The Wedding Sitter Reviews

14 | New York, NY

14 Reviews for The Wedding Sitter

14 The Wedding Sitter Reviews

Jen · Married on 04/29/2017

Kim is amazing. My mother and I - both Type A by nature! - felt comfortable planning the wedding ourselves, but didn't want to be dealing with the minutia of the event on the actual day. While Kim bills herself a "day of" wedding planner, she was available from the moment we hired her, with excellent vendor recommendations and advice for everything under the sun. And on the actual day, we were so thrilled to have her there. I got to focus on my wedding and my family and I knew I didn't have to worry about anything, because Kim was on it. Highly recommended.

Lindsay · Married on 09/06/2015

Kim was an absolute master. I'm a planner in my own career and knew I just couldn't be "on" in that way on my own wedding day, so I needed someone I absolutely trusted to be up to my own standards. Kim was that person. She exudes a calm, soothing, competent air, and you know you're in excellent hands.

Kim was great to work with, providing a time line that went down to the minute for our two borough wedding (we got ready in Brooklyn and married in the Bronx), and didn't bat an eyelash as I sent various drafts and revises thanks to last-minute changes right down to the day before the wedding. She asked all of the right questions, including ones my husband and I didn't know needed answering. She handled the tricky logistics and acted as an "on-site" person the morning of our wedding at our venue, while we were getting ready, handling every detail. Nothing threw either her or her assistant, Carly, who is going to be a great event planner on her own one day, too. I was very impressed by how efficiently they communicated and stayed in touch during photos, corralling our families, etc. We had some minor hiccups during the day (broken flowers in my bouquet, hair that needed repinning after some serious dancing), and they were able to handle it perfectly.

All I can say is, if you're a Type A bride or groom, you NEED Kim by your side.

Kim and her assistant, Stephanie were amazing. Beyond words honestly. So helpful, so accommodating, so flexible...and most importantly, so nice. From steaming our dresses to to setting up the most gorgeous reception space I've ever seen they went above and beyond to make sure we had a perfect wedding without worrying about a thing! The week leading up to our wedding my matron of honor asked, "who is this Kim" -- because all of my vendors kept saying "oh, you're working with Kim, she's got this, she's already handled that, etcetera." Such a pleasure and piece of mind. And, to be able to ease the minds of 2 very "Type A people" is quite the feat! Huge, HUGE thanks for making our night so seamless and flawless.

Rachel · Married on 07/12/2014

I owe my wedding to Kim Pilson aka The Wedding Sitter, or perhaps she should be called The Wedding Whisperer! Please do yourself (& your husband, plus everyone else in your life) a big favor & hire her - NOW! You do not need to look any further. You do not need to "think about it" any longer. Yes, you need her and you need her now before another bride books her for your date. Kim offers something very special & unique to a bride - SANITY! Her day-of-coordination services are extremely professional, organized, clear & well-executed. As a bride, you don't want to worry about your event's flow or whether it's time to cut the cake. Kim will seamlessly handle every detail and allow for you & your man to actually enjoy your wedding and have fun. I can't emphasize enough what a relief it was to know Kim was behind the scenes working her magic.

Plus, Kim provides an amazing vendor list filled with the crème de la crème of the local wedding industry. She also provides a lovely Personal Assistant to the bride on the day of, who will help you conquer any curveballs with grace - everything from gluing your falsies back on to prettying up the room for your "getting ready" pics. It was great having someone by my side who genuinely wanted to help (& knew how) , therefore freeing up my bridal party to enjoy the Big Day with me. I didn't want my bridesmaids to feel like they were working, but the truth is that I really did need some extra hands & calm support.

Kim has a fabulous personality, great sense of humor, & a natural way of quelling those pre-ceremony nerves. We are forever grateful to The Wedding Sitter!

Candice · Married on 06/14/2014

Hiring the Wedding Sitter was by far the best decision my now husband (!) and I made during our wedding process. We had so many different vendors and even though our venue provided a very competent coordinator, I really think everyone needs a day of wedding coordinator in order to really feel at ease the day of your wedding. The venue's coordinator has a big job on their hands already, coordinating everything at the venue. The Wedding Sitter was there with me from before I even started getting ready. She helped make the make up and hair schedule. She helped finalize the transportation schedule. She arranged the day of with the photographer, videographer and florist and everyone else. I didn't have to worry about a thing knowing that Kim and Carly would take care of it all. That feeling is absolutely priceless.

Not to mention that I love Kim as a person - she was great throughout the few months before the wedding. She would answer any questions I had and it was nice knowing I had someone to call on that had been through all of this before. I really don't know how the wedding would have happened without her - all I do know is that it definitely would not have been as smooth and I would not have been able to enjoy the best day of my life in such a relaxing manner as a I did. Thank you Wedding Sitter!

Kimberly Pilson and the Wedding Sitter team was an absolute god send! We were initially engaged with another wedding planner and due to a series of poor planning, we let her go and hired Kim two weeks before our wedding.

Needless to say, she was an absolute pleasure to work with! She was incredibly responsive to e-mails and handled all of our vendors flawlessly within a short time frame! I would highly recommend hiring The Wedding Sitter team for any wedding planning (partial or full). Not only did she have helpful tips, she is calm, cool and collected.

Thank you, Kim for creating a stress-free environment, for taking charge and being a great overall planner!!

