my dress, knew how to pin all the boutineers, had everyone in the right places at the right time for photos, etc etc.) while Alyssa was amazing with my groom and his family. Throughout the night, they stayed in the background but were right there when anyone needed anything. My family, my husband and I were free from worry and able to soak in an amazing night. And I have to say...a lot of people who are as organized and efficient as Chrissy are also (how do I put this...) not the most fun. Chrissy, however, is somehow both completely organized and on top of things and also totally laid back and cool. She had a calming effect on everyone and was genuinely fun to be around and to work with. I could not recommend Truly You any higher. You will be so glad to have an experienced, awesome coordinator take the reins!

Sent on 08/10/2017

Stephanie · Married on 06/24/2017

Chrissy and her team are simply the best. Our process began with Chrissy months before our wedding so we had the opportunity to plan most of our wedding with her. She scheduled regular meetings and check-ins with clear goals and outcomes. For someone who likes to stay organized, I really appreciated this approach. Because my husband and I lived in a different city than our wedding, Chrissy was always available to video chat to give our interactions a more personal touch. Chrissy herself is extremely detailed oriented, knows all the best venues and vendors and knows the nuances of planning an event in the space you choose. She attended our tasting and added great value on the meal choice, linen colors, flower design and Union rules.

On the day of the wedding, her and her team were amazing. When I forgot my vow book at the hotel - no problem, they've got it. When we did pictures and it was extremely windy - no problem, they used their day of toolkit to get me back to looking pretty. When my husband misplaced his suspenders - no problem, they ran and got a back up. When the sun was setting they reminded us to take a step outside to take beautiful sunset pictures.

We really couldn't have asked for a greater experience. You will be happy that Truly You is on your #dreamteam.

Sent on 10/02/2017

Julie · Married on 06/17/2017

What can I say - Chrissy of Truly You Events was FANTASTIC! She is a true professional - calm, creative, and detail oriented. Everyone in my family just loved her, and she really did make the event work perfectly. We hired Truly You because we planned our wedding while living on the west coast, and we were nervous about communicating with our vendors well enough to ensure that all of the details would run smoothly. Chrissy took over all of the vendor relationships in the weeks leading up to the wedding - she reviewed all of our contracts, set up a weekend timeline, managed the rehearsal, and took care of everything on the big day. My husband and I could relax and enjoy our wedding, and we were able to spend time with all of our family and friends without any stress at all - thank you Truly You!

Sent on 07/05/2017

Christina · Married on 05/27/2017

Choosing to work with Christiane and the rest of the TYE team was hands down the best decision we made during the wedding planning process. Like many couples, we initially weren't sure we needed help planning and coordinating our wedding, and I was concerned about the idea of losing control of the wedding planning process. I couldn't be happier with how our wedding turned out and all of the hard work that TYE did to make our wedding the best day of our lives! We essentially got to take part in all of the fun parts of wedding planning (dress/venue shopping, inspo pics, spending time with our loved ones) and none of the tedious parts (confirming vendors, keeping track of payments, scheduling, endless emails, etc.) The day of the wedding, Chrissy and the TYE team were absolutely phenomenal - so sweet, so professional, and so on top of every single detail. The day went perfectly and without a hitch - Chrissy was able to perfectly interpret the vision we had for our wedding, and ourselves and our guests had a phenomenal time. I would strongly encourage future brides and grooms to get Chrissy and her team on board early in the wedding planning process, as there are so many details to consider early on that I would never have otherwise thought of. I truly cannot say enough wonderful things about TYE. Thank you for making our wedding day perfect in every way!

Sent on 10/14/2017
    Truly You Events 5
    Truly You Events 6

Katie · Married on 07/02/2016

Truly You was AMAZING! I can't say enough positive things about their services. They made planning my wedding an absolute breeze. They thought of everything (even things I didn't know had to be taken care of) and I honestly had the best time on my wedding day. I didn't have to think of any details since they had planned out the schedule so well in advance. I had never been involved in planning a wedding before, so I really appreciated all of their guidance. They even arranged for the Philadelphia Mummers to come play a few songs for us with 3 days advance notice!!!! It was truly incredible and worth every penny.

Sent on 08/03/2016

Chrissy & her team at Truly You Events are seriously the dream team when it comes to weddings! I had the pleasure of working with Chrissy for our recent wedding at the Horticulture Center and I would highly recommend Truly You to other brides. Chrissy is such a joy to work with; she has great relationships with all of the local wedding vendors, she's very detail oriented, she offered so much valuable advice along the planning process, and she helped us create the wedding of our dreams with many personal touches. On the day of our wedding, Chrissy who was joined by Christine & Kim were invaluable! They were all so attentive to not only my husband and I, but also to our friends & family members, which we were very appreciative of & helped us to relax & enjoy the day to the fullest. Chrissy & her team are extremely knowledgeable, professional & personable and I'm so glad we had the opportunity to work together!

