31 Reviews for Tie The Knot Hawaii

Cultural (1)
Eco-Friendly (1)
Religious (1)
31 Tie The Knot Hawaii Reviews

Heather and her team were amazing to work with, especially on the day! Knowing that she would be there to look after all of the vendors and organise everything was so important for us so we could just relax and enjoy the day. She also got our vision from day one and the whole day was just epic - we couldn't have asked for a better celebration which really reflected who we are as a couple. Heather worked with us on our budget and all the details and we never once doubted our decision to have Tie the Knot coordinate our day. Thank you Heather! xoxo

Profile Picture Pilar, 10/12/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Heather & her team created a wedding beyond my dreams. It was the most magical day for my husband and I. Kauai is magical & so are its people. I would highly recommend her if you are booking a destination wedding. She is worth EVERY penny, and I would do it all over if I could. :)

Profile Picture Kelly, 9/16/17, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Heather's the best - hands down. No kidding. And this is coming from a GROOM.

We had our dream wedding, and I can't imagine it being possible without Heather. She had carefully planned 3 events for us (welcome dinner, wedding day, after-party), while juggling the tough time-zones differences (we were based in Asia)

Summary:
- very responsive
- creative, flexible and works within your budget
- willing to go the EXTRA mile even if she's not adequately compensated, because EVERY wedding is important to her. This impressed me in particular. How many couples can say that about their wedding planner?

I will not hesitate recommending Heather to anyone. While I'm a groom, I have had high expectations/standards given my particular fondness for attention to details, and I would say she had overwhelming exceeded my expectations.

Heather - thank you again. You are the best.

Profile Picture Z, 6/15/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I must say that Heather and her team were amazing in putting together the best wedding I have ever been to. Anyone considering her services should know that you will be in good capable hands with a stress free atmosphere. Everything went as planned and I will always fondly remember the event. Kauai is such a beautiful island and offers a wide variety of venues to fulfill any of your desires or expectations. There are beaches, waterfalls and amazing flora to experience. And best of all Heater's fees are reasonable and she is a lovely person to deal with. I would never hesitate to recommend her services to anyone considering a destination wedding.

Jim

Profile Picture James (Susie's dad), 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Heather singleton was INCREDIBLE. I had zero idea what went into planning a wedding. Whether it be for 20 or 70 guests. It's big thing to tackle as a couple because of the decisions, details, organization and planning involved. I reccomend to every bride getting married on kauai, USE TIE THE KNOT HAWAII! I had practically zero stress! (My only stress was picking the right dress) Heather and her team gave me an outline of what to expect and made me feel so relaxed throughout the timewe started planning. She feels like a sister when u talk to her. She feels your vibe and helps stear you to a venue and decor that fits your vision. I feel like I put very minimal input into what I wanted and it was 200 times what I was expecting. I was in complete shock of how gorgeous my venue was, our decor of the property, they flower arrangements, the layout of the bar & welcome table, and the tables and dance floor. I just let her do her thing and knew she would ROCK. Being a mother heather understands a bride with kids (me) and friends with kids. She suppressed me with a kid table with goodie bags for each kid, crayons and a table cloth they could all write on!!!!!! We had 14 kids wth glow sticks and little toys and smiles for days. Every parent was coming up to me telling me how incredible the kid table was and I sorta laughed With total content gratitude. I could write for 10'pages on this this team and coordinator. I would like to personally chat with anyone curious about getting a coordinator and encouraging them to trust their special day with heather so please contact me if needed. Having lived on kauai for 5 years and having such a special place in my heart for kauai heather helped me create the perfect balance of Hawaiiana into my wedding. We had two hulls dancers that also danced Tahitian with live drummers and it was INCREDIBLE. And I wanted it to be during dinner for a nice dinner show with my first dance to follow and it couldn't have flowed better. forever greatful.

