Is this your business? Claim this listing
• Customize your Storefront with your business info
• Network with and learn from other professionals
• Showcase your work with photos & videos
• Collect reviews from your clients and build more credibility

77 Reviews for The Silk Veil Events by Ivy

Event Design (2)
Destination (2)
Non-Religious (2)
77 The Silk Veil Events by Ivy Reviews

Ivy is hands down AMAZING!! We loved her and her personality. She is very professional and knows when to have fun and when to get things done! She is also very reasonably priced!

Profile Picture Alicia, 5/4/18, 9 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I just contracted with The Silk Veil as my wedding planner for my upcoming March 2018 wedding. I was overwhelmed with the professionalism shown just during my initial call(s) for information. Their followup was immediate and more thorough than expected - which was nice. I can't wait to see how the event itself unfolds with their help!

Profile Picture Lauren, 3/10/18, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Reception, Religious

There is so much I can say about Ivy, but AMAZING sums her up. Ivy comes with a wealth of knowledge, professionalism, organization, precise execution, and the small details brides tend to forget. I "thought" I could plan my own wedding, but quickly figured out planning a wedding is a lot more than purchasing the "Wedding Planning" book from Barnes & Nobles. LOL
After much frustration, I upgraded my DOC package to a planning package and the rest was history. Ivy and I met to discuss my vision, and she brought it to LIFE. My wedding day was absolutely perfect. It was EVERYTHING I could have asked for a MORE. Ivy and her team did an absolutely amazing job. My day went off without a hitch. I would recommend her and her team to any bride/groom looking for planning services.

Profile Picture Tameeka, 3/10/18, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Religious

I cannot even begin to say enough about how OUTSTANDING Ivy was!!!!!!! I booked her around August 2016 and our wedding was November 2017- from start to finish Ivy was wonderful. She was VERY detailed & organized which I absolutely loved, without her I would've forgotten so many details, and all of those little details made our day absolutely perfect thanks to Ivy. So I've talked about how great the planning process was but how she was the day of still has me speechless- she was more AMAZING than I could've imagined for the day of and truly went above & beyond to make our day SO perfect. I brought a TON of DIY decor & she set everything up so I didn't have to worry about at ALL the day of (from a photo booth, cigar bar, tons of mason jars, table cards, bar area, various pictures scattered, etc.). She gave all of my vendors a tour of the venue & guided them where to be & when. Right after the ceremony when we were taking pictures she even made sure the caterers came over to us (bridal party & family) to bring us appetizers & drinks, I was blown away. If anything didn't work out at the wedding or something happened, I didn't even know about it at all- Ivy literally did AMAZING, she kept everything so coordinated from start to finish and I am crazy about organization. Affordable price and worth every penny- If you book anyone other than Ivy, you are missing out & will be disappointed. Ivy was outstanding & I would book her again in a heartbeat!!!!!

Profile Picture Brianna, 11/11/17, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Budget Analysis, Day-Of Coord., Event Design, Partial Planning, Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Ivy was AMAZING! We had a rowdy bridal party and Ivy was not afraid to take control and make sure we rehearsed properly, stayed on cue and made it to everything when we were supposed to. She kept everything organized the day of and was on top of her game for the wedding. Whenever I needed her, she was only a few steps away. She was prepared for things that I couldn't have imagined (my bustle broke while dancing) and she was there with pins to get it back together. I loved having Ivy as my day of coordinator and my wedding day would not have been as perfect as it was without her!

Profile Picture Brianna, 5/25/17, 8 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Destination

Ivy was the best!!! She was on top of her game and made sure everything went perfect for our wedding!!! We had a few game time changes and she rolled with them like that was the plan the whole time. Could not have done the wedding and reception without her!!! If you think you don't need any help day of, you are wrong!!! Hire Ivy and you will not have any regrets!!!

Profile Picture Mandy, 3/26/17, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Non-Religious, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception

Ivy was great to work with. She is worth much more than she charges. She was my wild card vendor based on some interactions throughout planning, but everything went very smoothly the weekend of the wedding. She's very straight forward which is a pro and a con. I know there were times when she needed answers that I didn't have and that stressed me. She definitely knows what she's doing, but I wish she would have provided more advice/recommendations throughout my planning process rather than just at the final meeting. For the quality of work for the price, I would definitely recommend her.

