The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa, a DoubleTree by Hilton Reviews

6 | Rochester, NY

6 Reviews for The Strathallan Rochester Hotel & Spa, a DoubleTree by Hilton

Michaela Auer · Getting married on 12/31/2019

Amazing Experience

We booked the Strathallan in March for our December wedding. The Strathallan staff has been nothing but amazing so far! We are so excited to continue this process with them!

Sent on 05/02/2019

Allison · Married on 12/29/2018

Best Venue!

After looking at multiple venues, I fell in love with the Strathallan. I had my ceremony and reception at the Century Club (next door), and the Strath catered. My experience was amazing and I would highly recommend this venue to any bride who wants a professional, tasteful, and relaxing day. Noelle, the coordinator was WONDERFUL, as she has a lot of experiences with weddings. She guided me through the process and suggested ideas while understanding my vision for the day. On my wedding, I did not worry about a single thing because Noelle organized all the events throughout the day/night. My guests loved the food and beautiful venue!

Sent on 01/05/2019
  • Jennifer

Jennifer · Married on 09/07/2018

Even without the breathtaking views...The Strathallan would still get five stars. Noelle, Ashely and their entire team at The Strathallan were amazing to work with from start to finish. From taking care of setting up the small details so I didn't have to worry to helping my husband and Dad pull off some amazing surprises during the Reception...they were the best! Planning was a breeze and Noelle was easy to communicate with via email during the months leading up to the wedding. We felt like we knew exactly what was going on and never felt out of the loop. There is plenty to choose from when it comes to creating your menu and everything was amazing. Narrowing down our choices was the hard part! To this day, all of our guest are still raving about the food (both the 14 oz. steak and the late night garbage plates to be specific). But most importantly, they take care of the Bride & Groom. A room was included in the price of the Ballroom and our coordinator made sure hors d'oeuvres were waiting in our suite when we freshened up before heading up to our cocktail hour. When we arrived late and couldn't stop into our room? She had them brought to our table instead. When we didn't get a chance to stop dancing and eat our cake? They had it boxed up and ready for us to take back to our room. Weddings are expensive but The Strathallan was worth every cent.

Sent on 09/17/2018

Robert · Married on 10/22/2016

We had a fantastic wedding at the Century Club of Rochester, now owned by the Strathallan Hotel. It was the perfect venue for our wedding, and the wedding coordinator (Noelle) was great at helping us to coordinate the wedding from 2,000+ miles away. The other day-of coordinators, Theresa and Leah, were also amazing. No problems to report here - the food was excellent and everything flowed smoothly. Our day was perfect. It was the pricier option for us, but for us we wanted to offload as much of the work to the venue as possible and Strathallan delivered.

Sent on 11/27/2016

Emily · Married on 12/17/2005

3.4
      3.0
      2.5
      3.5

The day of our wedding we found out the reception coordinator called in sick and we were stuck with someone who hadn't been working with us. Therefore, the schedule of the day seemed unorganized and rushed, and it caused unnecessary stress. The food was great, but the chicken was made completely different than when we had the tastings a month before. Also, my husband and I stayed at the hotel that night. The reception coordinator had promised that the room would be prepared specially for us (roses, candles, champagne), and when we walked in there was nothing out of the ordinary there.

Sent on 08/17/2008

Bobbi · Married on 10/06/2007

0.0

We booked our out of town guests and ourselves into the Strathallan because it was close to our wedding venue. We received the worst service we've ever had in a hotel, from the front desk all the way up to the general manager. The service was so poor that we fought for and received a full refund from the hotel. If you decide to book a special event at the Strathallan, do so at your own risk.

Sent on 11/18/2008