Profile Picture susie, 6/10/17, 1 Review
Category: Catering, Ceremony & Reception Venue, DJ, Dress & Attire, Entertainer, Event Rentals & Photobooths, Favors & Gifts, Flowers, Lighting & Decor, Officiant, Party Supplies, Photography, Rehearsal Dinner Location, Videography, Wedding Cake, Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Cultural, Destination, Eco-Friendly, Religious, Ceremony, Reception, Rehearsal Dinner

What can I say, our wedding was perfect! Heather was so great and really made planning the wedding fun instead of stressful. She was completely receptive of our vision for the day and offered suggestions when we were unsure, and she definitely approached us about things that we had overlooked. She was able to find amazing vendors for us (Tommy for music, Jade for the officiant, Martin Roberts for decorations, Sea Light Studios for photography, and Plantation Gardens for the venue). The day of, I knew that everything was going to be taken care of and I was not worried about things going smoothly because Heather had reviewed the detailed time line with me several times over the last month before the wedding.

Heather is a super fun and upbeat person, you'll have fun planning your Kauai Wedding with her! Follow her on Instagram @tietheknothawaii for great pictures of the weddings she is helping to create.

Profile Picture Katie, 9/16/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

After deciding that we wanted to get married on the beach in Kauai, I knew I was going to need help planning everything. I searched through multiple wedding planning services and felt extremely confident in my choice to go through tie the knot.
Heather is amazing!! Although my anxiety level was through the roof at times, she always knew how to calm me down and remind me that she was there to make sure everything would go perfectly. She did exactly that. She would send me ideas and if I didn't really like them, she would immediately send me other ideas. I would feel bad for not immediately liking all her picks but she continuously reminded me that it was my wedding and that I should get what I truly want for my wedding day. She always made time for phone calls as well which was huge for me since I work night shifts but the time difference helped as well. She has a great personality and was a constant support through the whole wedding process.
The only minor thing that concerned me was that she seemed to be stretching herself thin with all the other weddings going on around the same time, which I know would stress me out as well. She had a wedding the day before mine and it really seemed to stress her out and I felt like it took away just a little with helping me before my wedding. On the day of my wedding though she was 100% present and did an amazing job making sure everything went perfectly! I know she is getting an assistant and with how crazy I felt like wedding planning was, I think she deserves it.
I would definitely recommend Heather for any friends or family members who want to get married in Kauai and I'm extremely glad that I found her and that our personalities seemed to work so well together!

Profile Picture Matea, 5/28/16, 4 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Destination, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals

Starting about 10 months ago, after deciding we wanted to do a destination wedding, I started in my search for a wedding planner. I am very much a type "a" personality and needed to find someone who I could quickly relate with and know that they would handle all my details. After doing some research and reviewing tons of reviews, I had a few interviews. I think Heather as the third one and I didn't even have to ask any more questions. She was very direct in a way that was so comforting. She was compassionate in the way I knew she was going to take the next 10 months to get to know me, my fiancé and my wedding day dreams.
After signing the contract the next few months were slow. After all doing a destination wedding, all you can really do is read some reviews and check out websites. No tastings, meetings or picking out flowers in person. At about 3 months out, Heather and I really started to talk weekly. After a long day of work, Heather some how found the way to remind me we were coming to paradise and she was just going to handle all the details and make it exactly what I had dreamed of.
As we were booking vendors, Heather was very patient. I had somewhat of a limited budget, but she always provided me with multiple options and of course her opinion of her favorites. Contracting with each vendor and payment was just as simple. At this point, I truly trusted Heathers opinion and experience and took all of her recommendations.
Fast forward to rehearsal, I finally got to meet her. She is just a bubbly in person as she is on the phone. We walked through it all and she calmed all my nerves, as least as much as she could!
While the wedding day happened so quickly, it happen so flawlessly. If something went wrong on my wedding day, I didn't know about it, because Heather handled it.
All in all, Heather is simply incredible. She is worth EVERY penny and would highly suggest her to ANYONE wanting to have their dream wedding in Hawaii. She will make it happen!

Profile Picture Ashley, 2/29/16, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Destination

Working with Heather from Tie the Knot Hawaii was the best decision I made when planning our destination wedding. After my first conversation with Heather, I felt like I had been talking with a lifetime friend! We immediately clicked and I truly felt that she was totally on board what what I had envisioned for our wedding day.

Heather has all the local connections that helped to choose the perfect location and every vendor suggestion she made was the perfect fit for our style and budget. I felt completely at ease planning our wedding from CA.

