The UnRuffled Bride Wedding & Event Coordination Reviews

55 | New York, NY

55 Reviews for The UnRuffled Bride Wedding & Event Coordination

Anne-Marie · Married on 10/08/2011

Rebecca was an amazing day-of coordinator. Before the wedding, she met with my fiance and I more than once to give us much needed advice and to check out our venue. Our ceremony was in a public park and Rebecca and her assistant decorated the space and kept it clear of other park-goers which made our ceremony feel so intimate (in the middle of Manhattan!). I really do not know how we could have pulled that off without Rebecca's guidance. A friend of mine told me the ceremony was like a fairy tale. The manager of the restaurant where our reception was held was not the most cooperative and I know he gave her a hard time, but she kept your cool throughout, which was very calming for me! Rebecca thought of everything I never would have, and at the end of the night when we saw that she had already dropped off our things at the hotel for us, I was so grateful that everything was taken care of for us after an exhausting day.

Sent on 11/11/2011

I was lucky enough to have Rebecca of The Unruffled Bride as the day-of coordinator for my Brooklyn-based wedding. Rebecca was so easy to work with and truly went above and beyond to make the day (and weekend for that matter!) run smoothly. She was easy to work with and vendors had nothing but nice things to say about her. Needless to say, my wedding went off without a hitch, of which Rebecca played a major role. I would recommend her in a heartbeat!

Sent on 07/09/2014

Ya-Ting · Married on 10/22/2011

Rebecca was so thoughtful, attentive and encouraging. She helped me coordinate the wedding day and made sure I did not have to worry about dealing with vendors or transportation. She was very thorough and detail oriented, especially at the end of the night when she helped packed up flowers and other props, materials. I would highly recommend her services to any bride looking to work with someone professional and down to earth!

Sent on 11/06/2011

M · Married on 09/02/2011

3.0

Pros: Rebecca and her assistant (and husband) Luis were extremely sweet. Rebecca met with me although she had a rehearsal/wedding in Pittsburgh – she took the bus for 16 hours for a 30 minute meeting!!!!!!! (I didn’t know this until the meeting, otherwise of course I would never make her do that!!) and really cared about me and the wedding. She contacted me several times prior to the wedding, always checking in and offering her help. Luis was also very knowledgeable with technology which helped ease my dads nervous about displaying his movie at the wedding. Day of ran very smoothly, everything was set up pretty much how I requested, and they helped us pack everything up (including things I forgot about).

Cons: At the rehearsal/day of Rebecca seemed a little bit out of her element – they ended up arriving late because of a transportation issue and she seemed a little flustered. Also, she said she was going to seat people but didn't end everyone ended up sitting on the wrong sides. There were also a few times where I was looking for her and couldn’t find her or asked her to do something and she said she would but when I saw it still wans’t done me or my husband ended up doing it ourselves.

Bottom Line: Rebecca is really sweet and cares a lot but I would have liked for her to be a little more on top of things during the reception.

Sent on 09/19/2011

The UnRuffled Bride Wedding & Event Coordination's reply:

First of all let me start by saying thank you for allowing us to be a part of your wedding day. It was a pleasure working with you and your families. I just wanted to explain a couple of things because I don't want you to feel like I didn't give you 110% like I do all my brides. I did run late on the wedding day and that was due to the trains still being messed up because of the hurricane. That was out of my control but I ended up taking a cab from Newark to the venue so I wouldn't be excessively late. When I got there the maitre'd wasn't there yet and the wait staff was just arriving. So I ended up having to wait around with the florist while a rehearsal that the venue was having in your ceremony space was done but we still got everything running on time once everyone got there. As for you not finding me that was probably the time that I had to step out to handle the cigar roller situation. They sent 2 rollers and I had to track down Scott to see which one was hired since they both had paperwork and a couple of other little behind the scene things that I needed to take care of and if you didn't notice then I am happy because I did my job. Again I am so happy for you guys! The wedding was beautiful and everyone had a great time! Best of luck!

Rebecca
  • Jpbride2B

Judy · Married on 10/14/2019

2.0
      2.0

In the End, was not worth it for what we paid for. Contract was not met.

Looking back, I know I should have just hired them as day of coordinators as opposed to partial planner services. In the end, I ended up doing everything myself, they were not at our rehearsal, they did things (changes to the order of events) without talking to me about it and actually ended up doing what I had specifically said I did not want. When I spoke to our DJ about why he did things that I specifically asked him not to, he said that he was going by the changes the planners put in place. While I am very grateful for their flexibility the day of and their recommendations of vendors where very good, literally my number 1 regret from our wedding is paying for the partial planning services when it really was just day-of coordination that would have been better for them. Multiple aspects of our contract were not met: A planning meeting the month before, them being in contact with vendors 2 weeks prior, them being at and running our rehearsal. BUT everything day on (aside from the unapproved changes to the order) was on point. SO I def would recommend them as the day of, they are very hands-on and on point. But anything beyond that, in wedding peak season, I do not recommend. They had weddings all weekend before mine and it was hard to get in touch with them the days before bc of that. If I could do it all again, I would not have used their services. My husband and I both really regret this choice.

Personally, they are both extremely kind and amazing people. I truly just feel like we fell through the cracks in a busy season.

Sent on 03/25/2020