Tara · Married on 05/31/2014

Kim, the wedding sitter, is an absolute MUST! Her services are the best idea and worth every penny. Instead of asking bridesmaids or friends & family to help that day run smoothly, let the professionals do it and you'll be MUCH happier & be able to enjoy this day you worked so hard to plan! I had lots of logistics for my wedding day.... bus transportation from church to reception, champagne on buses, limos, security, 3 locations... I was stressed on how I was going to be everywhere at once and be worried about how everything was going. Kim & her sweet assistant Amy took EVERY worry away. It was SO nice to know that there was one professional person overseeing every detail so that I didn't have to thinking about anything other than enjoying the big day. Even though my reception venue had a maitre d', and she said that Kim's services were unnecessary, I knew that the maitre d's main concern was the reception venue/food etc and not how my tables looked or if everything was properly placed, she also wasn't around when I needed help attaching my belt or when my eyelashes started unglueing haha, BUT KIM & AMY WERE THERE! Honestly, now after my wedding, a few friends that are brides to be asked me for advice... and I said HIRE THE WEDDING SITTER!!!

Fairly late in the process, we concluded that we wanted someone to help on the day of the wedding. Kimberly was spectacular. She is mature, professional, efficient, responsive and very experienced. She knows what has to be done and how to handle difficult situations, and to do all of this pleasantly and without fanfare.

We discovered in this process that there are different types of service providers. Some don't return messages; Kimberly does, even when on vacation. Some want to be the center of attention; Kimberly doesn't--she wants the bride and groom and their families to be the center of attention. Some need to be told what to do; Kimberly knows what to do--she gently, efficiently and firmly guided everyone as needed.

Bottom line: if you want a pro to relieve some of the day-of pressure and anxiety, so you can simply enjoy the wedding, we highly recommend Kimberly.

The Wedding Sitters took great care of us during my daughter's wedding day and night. Every detail was taken care of with thoughtfulness, caring and respect for everyone's needs. For sure the wedding could not have been as specia as it was if it weren't for Kim and her staff's professionalism, kindness and much needed smiles at a time when all were happy but quite overwhelmed.

Julia · Married on 04/27/2013

Kim was so helpful during the wedding and the week leading up to the wedding. She was a true pleasure to work with and everything ran so smoothly as a result. A number of times during the week leading up to the wedding, I commented to my husband that I wished that we had worked with Kim all along, as the planning process would have been so much smoother if we had had her help! Everything on the day of was flawless, and because of Kim I have this false notion that weddings are the simplest parties to throw! I was also very thankful for her assistant Amy, who was a calming force all day, always available with a stick of gum or a bottle of hairspray.

Our wedding was five days ago and we are still in complete awe at Kim's professionalism, energy, calm, skills and aura. While we were impressed before the wedding with her ease of making suggestions, list of reliable vendors and responsiveness, it was the day of the wedding when she truly shined.

To understand how incredible Kim was, it is important to understand the surrounding circumstance: our wedding was the eve of Hurricane Sandy. This meant that the morning of the wedding had to be spent trying to tackle any possible scenario, a job which Kim, and her assistant Carly, did absolutely beautifully, without raising any panic or alarm. She was consistently on the phone with our vendors, trying to provide ways for waiters and staff to get home so that no one would cancel. She didn't even panic when we found out that we were being evacuated from our hotel (which was across from Ground Zero) and kept our mood light. I am sure that there were even more things going on in the background of which she didn't make me aware.

Once at the venue, she coordinated a beautiful setup, making decisions according to our taste and the event ran smoothly reacting to the movements and mood (which was not at its height with the impending storm) of our guests. She knew what to say to me to calm me down and knowing that she was there meant that we could enjoy our wedding. One of the highlights was dancing with her at the end of the night!

Kim had stamina and humour in a wedding that had great stresses and there are no words to describe how grateful we are. We cannot recommend her enough!!!

Kim · Married on 10/15/2011

Do yourself a favor, and get Kim ASAP!

I had to write this review because Kim was by far the best decision we made in planning our wedding. I still cannot believe just how much Kim gave to us during our planning process; from providing the BEST vendors, to answering the most minuet questions, Kim's help and guidance truly was indispensable at every stage of the process. I can't imagine what our wedding day would have been without Kim - I enjoyed every minute of my wedding, and did not have to worry about a thing - Kim took care of EVERY detail efficiently, professionally, and seamlessly.

Kim's help, guidance, insight, creativity, patience, and attention throughout the 10 months leading up to our wedding truly cannot be overstated, and her execution the day of our wedding, truly made our day absolutely perfect.
    Kim, without fail, made every aspect of our wedding (and planning process) manageable, pleasant, and honestly really fun!

I HIGHLY recommend Kim to each and every bride - you deserve to enjoy every minute of your wedding, and I can attest that Kim will make sure that happens!

• Edward

Edward · Married on 06/18/2011

Kim Pilson essentially made our wedding and the two weeks leading up to it stress-free. She thinks of things no one else will. Thank you Kim, for our getting hitched went off without a glitch!

Jessica · Married on 05/14/2011

Kimberly Pilson was a shining light on the day of our daughter's wedding. She was so well-organized, 100% reliable, always pleasant and a great resource for us to lean on. She took alot of stress off of my daughter and myself...we always felt that Kim was overseeing everything and dealing with all the "little bumps in the road" for us. She was a great asset to us, and we really think that the wedding would not have run smoothly without her. We thank her very, very much!
    Rhonda Weintraub (wedding May 14, 2011)