The day of the wedding, I was completely blown away that my dream wedding had become a reality. Every detail was magical and had surpassed our wildest expectations! Our family and friends were WOW’ed and couldn't stop talking about how perfect the day was.

During the reception, Heather and her AMAZING assistant were constantly buzzing around, making sure everything was running smoothly. It was incredible, I felt like a real life Princess! There was always a Mai Tai in hand and I didn't have to worry about anything but hitting the dance floor.

Thank you Heather for making our wedding so incredibly special and beautiful. I highly recommend Tie the Knot Hawaii to anyone looking to have a destination wedding on Kauai.

Profile Picture Jessica, 11/6/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Destination, Ceremony, Reception

Heather Singleton was a HUGE help to us! We are from Canada, and planning a wedding for 50 people on Kauai was starting to feel daunting until me found her. She was great for 3 main reasons: 1) She immediately understood our vibe and was on board with helping us make our plans come to life 2) She is super chill yet very organized with blended perfectly with our personality and 3) She perfectly executed all the elements of the wedding and left us to simply enjoy the day. I was a little choked to spend the additional money at first, but truthfully when you factor in all the money you spend on a NICE wedding in KAUAI for 50 people....her cost ended up being just around 8-10% of overall cost and was well worth the money. And that is not even factoring in the peace of mind of yourself, your MOH/mother of the bride, and other well-intentioned family members who would help if they needed to.... but really would just prefer to enjoy a perfect day in paradise! Thanks Heather, we literally could not have done it without you!

Profile Picture Jordan, 11/5/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Heather is amazing. She is so much more than a wedding planner. She truly cares about who we are and made sure that the wedding, the entire day really, was the perfect fit for us. The team of vendors she suggested and paired us with were incredible. The most frequent comment I heard from the guests was how amazing and friendly everyone was. There is only one thing I wish I would have done differently about the whole experience; Heather suggested that we video our ceremony and I wish I would have followed her advice. It was an amazing day and I would love to have record of it.
I would recommend Heather a million times over. We could not have had the beautiful wedding that we had without her.

Profile Picture User5602637, 2+ years ago, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Event Design, Full Planning, Timelines, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Destination

We received Heather's information from a friend who used her service a year prior. My husband and I were planning an elopement to Hawaii and Heather made our dream wedding come true! She had a package perfect for what we wanted. I basically got a dress and she took care of the rest. She took all of my requests and came though with all of them. We had an absolutely perfect day! It was everything we could have asked for and it all came together better than expected!

Profile Picture Sarah, 9/5/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Heather was excellent to work with! Right from the beginning stages of planning she was so easy to talk to, she listened to what we wanted and had great tips and suggestions. We never had any doubt that she was going to help us have the wedding of our dreams. We had a small elopement type ceremony but we never felt like we weren't a priority, our wedding was far better than anything we dreamed of. We knew that we could trust Heather to have the best recommendations and she more than came through for us with our photographer and private chef! I would easily recommend the beautiful island of Kauai to anyone and I wouldn't have anyone but Heather plan their wedding, she did amazing things with a small wedding I can only imagine the gorgeous wedding she can do if we had done something bigger!

Profile Picture Tammy, 8/25/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I would highly recommend Heather for ANY event planning needs!!!! We knew we wanted a wedding that was more personal than a cookie cutter ceremony, etc. but were afraid that it would be out of our financial means. I am so glad that we contacted Heather despite our conservative budget for our Kauai wedding! She created a semi-customized package for us and the best part was there was zero stress at every step of the way. I was trying to finish my PhD at the same time as organizing the wedding and Heather was PERFECT for my needs. Like the previous reviewers describe, Heather pared down all the choices for me and everything was so easy. The actual wedding day was pouring rain for most of the day but I can honestly say neither I nor my husband felt a bit of stress wondering how or where the ceremony would turn out because we knew Heather would help us work something out. All of Heather's recommendations were spot on for the wedding cake, ceremony location, officiant, restaurant, makeup/hair and photographer. Last, but not least, Heather is so down to earth and easy to chat with. She has a great way of listening to your vision for your wedding and putting it into action while seamlessly managing one's expectations for the wedding if they get a little crazy or too much. An amazing day was truly had by all. I am so happy! I am already wanting to know if Heather will do our vow renewal ceremony! ;)

