The Silk Veil Events by Ivy Reviews

The Silk Veil Events by Ivy 1
The Silk Veil Events by Ivy 2
  • Emily

Emily · Married on 10/20/2018

Worth Every Penny and Saved My Flowers!

I cannot even express in words how amazing Ivy was for our wedding!!! She provided me with a complete schedule for the day which helped keep everyone else on track so I didn't have to worry about the flow of the wedding. She saved the day when something didn't go right with our flowers, and she kept her cool so that I didn't stress out on my special day. My whole family and friends loved her, and we felt she not only did her job but tried to get to know everyone and be part of our group. Ivy goes above and beyond what her job description entails, and I couldn't have asked for a better person to handle our wedding day! I would HIGHLY recommend her to future brides. Thank you Ivy!!!

Dana · Married on 08/11/2018

What can I say about Ivy!?!?! A take charge and get things done type of person. She was simply amazing and made sure our wedding was "our day". She went over and above and I can't thank her enough!! AMAZING!

• Alicia

Alicia · Married on 05/04/2018

Ivy is hands down AMAZING!! We loved her and her personality. She is very professional and knows when to have fun and when to get things done! She is also very reasonably priced!

The Silk Veil Events by Ivy 3

Lauren · Married on 03/10/2018

I just contracted with The Silk Veil as my wedding planner for my upcoming March 2018 wedding. I was overwhelmed with the professionalism shown just during my initial call(s) for information. Their followup was immediate and more thorough than expected - which was nice. I can't wait to see how the event itself unfolds with their help!

• Tameeka

Tameeka · Married on 03/10/2018

There is so much I can say about Ivy, but AMAZING sums her up. Ivy comes with a wealth of knowledge, professionalism, organization, precise execution, and the small details brides tend to forget. I "thought" I could plan my own wedding, but quickly figured out planning a wedding is a lot more than purchasing the "Wedding Planning" book from Barnes & Nobles. LOL
    After much frustration, I upgraded my DOC package to a planning package and the rest was history. Ivy and I met to discuss my vision, and she brought it to LIFE. My wedding day was absolutely perfect. It was EVERYTHING I could have asked for a MORE. Ivy and her team did an absolutely amazing job. My day went off without a hitch. I would recommend her and her team to any bride/groom looking for planning services.

Brianna · Married on 11/11/2017

I cannot even begin to say enough about how OUTSTANDING Ivy was!!!!!!! I booked her around August 2016 and our wedding was November 2017- from start to finish Ivy was wonderful. She was VERY detailed & organized which I absolutely loved, without her I would've forgotten so many details, and all of those little details made our day absolutely perfect thanks to Ivy. So I've talked about how great the planning process was but how she was the day of still has me speechless- she was more AMAZING than I could've imagined for the day of and truly went above & beyond to make our day SO perfect. I brought a TON of DIY decor & she set everything up so I didn't have to worry about at ALL the day of (from a photo booth, cigar bar, tons of mason jars, table cards, bar area, various pictures scattered, etc.). She gave all of my vendors a tour of the venue & guided them where to be & when. Right after the ceremony when we were taking pictures she even made sure the caterers came over to us (bridal party & family) to bring us appetizers & drinks, I was blown away. If anything didn't work out at the wedding or something happened, I didn't even know about it at all- Ivy literally did AMAZING, she kept everything so coordinated from start to finish and I am crazy about organization. Affordable price and worth every penny- If you book anyone other than Ivy, you are missing out & will be disappointed. Ivy was outstanding & I would book her again in a heartbeat!!!!!

Wow! Ivy was amazing to work with! She was very organized and had everything prepared and ready to go before our big day even started. She contacted and sent schedules to every one of our vendors and made sure everything was in order prior to our wedding day. She was also very quick to respond whenever I had questions or if something unexpected came up during planning. Everything was taken care of the day of and I didn't have to worry about any of it. I was able to enjoy my day and knew that she would handle any issues that may arise.
    I had originally planned on not hiring a planner to save money but the closer we got, the more stressed I became realizing I would have to do it all myself. Hiring Ivy to be our planner was one of the best decisions I made throughout the entire planning process.
    She was right where I needed her the entire night. She even came running to the rescue to help clean me up after my husband decided to shove cake all over my face :)
    If you're looking for a planner or are still debating on whether or not you should spend the extra money, please take my advice and go with The Silk Veil. She's reasonably priced and to be honest, she's worth a lot more than what she charges. You will not regret it, I promise!!