Profile Picture User6052701, 1+ year ago, 10 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Non-Religious, Ceremony, Reception

Wow! Ivy was amazing to work with! She was very organized and had everything prepared and ready to go before our big day even started. She contacted and sent schedules to every one of our vendors and made sure everything was in order prior to our wedding day. She was also very quick to respond whenever I had questions or if something unexpected came up during planning. Everything was taken care of the day of and I didn't have to worry about any of it. I was able to enjoy my day and knew that she would handle any issues that may arise.
I had originally planned on not hiring a planner to save money but the closer we got, the more stressed I became realizing I would have to do it all myself. Hiring Ivy to be our planner was one of the best decisions I made throughout the entire planning process.
She was right where I needed her the entire night. She even came running to the rescue to help clean me up after my husband decided to shove cake all over my face :)
If you're looking for a planner or are still debating on whether or not you should spend the extra money, please take my advice and go with The Silk Veil. She's reasonably priced and to be honest, she's worth a lot more than what she charges. You will not regret it, I promise!!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 10/15/16, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I was very impressed with Ivy, the owner of the company. I went with the Day of Services from the Silk Veil. Ivy was in contact with me for months before the wedding sorting out the details; she even came to the venue walk through with me. My day-of coordinator was Cheryl. She was very helpful. I feel like I hardly saw her during the ceremony and reception, but every time I asked her about something or where something was, she said it was already taken care of. I appreciated how she got things done behind the scenes. It did, however, seem like she did not fully read or know the plan that I had put together with Ivy, To be honest, I was very frustrated with the rehearsal dinner because of it - it seemed like everything I had mapped out with Ivy, she did not know or tried to change. Overall though, I know that the day would not have gone off anywhere near as smoothly without Silk Veil.

Profile Picture Ali, 9/24/16, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Referrals, Ceremony, Reception, Religious

This review is a little late, but better late than never, right?! I hired The Silk Veil to do month of coordination and I was NOT disappointed! Ivy is top notch when it comes to coordinating your wedding. Not once during my wedding day did I feel overwhelmed because she literally took care of everything!! She is super organized and personable and worked the vendor schedule to a tee. Highly, highly recommended!!!!

Profile Picture Takiylia, 9/4/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Day-Of Coord., Timelines, To-Do Lists, Religious, Ceremony, Reception

My family hired Ivy for month of coordination and we LOVED her. Not only is Ivy a super organized, professional, and knowledgeable wedding planner, but she also has a great sense of humor and genuine attitude that totally put me at ease during that last stressful month. Ivy was also great at giving suggestions and made herself available throughout the planning process. Our day would not have come together like it did without her. We had the best weekend of our lives and were so fortunate that Ivy was there to coordinate it.

Profile Picture Elizabeth, 8/20/16, 1 Review
Services Used: Partial Planning, Ceremony, Reception

Ivy is full of energy and a great person to work with. I was a bride that did most of the planning on my own but needed someone to help with the "day of" coordination and Ivy stepped up to the job. She's great to work with and did a phenomenal job ironing out the details and putting the finishing touches on our special day. If you're looking for a coordinator, Silk Veil Events by Ivy is where you want to be!

Profile Picture U, 8/13/16, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Our wedding was July 23rd, 2016 we used lvy services for the day of and still felt like she gave us full planning services. Ivy is very professional ,she gave us great tips & ideas for our wedding, she made both bride and groom feel comfortable and relaxed...she made sure all vendors and contracts were in proper order. Being a new bride I had lots of questions about the ceremony & and every time I emailed, texted or called, Ivy would respond back quickly, she has a great personality and was fun to work with ,we will miss her. Thank you for everything! D & D

Profile Picture Dewana, 7/23/16, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

Ivy was awesome! I wasn't convinced that I needed a day of coordinator but if Ivy wasn't there our wedding would have been a mess. She is professional and organized and assertive enough to control a large drunk wedding party! If it weren't for Ivy we would have no photos from our wedding because our minister didn't want any. But she worked with the minister and photographer to make a compromise. I would recommend Ivy to every friend! We only had her for the day but the planning process would have been so smooth if we would have used her as a planner. Well worth the money!

Profile Picture Morgan, 11/1/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning
Services Used: Ceremony, Reception, Day-Of Coord., Timelines, Referrals, Destination, Religious

Being the Type A person that I am, it's really hard to relinquish control to others especially when it comes to something as big as a wedding. However, from the first initial meeting I had with Ivy I knew she was the right person to coordinate our wedding day. Ivy's professionalism and organization is impeccable and she's amazing at making sure every intricate detail is addressed. In the moments I felt like I was losing it, Ivy had a Plan A, B, and C and does a great job at putting your worries to ease. Thank you so much Ivy for your amazing talent and for being a part of our day!

Profile Picture A., 10/3/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Where do I begin? Ivy was a god send. She put me with the very best vendors to help my vision become a reality. Very professional from start to finish. She was very honest with me when I asked her opinions about certain things because I had no idea what I was doing. I absolutely love her. She made me feel like a friend instead of a client. Our wedding day was everything we expected and so much more. She was all about business and she played no games. If anything went wrong I didn't know it. She made our day so very special and for that I can't say thank you enough. If you are in need of a planner who will get the job done you will not be disappointed with this lady. Hands down the best of the best!!!