Sent on 06/02/2016

Natalie · Married on 01/02/2016

Thank you so much to Christiane Lehman and her team of Truly You Events for making my dream wedding a reality. EVERYTHING was perfect and matched our vision for our ideal wedding. Truly you was with me every step of the way to help with decisions, recommend vendors, keep me on track, as well as make sure all of our vendors knew exactly what they were supposed to do and when/where etc. It made the wedding planning process very manageable and stress free. Truly You Events made the wedding day so smooth and seamless. Additionally, every single vendor Christiane recommended was incredible. Christiane is organized, punctual and is such a pleasure to work with. I really enjoyed our meetings and the time spent planning. I cannot thank Christiane, her team and Truly You Events enough. I HIGHLY recommend them to all brides. I don't know what I would have done without Truly You Events!!

Sent on 01/28/2016
  • User5602039 · 2+ years ago

Chrissy and her team were great to work with. Chrissy kept me organized and sane. Her vendors were terrific and she had great ideas to help make our wedding special.

Sent on 11/09/2015

Chrissy and Regina of Truly You Event were a delight to work with throughout the planning process. They were extremely professional, organized, kept all the moving pieces on the right track, and were a pleasure to work with. We received fabulous vendor recs, valuable advice and just the right amount of hand-holding as we planned our wedding for 250 guests in Center City, Philadelphia.

The Truly You team was on top of all the important details on the day of our wedding, so that my husband and our families could enjoy ourselves and not stress!

I would highly recommend Chrissy and Regina to future brides.

Sent on 10/28/2015

Blaire · Married on 09/19/2015

Chrissy, Regina, and the Truly You team, without a doubt made my wedding day absolutely a dream come true! We knew where we wanted to get married, but had no idea what we wanted after that. Chrissy helped us put together an idea that was truly perfect for us. She gave us some great recommendations for vendors, who were all absolutely outstanding. She helped out with the many questions, answered every single email, and graciously guided us throughout the process. The wedding would not have turned out so great without them! I knew I had nothing to worry about the day of the wedding because everything was planned out just right, every last detail was thought of. Deciding to work with Chrissy was one of the best decisions we made for our wedding, I honestly don't think I could have had a better wedding planning experience. I would most certainly recommend Truly You to anyone, it is completely worth it, and you will quickly see why getting a wedding planner is worth it.

Sent on 09/30/2015

My husband, family and I are so grateful that we found Chrissy and the Truly You Team to help us plan and execute the most amazing wedding we could have ever imagined! As a Full Service client, I felt that TYE was on top of every detail of planning our wedding. After my first conversation with Chrissy I knew that she would be the perfect person to help me plan my wedding - thoughtful, detail-oriented, super knowledgeable, honest and super sweet she covered it all!

Chrissy disclosed in our first conversation that she knew she would not be able to attend our wedding because of a temporary move to France she was already committed to. I really appreciated her honesty and liked her so much that we decided to hire her and the Truly You team to help us plan. My only disappointment about Chrissy's absence at our wedding was that she couldn't be there to share the experience with us and see all of the amazing details in person! Regina and the rest of the TYE team were so great at handling our actual wedding day!

Chrissy and the TYE team are incredibly in tune with the needs of their clients, have a very deep knowledge of all the vendors you could ever imagine and are super adept at handling issues, snafus, awkward family situations and all of the other stressful circumstances that inevitably come up during the wedding planning process.

Thank you so much to Chrissy, Regina and the TYE team for helping us create the most amazing wedding experience for us, our families and our guests!

Sent on 11/26/2015

Kelly · Married on 07/18/2015

After I got engaged, the first thing I did was start looking into the possiblity of a wedding planner. I was unfamiliar with all of the possiblities but as soon as I started looking, one thing was clear. Truly You was far and away the most impressive. I thought that Truly You was clearly run by someone who LOVES what they do.

My mom and I met with Chrissy Lehman and were blown away. Prior to our meeting, I filled out a quick questionaire about my likes, dislikes, things that were and were not important, Chrissy had already created a Pinterest board and huge list of ideas for my wedding. At that moment, I knew Truly You would create the wedding of my dreams.