Profile Picture Tiffany, 3/19/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

My husband and I did a last minute wedding (1 month out) with Heather from Tie the Knot. Could not have been more pleased. We wanted something simple but nice. Heather was able to easily get us all the things we wanted for our wedding with minimal stress on our side. We had a beautiful sunrise beach wedding with Jade, a local native Hawaiian Christian pastor. Heather also set up a fantastic photographer, videoographer, picked up flowers, set up hair and makeup, and all the details of having a beach wedding. Would recommend to anyone!

Profile Picture User4542716, 2+ years ago, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I would like to thank Heather, her assistant Kristine, and the rest of her team of vendors for providing the greatest wedding for my husband and me. I remember being engaged on August of 2014 and calling her right away explaining that I had three months to plan my wedding- she assured me that I had plenty of time. I lived on another island from where I got married so she was such a tremendous help. I knew nothing about wedding planning but Heather suggested all the vendors I needed. She and everyone that took part in coordinating my special day did an impressive and amazing job for me, my husband, and my family and friends. Thank you for being cooperative, suggestive, and providing your great expertise on such an unforgettable event. We loved and will cherish our beautiful Kauai beach wedding forever.

Profile Picture Jenny Jane, 11/21/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

If you are looking for the BEST wedding coordinator in Hawaii, look no further! Tie the Knot is an exceptional wedding planning business, who makes you their top priority when helping shape your wedding into your perfect day. I was ready to pull my hair out planning a destination wedding when I came across Tie the Knot Hawaii's website. I contacted them via email and Heather called me back and made me feel so at ease, that it was almost surreal. Every time I talked with her, I felt that my ideas were heard and she took them and ran. All of her suggestions were perfect. I was so in love with all of her decisions that I had her pick out my cake and flowers (they turned out beyond beautiful!) My husband was so happy that I had found her, he could see how easy and enjoyable the planning had become because of her. The day of the wedding, All I had to do was let someone else pamper me and show up. Everything was taken care of and I didn't have to deal with anything. If you are considering letting someone help you plan your destination wedding in Kauai, Heather and her team are PERFECT! There is no way that you won't be 100% satisfied with everything.

Profile Picture Rachel, 9/16/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Heather and her team are AMAZING!!! We could not have had a better wedding! It was so nice to know that she understood my vision and hired the best of the best on island. Weddings are super stressful and it was so great to not have to worry about anything as far as music, decor, food, flowers, stylists, photograhers...you name it! It was perfect and we could not have asked for anything more!

Profile Picture Melissa, 8/30/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Heather and her team of vendors was amazing. From the very first conversation we had I knew she could understand the very ceremony we had in mind. She never made me feel pressured to do things a certain way and always gave me lots of options (but not too many so I felt overwhelmed). Having her to figure out the little details with all her experience made me feel so confident that our day would be special and hassle-free. By the time I met her on the morning of the wedding she sincerely felt like a good friend and is someone I have kept in touch with. I would use her again definitely, but hope to never have a need for another wedding, maybe just a vow renewal someday! Thanks, Heather, you are the very best!! :-)

Profile Picture Veronika, 7/28/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We could not have chosen a better Event Planner to help us with our Wedding than Heather! Heather was extremely knowledgeable, gave fantastic recommendations, stayed true to our wedding vision and desires, and helped us create an experience that truly blew us away and far exceeded our expectations. She stayed within our budget and what we were comfortable with and made us feel like she totally had our back through the whole process.

Heather is also really cool, sweet and fun. She became more than just a wedding planner, she became a friend! I would highly recommend Heather to help you create every and any event.

Profile Picture Jamie, 6/19/14, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

We wholeheartedly recommend Heather 110% for the fantastic job she did in planning our dream destination wedding in Kauai! She was on top of every task and always knew of a person/vendor that would be the best fit for each of the aspect of our wedding. We also liked that she always narrowed the choices to a couple and the pricing/pros/cons ready to go; this allowed for quick and efficient decision making on our parts. She truly eased our stress levels throughout the entire process, as she was supportive and enthusiastic!

