Thunder & Lightning Sound and Lighting Reviews

8 | Des Moines, IA

8 Reviews for Thunder & Lightning Sound and Lighting

Sadie · Married on 08/26/2017

Love love love these guys. I had a lot of guests say they were the best DJs they'd ever heard and even more say it was the best wedding they'd been to. There were people on the dance floor the entire night, the energy and lighting were great, and they were incredibly accommodating and professional. I highly recommend them!

Sent on 08/29/2017

Christina · Married on 02/25/2017

Your service exceeded our expectations for the night you had the dance floor packed all night your sound was amazing, very professional top-notch equipment ! The lighting in the room blew us away, it was so beautiful. These guys are so versatile. They also offer services beyond music such as printing and photography capabilities. Being involved in a catering/wedding business, we have seen every single dj service in town. All of them have a lot of catching up to do. No one is even close. Worth every penny and more. Let's do it again next week!

Sent on 03/01/2017

Thunder and Lightning did a great job at our wedding! They got everyone dancing and kept the energy high. We were very happy with the service we received, and would definitely recommend them.

Sent on 07/19/2014

Kristen · Married on 05/24/2014

Thunder and Lightning DJ provided the music for my Wedding in May 2014. Almost everyone that attended the wedding was on the dance floor for the first several songs and then they kept awesome music coming and a great dance floor for several hours after. We had such a good time. They were very attentive to the details of the music I wanted played and extremely professional. I would choose them again in a heartbeat.

Sent on 08/12/2014

Maggie · Married on 07/29/2011

Great music and fun all night long. They were the perfect choice for us and the pictures are a big bonus. You can't go wrong with these guys!

Sent on 08/10/2011

Emily · Married on 10/09/2010

If you live in or are getting married in Des Moines this is the DJ that you have to book. They are amazing!!!!!!!!!!! The dance floor was full all night long and they even took about 250 candets through out the night. We were shocked that the next week we received and e-mail thanking us for the business and a link to 250 pictures that they had taken. I would not recommend anyone else. Book them while you can.

Sent on 10/26/2010

Margaret · Married on 06/19/2010

These guys are AWESOME and completely made the reception rock. One of the things we worried about most was the DJ. There is nothing worse than a terrible DJ to kill the mood at the reception. These DJs were SO professional. They mixed the music to seamlessly blend from one song to another, it was exactly the music we wanted, nothing more, nothing less. People were on the dance floor the WHOLE night. Hardly anyone left early. The LIGHTING, though, was the real star. They were able to put lights around the whole venue and change them at the click of a button. The lights moved with the music just like a fabulous Vegas club. It gave the perfect party atmosphere and was better than anything I had imagined. I can't thank these guys enough. (Special thanks to Cornelius)!

Sent on 08/04/2010

Karin · Married on 04/28/2012

Thunder and Lightning was reccommended to me by my photographer. At first, I was concerned because the lady that is the consultant for the DJs requested we meet her in her home. We had never met her before, and it felt very informal, and really uncomfortable for my mom and me. Also, there was some miscommunication with the prices. However, from the point of meeting with the photographer on it was much more professional and enjoyable. He was extremely flexible with our schedule (he met us at 7pm on a Friday night). He also gave us some really good ideas for father-daughter and grand entrance dances. As mother would say....he was a real whiz. It was obvious he enjoys what he does. A minor problem arose for me during the reception, though. We had asked him to play absolutely zero vulgar or inappropriate music, because my extended family is very conservative. Toward the middle of the dance, songs like "Baby Got Back" began to play. My family was no longer around, but it slightly ruffled my feathers that he played genres that I had tried to steer away from.
    On a brighter note, all of my friends enjoyed the dance. Even my mom was "gettin' her groove on."

Sent on 05/16/2012