We chose the Signature Package and it was the best decision that we made whole wedding planning process. Truly You was invloved in our wedding every step of the way; not only did Chrissy plan every detail of our wedding, but also the planning of our rehearsal dinner. The expansiveness of the package allowed Chirssy to weave our color story throughout our entire day. From surprise sequin linens to a gold sparkle photoshoot on Broad Street, every aspect of our day tied in to our overall theme. Chrissy is incredibly professional, organized, upbeat, responsive and thourough. Every answer to our questions was well-thought out and on-point - her many years of experience always shone through. She had advice about every aspect of planning - how best to tackle your invite list, where to get tuxes, wedding seating, thank you note writing, where to spend a little more money and where to save.

Truly You's relationships with the best vendors in Philadelphia enabled us to secure our top choices, many with discounts. What had always seemed like the biggest pain point in wedding planning was SEAMLESS for us.

I cannot imagine having planned our wedding without Truly You. It was the best day of our lives and all of that is all due to Truly You and Chrissy's tireless dedication to making our wedding perfect.

Sent on 09/07/2015

Hiring Truly You Events to produce our wedding weekend was the smartest decision (and best use of $$) we made with respect to our planning process. We booked the Full Service Package as we needed a comprehensive offering that would allow us to plan a Philly wedding weekend from afar/NYC. I evaluated eight planners/firms as we knew we needed serious assistance given our work schedules.

Chrissy is the quintessential professional - her professional and calm demeanor never falters. Each and every communication (e-mail/phone call/etc.) is polished and thoughtful and thorough, which prompted us to have immediate confidence and trust in her and her team. The icing on the cake was the incredible amount of creativity that Chrissy and her team bring to the table, not-so-little touches that brought the weekend's events to life. To boot - Chrissy is kind and patient, and knows just the right time to insert a healthy dose of humor when the stress levels are getting up there.

We separately booked the welcome bag production/delivery service which was worth its weight in gold (time saved + guests were cared for). Chrissy and team's flawless execution on the day of the wedding made for the most perfect of celebrations - we have received so many compliments from our families and guests regarding Chrissy and her team.

Sent on 07/20/2015

Hillary · Married on 05/16/2015

Regina Lyons and the entire Truly You Event staff, were a breath of fresh air from the moment we first made contact. They are the calm through the crazy, emotional, and most exciting time of your life that is wedding planning. I can't tell you how much love and passion they put into every detail of their coordination, from the 5 week out detailed survey to the constant vendor communication, to the rehearsal timeline available for the family and bridal party. I can not wait to use Truly You again for all of my future events.

Sent on 05/29/2015

stephanie · Married on 05/02/2015

Using Truly You Events was hands down the BEST decision I made for my wedding. Living out of state, I was nervous and anxious about planning a wedding in Philadelphia. From my first conversation with Chrissy Lehman I knew I was in good hands. We decided to use Truly You for partial planning services. Chrissy made checklists and timelines outlining everything that needed to be done the year leading up to the wedding. Her knowledge of the industry, experience planning and running events and vendor contacts go unmatched. She dealt with the nitty gritty of hotel blocks, transportation and negotiating contracts. All of the vendors she recommended were WONDERFUL. Chrissy’s responses to phone calls and emails were always timely and thorough. She is truly a professional. As we all know this process can be extremely emotional- Chrissy not only calmed me but she also fielded phone calls from my mom, dad, and husband and ensured all their questions were answered. The weekend of the wedding went perfectly and I attribute that to Chrissy and her team. Chrissy provided a minute-by-minute timeline to all vendors and the wedding party so everyone knew where they had to be and when. My dad planned a special “speech” during the wedding and I learned that Chrissy had been working with him and the band for 6 months to ensure it came to fruition. Chrissy and her team are phenomenal. Kim, Nidhi, and Jourdan were all professional and so helpful throughout the day. I will miss talking to Chrissy!

Sent on 05/12/2015

Lindsay · Married on 04/25/2015

If you are looking for your wedding to run as smooth as possible, Chrissy Lehman is your woman! I can't say enough about how wonderful and thorough she is. She is extremely attentive to not only every detail of your wedding weekend, but also YOU. Her customer service is impeccable, and she was such a delight to work with. Chrissy truly removed all of the worry and stress so that we could enjoy every moment of our big day...because it goes fast!

Sent on 05/12/2015

I cannot say enough positive comments about my experience with Truly You Events! At some point in my wedding planning process I got overwhelmed with the logistics leading up to and for my wedding day--that is when I sought out help in Truly You. The wedding weekend package was exactly what we needed. Regina Lyons was amazing to work with--she kept me on task, without being invasive. I know I would not have been able to enjoy my wedding day as much as I did without the help of Regina and the Truly You team!

Sent on 03/31/2015