We fully trusted in her opinions and she came through shining. She listened to every vision we had and ensured that would get everything and more within our budget. Her creative mind gave us exactly what we wanted, especially in terms of style and decorations. She couldn't have picked a more professional and polite officiant, cocktail singer, entertainment, DJ, photographer and venue staff. All of our guests have been raving how exciting and unique our wedding was, Heather was there for every step. We communicated over the phone/email for over a year in advance and she was always available and responsive. We couldn't have done it without her!

Profile Picture Roger, 10/12/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Heather and the team she selected for our wedding day couldn't have been more perfect. She doesn't require any set packages which was why I chose her in the first place. It was a stress free planning process for the bride! I let her know what we were thinking and she took care of everything else. She also made sure to let me know what other options were available to us so nothing got forgotten. We wanted an uncommon sunrise wedding on the beach and her team was on time for everything and made us feel great! We did not have any family or friends in Kauai for our wedding but Heather and the team made us feel like we did on our wedding day. She even went as far as to suggest activities and restaurants for us during our stay on the island and everything she suggested was amazing! We couldn't have asked for a better experience.

Profile Picture Jackie, 10/7/13, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

I had my wedding on July 6th, 2013 on Hanalei Bay, with a beautiful fairytale reception at The Common Ground. I started planning with Heather about a year in advance (which is apparently VERY early on for a Hawaii wedding haha) and from the moment I first spoke with her, I knew we were going to get along famously ;o) She totally got my vision right off the bat and put together an AMAZING group of vendors for me. Here was my experience in a nutshell: I'm from New York and have witnessed tons of friends ripping their hair out trying to plan their weddings, so I was ready for a lot of work and stress. I kept waiting for the stress to arrive, but it just never did...the few weeks before my wedding, people kept saying, oh you must be CRAZY with the planning right now. I was like, NOPE! Heather's on it! Seriously, I never felt a bit of stress. I told Heather what I wanted, and she did it. Never even met her in person until the week of the wedding, and she was even cooler in person than on the phone! The day of the wedding I had NOTHING to worry about. I wasn't feeling well in the morning and Heather brought me a ginger smoothie and banana bread! What wedding planner does that!?!? As for the wedding, the entire thing went off without a hitch! Ceremony-- PERFECT, and the officiant she recommended was AMAZING, made the event one of a kind and incredibly intimate. Everyone at our wedding said that it was the most meaningful and special ceremony they had ever been to. The reception was just gorgeous. The decor was spot-on, the food was CRAZY good and the band was just unreal. The photographer, one of Heather's good friends, was also amazing, and her photos are insane. The entire event was like a dream, and it was all because of Heather. She really went far above and beyond the duties of a normal wedding planner, and I couldn't give a higher recommendation for Heather and her company Tie the Knot Hawaii. She made the best day of my life into the BEST DAY OF MY FRICKIN LIFE!!!!

Profile Picture Rebecca, 7/6/13, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Heather is awesome and not only made our day perfect but also added an easy going element to the experience. She is very friendly and energetic I would definately recommend her.

We've even talked about using her again for a vow renewal in 10 years ;)

Profile Picture Jay, 12/15/12, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

My experience with Tie the Knot Hawaii was amazing and far exceeded my expectations. I contacted Heather with Tie the Knot only a month before my destination wedding on Kauai. She made me feel at ease with the timeline and quickly got to work planning.

I am a very detailed person and had concerns over making the right choices given the fact I was so far away. Heather put my concerns to rest, providing numerous options for each vendor. I was also able to provide my ideas via text, email and cell and she truly saw my vision, while staying within our budget.

On the day of the wedding, I could not have imagined working with any company besides Tie the Knot. Our event was very personalized and Heather was there every step of the way to make it the best day of our lives. I really miss communicating with Heather on a regular basis as she is so easy going and friendly.

If you have any doubts on which vendor to work with for a personalized, special event...hands down Tie the Knot Hawaii.

Profile Picture Stacy, 12/14/12, 1 Review