Takiylia · Married on 09/04/2016

This review is a little late, but better late than never, right?! I hired The Silk Veil to do month of coordination and I was NOT disappointed! Ivy is top notch when it comes to coordinating your wedding. Not once during my wedding day did I feel overwhelmed because she literally took care of everything!! She is super organized and personable and worked the vendor schedule to a tee. Highly, highly recommended!!!!

Elizabeth · Married on 08/20/2016

My family hired Ivy for month of coordination and we LOVED her. Not only is Ivy a super organized, professional, and knowledgeable wedding planner, but she also has a great sense of humor and genuine attitude that totally put me at ease during that last stressful month. Ivy was also great at giving suggestions and made herself available throughout the planning process. Our day would not have come together like it did without her. We had the best weekend of our lives and were so fortunate that Ivy was there to coordinate it.

• U

U · Married on 08/13/2016

Ivy is full of energy and a great person to work with. I was a bride that did most of the planning on my own but needed someone to help with the "day of" coordination and Ivy stepped up to the job. She's great to work with and did a phenomenal job ironing out the details and putting the finishing touches on our special day. If you're looking for a coordinator, Silk Veil Events by Ivy is where you want to be!

Dewana · Married on 07/23/2016

Our wedding was July 23rd, 2016 we used lvy services for the day of and still felt like she gave us full planning services. Ivy is very professional ,she gave us great tips & ideas for our wedding, she made both bride and groom feel comfortable and relaxed...she made sure all vendors and contracts were in proper order. Being a new bride I had lots of questions about the ceremony & and every time I emailed, texted or called, Ivy would respond back quickly, she has a great personality and was fun to work with ,we will miss her. Thank you for everything! D & D

Morgan · Married on 11/01/2015

Ivy was awesome! I wasn't convinced that I needed a day of coordinator but if Ivy wasn't there our wedding would have been a mess. She is professional and organized and assertive enough to control a large drunk wedding party! If it weren't for Ivy we would have no photos from our wedding because our minister didn't want any. But she worked with the minister and photographer to make a compromise. I would recommend Ivy to every friend! We only had her for the day but the planning process would have been so smooth if we would have used her as a planner. Well worth the money!

A. · Married on 10/03/2015

Being the Type A person that I am, it's really hard to relinquish control to others especially when it comes to something as big as a wedding. However, from the first initial meeting I had with Ivy I knew she was the right person to coordinate our wedding day. Ivy's professionalism and organization is impeccable and she's amazing at making sure every intricate detail is addressed. In the moments I felt like I was losing it, Ivy had a Plan A, B, and C and does a great job at putting your worries to ease. Thank you so much Ivy for your amazing talent and for being a part of our day!

Ebony · Married on 08/08/2015

Where do I begin? Ivy was a god send. She put me with the very best vendors to help my vision become a reality. Very professional from start to finish. She was very honest with me when I asked her opinions about certain things because I had no idea what I was doing. I absolutely love her. She made me feel like a friend instead of a client. Our wedding day was everything we expected and so much more. She was all about business and she played no games. If anything went wrong I didn't know it. She made our day so very special and for that I can't say thank you enough. If you are in need of a planner who will get the job done you will not be disappointed with this lady. Hands down the best of the best!!!

• Karlene

Karlene · Married on 07/04/2015

Ms. Ivy is the best wedding planner in Charlotte. When I first met her she was very personable but I knew she was business which made me feel so good since I was getting married in a state I did not reside. I got married on July 4th in Charlotte and it was the most beautiful, well organized wedding I could have ever dreamed of. She did a wonderful job with all of the other vendors and her presence made me feel comfortable that my wedding was going to be just as I imagined it. I had no stress and no worries because I knew she had it. BEST wedding planner ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stephanie · Married on 04/26/2015

Ivy and her crew were amazing! They were more than attentive to all my needs, as well as my guests needs during the wedding. They went above and beyond my expectations. Honestly, I can't even begin to imagine my wedding without her! Because of Ivy, our wedding flowed smoothly and the entire day was exactly as I had envisioned. She helped my dream wedding come true! Will never forget Ivy, Tina, or April!