Profile Picture Ebony, 8/8/15, 6 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ms. Ivy is the best wedding planner in Charlotte. When I first met her she was very personable but I knew she was business which made me feel so good since I was getting married in a state I did not reside. I got married on July 4th in Charlotte and it was the most beautiful, well organized wedding I could have ever dreamed of. She did a wonderful job with all of the other vendors and her presence made me feel comfortable that my wedding was going to be just as I imagined it. I had no stress and no worries because I knew she had it. BEST wedding planner ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Profile Picture Karlene, 7/4/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ivy and her crew were amazing! They were more than attentive to all my needs, as well as my guests needs during the wedding. They went above and beyond my expectations. Honestly, I can't even begin to imagine my wedding without her! Because of Ivy, our wedding flowed smoothly and the entire day was exactly as I had envisioned. She helped my dream wedding come true! Will never forget Ivy, Tina, or April!

Profile Picture Stephanie, 4/26/15, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I cannot say enough good things about Ivy and her team (Tina was our other day-of coordinator). She is professional, kind, patient, and a great shot-caller. We would not have had a successful day without her. Ivy started working with my vendors about a month out, and was in constant communication with me and with them. We have recommended Ivy to family and friends. She is simply a delight and runs a tight ship! Thank you for everything, Silk Veil!

Profile Picture Megan, 4/25/15, 1 Review
Category: Wedding Planning

The Silk Veil Events by Ivy was very professional and organized. She was very attentive to our every needs as well as my guest. She made our wedding run smooth and error free. Words cannot describe how everything turned out. She is truly heaven sent.

Profile Picture Sherrie, 4/11/15, 2 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Are you overwhelmed with Wedding Planning? Call Ivy! It will be the best money you will spend planning your wedding. Delia and I had a day wedding and knew we needed a Day of Coordinator to manage us and our vendors. Ivy provide us with advice on vendors and made sure we were on track to having everything ready for the big day. She is extremely professional and organized. She has great relationships with the vendors and worked with everyone to ensure the wedding went smoothly. Ivy also had great ideas for using the decorations we had purchased for the reception. When we arrived at the venue, everything was ready and the reception area was decorated beautifully. She understood our vision for the wedding and made it come true. It was a perfect day with no worries due to Ivy and her team. Just do it! Call Ivy! You will not be disappointed.

Profile Picture Denise, 3/28/15, 4 Reviews
2.7

She made sure everything went off without a hitch. The party was perfect and I had no stress because everything was taken care of. She is an excellent planner and has great quality of work. However, her attitude towards my other vendors was unnecessary. She insulted every person I had there volunteering to help. My guests commented how rude she was over and over again. My entire bridal party was insulted as well. She has great potential if she will lose the attitude. Her assistant was wonderful and so sweet! So thankful for her!

View Vendor Response
Profile Picture User4194809, 2+ years ago, 5 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ivy/Silk Veil Events was amazing. My fiance and I hired The Silk Veil about year away from our wedding to help us find vendors and to help us design our wedding. Ivy helped us find our caterer, officiant, florist, dj, lighting and my super amazing make-up artist in addition to helping us come with ideas for the style and look of our wedding. Between her and our florist (April's Floral Expressions) the wedding was even more than what we wanted.

Day of coordination was amazing. If you can't do full or partial wedding planning - do the day of coordination. She kept everyone on schedule and focused. The wedding went off without a hitch. If you ask her to make sure no one uses cell phones or other forms of technology - you will not see a cell phone, iPhone, iPad, iWhatever in the room. She even walked my husband and I through what we needed to do to make sure our cake cutting photos/video came out well. She stayed on top of our bar situation (we had a host bar) to let us know when we were close to maxing out our budget; she found ziploc bags for leftover food because I forgot to buy takeout boxes.

I took of my shoes on the dancefloor to move around better, she came and got them. I know I'm missing things - but she just made the day go by so smoothly. All of my guests were talking about how awesome she was. I really can't thank The Silk Veil enough! Our wedding probably would've been a mess without her and her guidance.

She's got a good eye for detail and wants to make sure that your wedding day goes as smoothly and is as beautiful as possible. Listen to her advice. She cares as much about your wedding as you do!

Profile Picture Kristen, 12/13/14, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

I can't say enough about Ivy! Not only is she completely thorough and organized, but she is also a super nice, genuine person to have around. I couldn't even stress about my wedding the day of or the day before because she was so calm. My venue was beautifully decorated by her...I just can't say enough.

Profile Picture User3808287, 2+ years ago, 7 Reviews
Category: Wedding Planning

Ivy was awesome and with 7 kids in a wedding , you need awesome! Hiring her was by far the best decision I made in the wedding planning process. She would be my choice if I were planning all over again!

Profile Picture Sena, 10/18/14, 1 Review