Megan · Married on 04/25/2015

I cannot say enough good things about Ivy and her team (Tina was our other day-of coordinator). She is professional, kind, patient, and a great shot-caller. We would not have had a successful day without her. Ivy started working with my vendors about a month out, and was in constant communication with me and with them. We have recommended Ivy to family and friends. She is simply a delight and runs a tight ship! Thank you for everything, Silk Veil!

Sherrie · Married on 04/11/2015

The Silk Veil Events by Ivy was very professional and organized. She was very attentive to our every needs as well as my guest. She made our wedding run smooth and error free. Words cannot describe how everything turned out. She is truly heaven sent.

Denise · Married on 03/28/2015

Are you overwhelmed with Wedding Planning? Call Ivy! It will be the best money you will spend planning your wedding. Delia and I had a day wedding and knew we needed a Day of Coordinator to manage us and our vendors. Ivy provide us with advice on vendors and made sure we were on track to having everything ready for the big day. She is extremely professional and organized. She has great relationships with the vendors and worked with everyone to ensure the wedding went smoothly. Ivy also had great ideas for using the decorations we had purchased for the reception. When we arrived at the venue, everything was ready and the reception area was decorated beautifully. She understood our vision for the wedding and made it come true. It was a perfect day with no worries due to Ivy and her team. Just do it! Call Ivy! You will not be disappointed.

• Amber

Amber · Married on 11/15/2014

I can't say enough about Ivy! Not only is she completely thorough and organized, but she is also a super nice, genuine person to have around. I couldn't even stress about my wedding the day of or the day before because she was so calm. My venue was beautifully decorated by her...I just can't say enough.

Sena · Married on 10/18/2014

Ivy was awesome and with 7 kids in a wedding , you need awesome! Hiring her was by far the best decision I made in the wedding planning process. She would be my choice if I were planning all over again!

Landon · Married on 10/11/2014

Ivy was the BEST!! She is very professional, well organized, and really knows the ins and outs of everything wedding related. We had rain on our wedding day, so it threw a huge monkey wrench into how the day was planned to go. Ivy was very quick on her feet and made sure we got things back on track and ensured that the day was a success. It was a joy working with Ivy. We would highly recommend The Silk Veil Events by Ivy.

• ForeverMrsBailey

Donte · Married on 09/13/2014

Ivy was absolutely AMAZING!!! She is such an awesome wedding planner. She really knows her stuff! She made sure everything started on time and made sure things ran smoothly. The decor was breathtaking, it was very elegant, just what i wanted! Hiring Ivy was the best decision i could have made for myself and my wedding! Thanks again Ivy you ROCK!!!!

• Mareisha

Mareisha · Married on 08/16/2014

Where do I start? From the very first meeting with Ivy Honeycutt of The Silk Veil Events by Ivy, I was impressed. I knew right away that she was who I wanted as our wedding planner! Her knowledge and relationships with local vendors made the process easier and a lot less stressful! Ivy and her team are professional and very organized. The day of the wedding I did not have one worry in my mind - I knew that my day was in excellent hands. Ivy and her team executed a flawless day for me and my now husband. We have received several comments on how this was the "best wedding" our guests have attended! Thank you Ivy!!!!

Christine · Married on 08/09/2014

Ivy with The Silk Veil did a awesome job coordinating our wedding!!! We had another wedding planner prior to hiring Ivy, and unfortunately we lacked confidence in her ability to execute the event. Ivy was a life saver, she swooped right in and saved the day! She made sure our vision for the wedding came to life, and every single detail was executed flawlessly. Ivy is professional, knowledgeable and loves what she does. We are so thankful to have Ivy and The Silk Veil Events be part of our special day! If you want your wedding to go off without a hitch, Ivy with The Silk Veil is the way to go!